Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Inglorious Bastards

Yeah, word is now that is might just be a partial score. Mostly because of the time crunch of getting the film to Cannes next year.

The Weinstein Company has officially set the release date for Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds as August 21st, 2009. The only other films also slated for release at that time include Final Destination: Death Trip 3D and the comedy The Goods: The Don Ready Story. Tarantino's films have never been the biggest box office hits. Kill Bill: Vol. 1 opened on October 10, 2003 and earned $70 million at the box office; Kill Bill: Vol. 2 opened on April 16, 2004 and earned $66.2 million. It's very likely Inglourious Basterds will also have its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in early May as well.

Continue reading: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/31/ing...t-release-date/

QT has never been good at keeping his promises (or I should say, he talks a lot about things he's going to do and gets in way over his head. The guy has too many ideas)

At the very least, I could see a rough cut preimereing.

Morricone did pass on Bastards. I guess it came down to Bastards or Giuseppe Tornatore's BAARIA, whom is has collaborated with several times before.

Noeland, you are a heathen for your comments on Brad. He was awesome in "Snatch" and that was all accent. Also, he did a wonderful job on "12 Monkeys" (voice) and "True Romance" (voice). I personally think he's one of the best actors out there.

Guest AdminGuyX

I think he's really only had a few films where he used an accent to good effect, as opposed to distracting, and off sounding.

Kalifornia, and Snatch might be it. True Romance, and 12 monkeys don't count man. He just did the stoner thing in True Romance, and he was a stoner, so that doesn't count. 12 monkeys is one of my all time favorite films, and he only really just talks fast and shouts a lot.

Troy, Devil's Own, Interview with a Vampire, not shining examples of Brad Pitt using a voice, or cadence of speaking other than his own.

Just my feelings. Not really into the way he's ununciating " . . . owes me won hunnerd naazi scalbs . . . an I wan my scalbs."

Not enough footage to judge much else, some slow motion gunplay looks like.

It's not enough to put me off from wanting to see the flick.

First glimpse of footage is online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDyXDSkGEEs

Not caring for Pitt's accent in this. He's just NOT good at doing accents. Like, at all.

Nobody should ever ask him, or let him, do voices.

I agree with the accent, it's just not that good. Pitt has done some great films, but he should stay away from the accents. You'd think someone would tell him that ;)

I think he's really only had a few films where he used an accent to good effect, as opposed to distracting, and off sounding.

Kalifornia, and Snatch might be it. True Romance, and 12 monkeys don't count man. He just did the stoner thing in True Romance, and he was a stoner, so that doesn't count. 12 monkeys is one of my all time favorite films, and he only really just talks fast and shouts a lot.

Troy, Devil's Own, Interview with a Vampire, not shining examples of Brad Pitt using a voice, or cadence of speaking other than his own.

Just my feelings. Not really into the way he's ununciating " . . . owes me won hunnerd naazi scalbs . . . an I wan my scalbs."

Not enough footage to judge much else, some slow motion gunplay looks like.

It's not enough to put me off from wanting to see the flick.

I will agree that it seemed a bit cheesy, but cheesy in that Tarantino "Kill Bill" kind of way. Intentional like. I didn't think he was bad in "Devil's Own". Not spectacular...but not bad. Also, all three films you reference are not good films ALL AROUND. Entertaining, but nothing truly memorable.

Oh, and let's not forget THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES folks. Pitt deserved an award for that film.

Guest AdminGuyX

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/11990378

Here's the thing. They are sending a group of Jewish guys to go undercover in GERMANY.

What?

Maybe I'm a war history snob (or I am not understanding the premise right) but this idea sounds stupid as hell to me.

Still looking forward to seeing the film though, but honestly, it doesn't compute.

I will agree that it seemed a bit cheesy, but cheesy in that Tarantino "Kill Bill" kind of way. Intentional like. I didn't think he was bad in "Devil's Own". Not spectacular...but not bad. Also, all three films you reference are not good films ALL AROUND. Entertaining, but nothing truly memorable.

Oh, and let's not forget THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES folks. Pitt deserved an award for that film.

Like I said man, just MY feelings. I thought Pitt was OK in devil's own when he was around Irish folks, but once it got time for him to be around Ford, he seemed to struggle badly with getting the accent to sound right.

I haven's seen The Assassination of Jesse James yet, but will soon. It's just hard to watch the same story told over and over again, and I've seen SO MANY movies about Jesse James.

I'd of rather seen this director create a new western.

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/11990378

Here's the thing. They are sending a group of Jewish guys to go undercover in GERMANY.

Actually, it's German occupied France. I'm still not sure on the entire premise of the story, but there have been hints that it's in the same vein of The Dirty Dozen where it's a group of soldiers facing excecution anyway. Not 100% on the last part though.

Guest AdminGuyX

No, you're right, he even says FRANCE in the trailer. Not sure why I thought he said Germany before.

I guess the idea that they're just going to drop into France to kill "natzees" seemed too easy.

:)

Also hadn't noticed the scar on his neck previously.

What's potato-faced Neal Schweiber (Samm Levine) doing in there? Shouldn't he be home playing Atari with Haverchuck? Sorry, I can't take Levine seriously after Freaks and Geeks. Kinda like Curtis "Booger" Armstrong of Nerds.

I'm sure this flick will do well but I can't stand QT. His one note samba was fun the first few times, but I'm bored now. Plus, when I lived in Manhattan, I saw him everywhere with his sycophantic entourage. If he wasn't famous he'd simply be another annoying jerk.

Actually, it's German occupied France. I'm still not sure on the entire premise of the story, but there have been hints that it's in the same vein of The Dirty Dozen where it's a group of soldiers facing excecution anyway. Not 100% on the last part though.

Or the same vain as "Inglorious Bastards"...http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076584/

That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I love Brad Pitt, but the glimpse here reminded me of his work in THE MEXICAN. In other words, over the top.

I remember when this was supposed to be Quentin's ultimate man on a mission flick with Arnold, Sly and Bruce. And Michael Madsen was supposed to be in it too.

The cast on display here looks like a total letdown. Eli Roth was probably the worst actor in DEATH PROOF and his buddy from that scene is in here too. And the kid from FREAKS AND GEEKS. Really?

I love Quentin's work and have high hopes for the flick, but based solely on this first teaser, it looks like a TOTAL disappointment. Hope he proves me wrong.

That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I love Brad Pitt, but the glimpse here reminded me of his work in THE MEXICAN. In other words, over the top.

I remember when this was supposed to be Quentin's ultimate man on a mission flick with Arnold, Sly and Bruce. And Michael Madsen was supposed to be in it too.

The cast on display here looks like a total letdown. Eli Roth was probably the worst actor in DEATH PROOF and his buddy from that scene is in here too. And the kid from FREAKS AND GEEKS. Really?

I love Quentin's work and have high hopes for the flick, but based solely on this first teaser, it looks like a TOTAL disappointment. Hope he proves me wrong.

Shit changes over the years, it went from that ultimate men on a mission flick to what appears to be a jewsploitation revenge flick.

I'm just surprised he's making the damn thing.

I think it looks like it will be good. I've been a fan for a long time now and I still don't care what people say about Death Proof, it was good.

I think it looks like it will be good. I've been a fan for a long time now and I still don't care what people say about Death Proof, it was good.

A-men!

Yeah, Death Proof was fully in the vain of of a '70s exploitation film, right down to only having any real action around the beginning and the end. Because of that I can see why people didn't like it, most people would also probably hate Rolling Thunder.