Guest AdminGuyX

HUNG

Is it? What channel?

Its supposed to start showing the end of the month on FX not sure on the exact date.

Guest AdminGuyX

That ad is running in EW this week too, and I laughed my ass off at the ad alone.

Already added the show to the DVR.

The new promos have small clips of Tom talking about his character and the show. Only one more week to go!

Okay, I guess I'm hopeless and hapless too, because I can't find any promos where Tom talks about his character... Is this at the HBO site or somewhere else? Any help is much appreciated. :D

Jen

Here's a very informative interview where Dmitry Lipkin, co-creator of Hung,

explains the depth and motivations of Tom's character, Ray:

"One, will Ray make it as a gigolo... not just financially, but psychologically,

emotionally. Second, will Ray and Tanya stay partners. We cared about them being

together, we followed the ebbs and flows of their relationship."

and

"I think Thomas Jane has a lot of star quality..."

http://complicationsensue.blogspot.com/200...-of-hung.\

html

Jen

My favorite new thing about HUNG - there's a line in it, i'm not gonna tell you which episode - where i actually say the line, "I just want my kids back."

that ones just for the fans. i got a damn good laugh out of that! T

PS - there's a great new review in VARIETY from the other day - anybody got a link to it?

Here you go, Thomas. I saw that review too, and it was great. Very nice.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940545...yid=32&cs=1

I can't wait to see this, btw!

My favorite new thing about HUNG - there's a line in it, i'm not gonna tell you which episode - where i actually say the line, "I just want my kids back."

Lmao!! Love it!

PS - there's a great new review in VARIETY from the other day - anybody got a link to it?

Again Cant Wait Mr. Jane! Very Stocked about this!

I'm on the FB fan site for HUNG and they're rolling out new clips everyday. Yesterday they introduced us to Tanya. Jane Adams is an excellent foil for TJ here. I'm wondering if we'll get to know Tanya's backstory? I ask 'cause I might have a good candidate for

, if she had one.

Can't wait for Sunday!

Here's the link to a shorter, but informative, interview with both creators of Hung, Colette Burson and Dmitry Lipkin.

""The show has a lot to do with the way men and women look at each other," Burson says. "It has a unique tone to it. There really isn't anything in television that has this tone to it. It's complex, it's sexual, it's psychological. It's real ... and yet it's really funny.""

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/t...0JMxIKxIV&D

Jen

HBO airs the pilot episode of Hung this Sunday, June 28 at 10pm EST in USA, and

will then repeat said ep at midnight EST, and again on Tuesday, June 30 at

2:15am EST, Thursday, July 2 at 10pm EST, and Friday, July 3 at midnight EST.

But don't take my word for it - check your local listings for any differences just

to be sure. :)

Hung will also air on other HBO channels, like HBO Signature, West, Latino, and

2. Check your local TV guide for the schedule.

Jen

Already added to the season pass on my DVR (and there's only two other shows that qualify for that on mine- Medium and The Closer) although I'll be moving right in the middle of the season, so I'll probably miss half of the eps, dangit! But I'm definitely on board for the first few eps.

And according to the listings, it's gonna be showing on every HBO channel, practically all day, every day. So it shouldn't be hard to find.

NICE! :P

went to the premiere last night. lotta lotta fun! had a blast. someone show me how to upload pics and i'll send a few your way. i gotta say, people went nuts. if it's any indication how you guys are gonna like the show, well, i can say i thnk you're in for a real treat. i was SO proud of Anne Heshe and Jane Adams. they rock the house. everyone is so damn good in the show. old A Payne knows how to get you slappin your knee. can't wait to hear what you guys think! T

Saw the pics, T. Looked like a blast. I hope the show really takes off for you, and I think it will. It's getting a lot of good buzz, so get ready. :P

There are reviews in almost every one of the weekly entertainment magazines this week, and they're all great. I even saw articles in The Hollywood Reporter and USA Today today, and they're both fantastic. The one in USA Today had a few quotes from cast members and was very complimentary.

One thing I have noticed in most of the reviews is that they all inevitably refer to Anne Heche's character as "shrill". I'm guessing that's a testament to her skill as an actress. Several have commented on the great chemistry between Thomas and Jane Adams as being what really makes the show click.

Oh, Photobucket is great for sharing pics. Just set up an account, upload your pics and then copy the link over here.

The premiere certainly looked liked plenty of fun. ;)

I hope I will be able to watch the show soon on german TV. I wonder if they will give you your regular voice for the dubbing, Tom. That would be Thomas-Nero Wolff, by the way. Good voice and it fits you quite well I think.

For the pictures you could also use Imageshack, you don't even need to register for that. Just click Browse, select the file and start upload ;)

http://imageshack.us/

I'm sure it's going to take some time to be shown on German TV.... <_<

Here's another great review from TV Squad about the show, and a couple of my favorite excerpts from it.

Chemistry wise, Jane and Adams are phenomenal together. The way they play off each other feels real.

Together, they make you laugh, but more importantly, they genuinely make you feel bad for Ray. So much so, that by the end of the fourth episode I screened, I was practically applauding as Ray finally realized how good a gigolo he could be. If rooting for a male prostitute seems like an awkward proposition, all I can say is stick around for the first few episodes and once you get over the hump, you'll be hooked.

And here's an article from EOnline with a few words from Thomas himself at the premiere the other night.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with...ign=rss_kristin

Here's one of the best quotes from that interview.

"HBO is taking care to make sure everybody in the f--king world knows that I'm a big ho. It's typecasting. Actors and prostitutes have a lot in common: Everyone once in a while we have to get up there and fake it."

:lol:

This show is getting buzz up the wazoo. I saw another review in USA Today this morning, though it was only so-so. But the one thing that I have noticed about all of the reviews, even the not so good ones, is that they are all very complimentary of Thomas' performance, and the chemistry between him and Jane Adams.

Makes me even more excited to see this show.

That's it, I'm ordering the dvd right goddamn now.

Hmmm... HUNG with German dubbing? :P

Hmm, good point, I wouldn't watch it anyway.... :rolleyes:

Gotta have the original, as always.