Give 'em Hell Malone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little Cannes update for those inquisitive minds -- Good things happened. They sold to several territories. A lot of times at these markets, they'll initiate the deal, but will close several weeks / months after the market, so I haven't been given any solid info yet. We've also got at least one potentially cool stateside screenings on the horizon, things are still congealing so I'm not allowed to talk about it, but I'll let you know as soon as the plans are solid and hopefully you guys can catch it. I'll report here first before the Facebook page...

Mark

Just a little Cannes update for those inquisitive minds -- Good things happened. They sold to several territories. A lot of times at these markets, they'll initiate the deal, but will close several weeks / months after the market, so I haven't been given any solid info yet. We've also got at least one potentially cool stateside screenings on the horizon, things are still congealing so I'm not allowed to talk about it, but I'll let you know as soon as the plans are solid and hopefully you guys can catch it. I'll report here first before the Facebook page...

Mark

Congrats man! Here's to boat-loads of money so you can do another one! "Next time there's a new guy..." :)

Congrats man! Here's to boat-loads of money so you can do another one! "Next time there's a new guy..." :)

Wanting the best for this picture. Great cast, great preview/snippets, lets hope that the rest of the world will enjoy it as much as we plan to. Here is to a great launch, hopefully with a wide theatre release both in North America and abroad.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think they've screened it for US distributors yet -- they're finalizing the score at the moment. BUT, there is news coming shortly...

Not soon enough for us :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, it's been so QUIET on the Malone front lately, I haven't known what to do with myself -- Googling "Give em hell, Malone" no longer pops up any new blogs I haven't read a thousand times. My wife's dead tired of hearing the trailer played over and over and I'm dead tired of telling my friends "It's in post-production..." I mean c'mon -- is there really anything important to do to a movie after it's written????

Why don't we just screen the damn thing already?

Good idea!

If you happen to be in San Diego on Saturday July 25th at 10 PM attending a little soirée known as the 2009 Comic-Con, then you might just catch the first public screening of "Give 'em Hell, Malone" ... with a little panel talk from your friendly neighborhood filmmakers.

I don't think it's been publicly announced yet, so you heard it here on Raw first: July 25th, 10PM -- Comic-Con. I'm guessing the exact screening location will be available when they announce the programming.

Can't wait for all of you to see Malone in action.

Mark

And there's even more good news I cannot share yet.

What I can say is that it has nothing to do with a theatrical release.

It's great news from an aesthetic point of view though. Sorry to be so cryptic.

Still, you can bet that if I'm getting this excited it means good things for the film.

I'm actually so happy I could cry ;)

So yeah, if you're going to be at SDCC then you are in for a real treat.

Not sure how hard it will be to get passes yet but if you are a RAW forum member then just make sure you stop by the booth, tell us who you are, and we'll do what we can to get you in. Just make sure you hit us up by end of the show day Saturday.

Also, I'm pretty sure there will be a poster signing following the film and we should have extra's at the booth in case you miss it.

So far I'm almost positive that we'll have Tom Jane (Definite), Mark Hosack (almost definite, his wife is VERY pregnant!), and Chris Yen (Mauler) in attendance to sign the goodies. I'll be there too of course. Hopefully we'll have a Russell Mulcahy sighting too!

Start making plans ;)

- TB

And there's even more good news I cannot share yet.

What I can say is that it has nothing to do with a theatrical release.

It's great news from an aesthetic point of view though. Sorry to be so cryptic.

Still, you can bet that if I'm getting this excited it means good things for the film.

I'm actually so happy I could cry ;)

So yeah, if you're going to be at SDCC then you are in for a real treat.

Not sure how hard it will be to get passes yet but if you are a RAW forum member then just make sure you stop by the booth, tell us who you are, and we'll do what we can to get you in. Just make sure you hit us up by end of the show day Saturday.

Also, I'm pretty sure there will be a poster signing following the film and we should have extra's at the booth in case you miss it.

So far I'm almost positive that we'll have Tom Jane (Definite), Mark Hosack (almost definite, his wife is VERY pregnant!), and Chris Yen (Mauler) in attendance to sign the goodies. I'll be there too of course. Hopefully we'll have a Russell Mulcahy sighting too!

Start making plans ;)

- TB

Damn, I wish I could be there for that. Sadly, I'm getting ready to depart the Left Coast and will just miss SDCC. Good luck to you guys!

Ahhh.. Nada like Mateba pron to make me satisfied...

Does the 6-Unica actually command that much screen time or is it just a side effect of many action shot images/sequences?

Oh yeah man, the Mateba is all over the place in this film. It's Malone's sidekick ;)

There's a little breakup in some of these shots but it's because they were taken from low res footage.

Just an FYI.

- TB

Oh yeah man, the Mateba is all over the place in this film. It's Malone's sidekick ;)

There's a little breakup in some of these shots but it's because they were taken from low res footage.

Just an FYI.

- TB

Yeah... I'm gonna have to buy this movie no matter when it comes out then.... Anything that features a Mateba like my own, I need to have (Hence why I'm gonna see Gamer for the 'Serenity' Mateba/Gun/Prop).

Guest AdminGuyX

I'll be in Vegas at a friend's wedding or I would be there too. :( fucking figures.

I missed the blade runner presentation last year too.

My first time in Vegas though.

Great shots guys. Thanks Tom!!

Wanna feel even worse?

There is a possibility that we could be screening Dark Country at SDCC this year as well.

They actually have a 3D set-up in one of their screening rooms!

What a one-two punch that would be.

Nothing official yet but it's being talked about. There is an outside chance.

Obviously we'll keep you posted on that in the Dark Country thread.

Keep yer eye's peeled.

- TB

Wanna feel even worse?

There is a possibility that we could be screening Dark Country at SDCC this year as well.

This would be awesome. Especially if they screened back to back. TJ double feature AND his newest films.

BTW: I love the coloring on that Taxi Driver silhouette of Malone.

Yes, Malone loves his Mateba more than he does his girl.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.