Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Inglorious Bastards

Comedy is said to be the hardest thing to do for an actor (look at DeNiro comedies), just becasue an actor is only known to do comedy doesn't mean he can't play serious.

Exactly. Look at Robert Downey Jr., the guy can be comedic, serious, vicious, etc. He's an amazing actor. You either have it or you don't and very few can do everything.

JO

I can't believe they signed Myers...

Myers Enlists in 'Bastards'

Guest FADoss

And they used Ted Dansen in "Saving Private Ryan". I couldn't see that either, but it worked perfectly.

There is something about seeing people who you associate with fun inserted into serious tragedy. I think you hurt for them more than someone who is consistently cast as a badass. Might be what he's going for.

Fred

bastardspostersm.jpg

^

I likes!

and to note that I'm totally relieved to hear adam sandler is not going to be in this film *whew!*

If things are really going this fast, maybe we'll see this thing next year as planned. He should get RR on the crew, that guy can crank out three films in a year.

So Quentin Tarantino's multi-tiered WWII epic, "Inglorious Bastards," is up and running and currently shooting in Germany, right? Well, it looks like the last few pieces of casting went under the radar and its looks like the director went back to the well of old pals.

Story continues:

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2008/10/ki...s-added-to.html

First Look At Inglourious Brad Pitt

30142.jpg

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23445

Guest AdminGuyX

I agree. I still like Jackson as an actor very much, even if he is overexposed now days.

Alos agree that QT does have a certain chemistry with him that brings out a different kind of performance from him.

That sounds great. It's funny in a way because a few months back Quentin said that he didn't like the idea of original scores because he didn't want to spend money on music he might not like for the film. His pick of Morricone is not too surprising though considering his use of Ennio's music in the last few films, plus the fact that Morricone is the master. I can't even think of a score that he's done that has been less than spectacular. I'm sure there might be a few, but none come to mind.

Ennio Morricone is going to score Inglorious Basterds. If I didn't have enough of a reason to see this movie.

From my perspective I would cast doubts on Ennio scoring. If you recall he was tauted as scoring Kill Bill but Quentin's requests was such that he simply said no. One of them was that Quentin wanted Ennio to record in LA - you just don't ask that.

Ennio's schedule is such that he plans twelve - eighteen months in advance, and that includes his concerts.

I haven't asked Andrea (and to be frank I wouldn't) but knowing what I know from my working relationship with Sergio Donati and the Morricone's I would be skeptical.

regards

Andrew

Sounds like Quentin's rush to get this film done has caused Joel Silver to put the brakes on his remake of The Dirty Dozen.

Thank God for that.

As for the Morricone thing... damn.

kinda' pissed that Michael Madsen will not be in this pic.

It's not like he has any other film that could be more important to do. I always had such high hopes for the guy, but man has he fallen.

It's not like he has any other film that could be more important to do. I always had such high hopes for the guy, but man has he fallen.

yeah, the his movie schedule at IMDB looks at bit...ugh! IMO, he could have traded in his 10+ straight to video, for a cameo at least.

although it got raped by critics and it flopped, I really REALLY liked Hell Ride. now he's "sick", when he pulls through, i hope he gets his shit together.

From my perspective I would cast doubts on Ennio scoring. If you recall he was tauted as scoring Kill Bill but Quentin's requests was such that he simply said no. One of them was that Quentin wanted Ennio to record in LA - you just don't ask that.

Ennio's schedule is such that he plans twelve - eighteen months in advance, and that includes his concerts.

I haven't asked Andrea (and to be frank I wouldn't) but knowing what I know from my working relationship with Sergio Donati and the Morricone's I would be skeptical.

regards

Andrew

I think you might be right on this. The last interveiw I read, Ennio said that time was a major restraint. If anything, he thought that they might do an opening title and maybe a theme for the rest of the score.