_C_

I JUST...

Attended the premiere of Paul in Dublin. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost came in person to introduce it. Twas awesome.

Attended the premiere of Paul in Dublin. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost came in person to introduce it. Twas awesome.

Sweet! That's so cool! :D

was told I've been passed up for the job I put in within the company. This might be a good thing though. Still getting a raise for taking over while the old manager has left, so there is that. I've also been told they're thinking of me in another managment position, but it's a desk job. Not sure how I feel about that. I love my job because it's a nice mix of desk work and physicallity. I'll have to think that one over.

..took a helicopter ride the other day! I couldn't see much, though, 'cause I was strapped to a gurney w/ a neck brace on. An amature speed demon slammed into our car up @ Lake Tahoe.

Now I'll finally have something to talk to boxers and NFL lineman about! :P

The well wishes mean a lot. The doc said if I was playing football, I'd be at practice or if a soldier, I'd be released back to duty. Made me real grateful for the desk job that I do have. Archaeology is far from a contact sport!

Thanks again!

Take it easy and get well!

...survived the grand opening of our new store. 14 hours on my feet, non-stop running circles, it was pure insanity. Fun, but tiring. I even got hugged by Cookie Monster ;)

The best part of it was coming home to see my girls who have not seen me in last few day because of the set up. Nothing like getting tackled and hugged by my little ones.

..took a helicopter ride the other day! I couldn't see much, though, 'cause I was strapped to a gurney w/ a neck brace on. An amature speed demon slammed into our car up @ Lake Tahoe.

Now I'll finally have something to talk to boxers and NFL lineman about! :P

That's terrible. Hope you're feeling better!

...decided to go to school full time and try to get a fucking bachelor's degree. I'm 25 unemployed and have nothing else going on in my life, why the fuck not.

...decided to go to school full time and try to get a fucking bachelor's degree. I'm 25 unemployed and have nothing else going on in my life, why the fuck not.

Atta boy Mikey.... I wish I wanted to finish up with school myself. I'm 23, should technically ALREADY have my bachelors degree but I don't even have nearly enough credits for an associates degree. I changed my major 4 times and after being a bouncer for so long and working alongside cops and digging cop roles in movies and tv, I decided that my last and most recent major ought to be law enforcement. But that doesn't mean shit because I haven't done anything with it. I'm one credit shy of being able to work in the department of corrections but I just wanna make money, save up, and keep up with the movies.

Either way, keep at it and it should fly by for you. What are you majoring in?

-Raf

Aw yeah! But if I can throw in my 3 blah, blahs... whatever you do, don't major in something you THINK you should get. Major in something you want - no matter how ridiculous. The only collateral on a student loan is your mind. And they haven't been reposessing those since the Spanish Inquisition. ;)

I'm learning audio engineering but it's a certificate and not a degree program, but who knows if I can get an internship this summer I might not go through with it. Either way I figured it wouldn't hurt to have that bit of extra paper on a resume, it'll probably just be in the arts. I'm planning on getting an associates at a community college and then transfer for the bachelors. I'm pretty sure I more than qualify for a FAFSA Pell grant, so that should take care of some of the money.

Went to Dublin yesterday to see Obama. I gave up after a half hour spent in a massive line that stopped moving. I ended up watching it all in a pub. Bit disappointing, but he gave an awesome speech.

And he even paid for his own pint of Guinness, which is downright classy. :)

Guest AdminGuyX

Want the fucking RAIN TO STOP!!

The snow melted and it started raining, and it hasn't really stopped.

I'm only about 3 grand away from paying off my car! So close! It must feel great to have those extra couple bucks landing in your account instead of theirs. Congrats.

...finished my first feature length script, and feeling pretty good about it. Its 100 pages of pure gold B)

Returned to my brother's apartment in Seattle a few hours ago after attending the concert "PLAY! A Videogame Symphony". I'm in town visiting my brother as he has just graduated as a Doctor in Acupuncture and Oriental medicine. I'm heading back to Detroit tomorrow but while we were here, we noticed that this orchestra would be having a concert today and tomorrow at the same hall that my brothers graduation took place. He and I have been gamers for a long time but aside from that, we have always been fascinated by the music in games. With that being said, PLAY! is an orchestra that scores themes and compilations from all of the popular video games we all grew up with and currently play ranging from Super Mario Bros. to ZELDA, to Final Fantasy, to Metal Gear Solid, and Halo. It was fantastic and totally worth the 54 dollar ticket. Check them out on youtube because these sons of bitches are geniuses taking the midi sounds to real life.

-Raf

My son would have loved that. He's a guitar playing video game fanatic.

You ought to take him if they make it to your side of the grid

No dates in my area. Bummer.

BUT I just packed so I could head off to Miami for SuperCon this weekend. Looking forward to hanging with Paul Gulacy.

It also happens to be my wife and I's 15th wedding anniversary. So I thought "yeah. My wife has never been to a comic show! I'll take her there."

So there may be no 16th anniversary. We'll see. Actually I'll probybly only be at the show Sat. for a while and then hopefully meet Paul and Nanci for drinks later.

Sunday we will be in Key West. My first time and am dying to get there. Enjoy your fourth folks.