Guest AdminGuyX

HUNG

You think it would be "longer" (okay, bad joke). Not too many shows on HBO are only 1/2 hour. Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the only two that come to mind, but I'm sure there's been others. The one hour format seems to be the format of choice, so I hope that's the route they went.

I agree. I also don't see how they can develop the characters and hit a lot of plot points in a 1/2 hour show. I mean, I guess it can be done, but I would like to be immersed in this show for a whole hour - at least I think so! :lol:

Jen

But it's a sitcom, right? Most sitcoms are usually written for a half-hour, aren't they? As far as character development, how much of that is there really in a sitcom? It's usually more about the situations that the characters are in rather than the characters themselves.

And hopefully, we'll see some nice character development over the course of the show's run. I think that's usually the way it works with sitcoms anyway, isn't it?

Did I read that this was given a 10 episode order, or was it 13 eps?

Weeds is only 1/2 hour, right? Love that show, good character development.

1/2 hour Hung can hang, it'll be awesome.

But it's a sitcom, right? Most sitcoms are usually written for a half-hour, aren't they? As far as character development, how much of that is there really in a sitcom? It's usually more about the situations that the characters are in rather than the characters themselves.

And hopefully, we'll see some nice character development over the course of the show's run. I think that's usually the way it works with sitcoms anyway, isn't it?

Did I read that this was given a 10 episode order, or was it 13 eps?

I've read that it's 10 episodes, or at least that was the plan at the start. Maybe they're flying by the seat of their pants and will change things up. I mean, it seems like they hired Anne Heche pretty late in the game, no? I'm assuming filming has already begun, or will start soon...

I've heard it called a "comedy drama", not a sitcom per se, and I'm sure the tone will be darkly comedic, if that makes sense, and not just outright laughs. Oh, and that's why I'm thinking it'll be more about character than situations, but who knows! :lol:

Jen

I thought I heard that it was being billed as sitcom. Do you know if it's a half hour or an hour? I thought I read that it was a half hour show, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, it does sound like there's some room for some nice character development. Not too sure about Anne Heche. She's one of those actresses that really doesn't do anything for me.

Not that she's not a great actress. I mean how many other actresses have played dual roles and been nominated for, and won, multiple Emmy awards? Granted, that was daytime television where it's a little different, but you gotta give her props for that, even if her movie career smells like a cesspool. I can't really think of a movie that she's been in that I liked, other than Volcano, which I only liked because it had Tommy Lee Jones (who totally rocks everything he's in) and because it had one of my favorite movie tag lines EVER.

The Coast is Toast. :lol:

I never watched her in Men In Trees. I think it was on opposite Medium, and NOTHING comes between me and Medium. :D But I heard a lot of good things about it (mostly from fans, not so much from critics- or was it the other way around?) It'll be interesting for sure to her and Thomas onscreen together. They're both very talented, so it makes for some promising television, I hope.

I'm really looking forward to seeing TJ in this one, because it sounds really good.

But I do hope he doesn't end up in a long running TV series. I think it would be a shame, because he wouldn't get the chance so much to get involved in the projects he's really committted too, the ones he creates himself. He has so many ideas and talents - I want to see him in loads of different things.

Hung was a great choice for him to do - but I hope he'll move on after those 10 episodes....

That's me thinking, after watching Mutant Chronicles again last night. ;)

...and a lil more news..."Eddie Jemison has been made a regular on HBO's upcoming comedy "Hung."...

Additionally, Alanna Ubach has joined "Hung" as a recurring....

On "Hung," Jemison plays Anne Heche's husband, a nerd-turned-successful dermatologist.

In five episodes, Ubach will play an Israeli-American neighbor of the series' main character, Heche's well-endowed ex-husband Ray (Thomas Jane).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...570d3d12fce11cb

Jen

2009 TV Pilots Round-Up article on AOL -

The article goes into "30 buzz-worthy pilots coming soon" and shows them in a

pop-out window slide show with Hung at number 17 on the list.

Here's the link:

http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/04...pilots-roundup/

Jen

Seems there is more film making going on in in Michigan lately, which is great!

Question: You say you film 3 months or so a year on this series. Is all the filming done in

Michigan or just the pilot? what was your impression of Mi.? (and no, I don't live there, I live in Indiana)

This series is definetely the first of its kind on HBO and I think it's going to be

interesting to see where it goes. With all the lonely housewives out there, I have a feeling

it will be popular! I just hope its' done with taste. It's definetely on my "must see" list.

And I was just about to cancel HBO! think i'll keep it awhile.

Thanks for all your hard work Tom.

God Bless

tjrox - I apologize that this isn't Tom answering.

As many of you might have guessed, Tom is very, very busy at the moment working on the new series and wrapping up post on his directorial debut Dark Country. Unfortunatley he hasn't had the opportunity lately to spend time replying to questions on the boards.

Hopefully you don't mind if I field this one.

The entire pilot except for some re-shoots were filmed entirely in Detroit.

Most of the shooting on the subsequent episodes of HUNG are filmed in Los Angeles.

A lot of the exteriors are filmed in Detroit.

Tom was just in Detroit for a week shooting exteriors.

They have to do that from time to time to keep the audience believing that events take place in the Detroit area.

Tom is having a lot of fun working on the show and acting with the cast.

I visited the production a few weeks ago and saw a real happy set under the helm of series creator Alexander Payne.

I was tickled also to see actress Marylouise Burke, who played Paul Giamatti's mother in the film, Sideways.

She's awesome, and she's just like her characters in real life, 'cept smarter ;)

The show will have taste, never you fear. How could it not with Alexander Payne in charge? ;)

Tom sees all of these posts so know that he appreciates the well wishes.

Hopefully he'll get a chance to respond to some questions soon.

- TB

According to FutonCritic.com, Hung will premiere on HBO Sunday, June 28th!! :D

Here's the start of the article; get the rest at the link at bottom of message:

"HBO TO GET "HUNG" ON JUNE 28

By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- HBO will get "Hung" on Sunday nights

beginning June 28.

The newcomer will air at 10:00/9:00c following the second season of "True Blood"

at 9:00/8:00c."

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8066

and other info about Hung at Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=hung

Jen

So looking forward to it!

I know it's all tasty and that, but I hope it will be very naughty and sexy too. :P

Well, I know it will be tasty, since TJ is in it..... :lol: :rolleyes:

Tom informed me that Hung is a half hour show, not including the hour long pilot.

Tom speaks very highly of Anne Heche.

I got to watch them work together and I think the dynamic is pretty great.

I think you'll agree when you get a looksee.

It was nice to see Eddie Jemison too.

Tom and Eddie last worked together in 2004's The Punisher.

Eddie was the guy tortured by popsicle ;)

Nice fella.

by far, aside from Tom, my favorite casting is that of Gregg Henry, so absolutely wonderful in such films as Body Double, Payback, and Slither

- TB

by far, aside from Tom, my favorite casting is that of Gregg Henry, so absolutely wonderful in such films as Body Double, Payback, and Slither

That dude always plays twisted characters. He freaked me out in Body Double. Even though he technically didn't kill that gal with the power drill - I mentally connect the two. shivers...

Now you got me wondering what he and TJ will be up to!

I hope HBO/the cable company will let me order HBO for a few months, and not one of those annoying year-long contracts, because all I want to see is this show! :lol:

Jen

It was nice to see Eddie Jemison too.

Tom and Eddie last worked together in 2004's The Punisher.

Eddie was the guy tortured by popsicle ;)

Nice fella.

Cool. I loved him in The Punisher.

tjrox - I apologize that this isn't Tom answering.

As many of you might have guessed, Tom is very, very busy at the moment working on the new series and wrapping up post on his directorial debut Dark Country. Unfortunatley he hasn't had the opportunity lately to spend time replying to questions on the boards.

Hopefully you don't mind if I field this one.

The entire pilot except for some re-shoots were filmed entirely in Detroit.

Most of the shooting on the subsequent episodes of HUNG are filmed in Los Angeles.

A lot of the exteriors are filmed in Detroit.

Tom was just in Detroit for a week shooting exteriors.

They have to do that from time to time to keep the audience believing that events take place in the Detroit area.

Tom is having a lot of fun working on the show and acting with the cast.

I visited the production a few weeks ago and saw a real happy set under the helm of series creator Alexander Payne.

I was tickled also to see actress Marylouise Burke, who played Paul Giamatti's mother in the film, Sideways.

She's awesome, and she's just like her characters in real life, 'cept smarter ;)

The show will have taste, never you fear. How could it not with Alexander Payne in charge? ;)

Tom sees all of these posts so know that he appreciates the well wishes.

Hopefully he'll get a chance to respond to some questions soon.

- TB

Thanks Tim for answering that, i appreciate it very much! i wish you were on Twitter.com

:)

Well, there's barely anything up at the moment (oh, dear, I didn't really mean

to make that sound the way it did! LOL), but just FYI, here's the HBO main

page:

http://www.hbo.com/

If you look at left section, HBO program, you can click on Hung, which takes you

here:

http://www.hbo.com/events/hung/

If you click on that page, it takes you to the "about" page that gives a short

descriptive paragraph of the premise of TV show:

http://www.hbo.com/events/hung/about.html

Hopefully the site will be fleshed out more in the future - ha ha, yes, I did

mean that one! ;)

Jen

Hehe. that's the most "unintentionally" funny post I've ever read from you Jen.

"But I like it, I like it alot." -Lloyd

Hehe. that's the most "unintentionally" funny post I've ever read from you Jen.

"But I like it, I like it alot." -Lloyd

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO PARKER (THE CROW)??

ACCORDING TO HIS WEBSITE HE PASSED AWAY?

I hope HBO/the cable company will let me order HBO for a few months, and not one of those annoying year-long contracts, because all I want to see is this show! :lol:

Jen

Hi Jen, I had to share.

I have it on HBO now and they just showed the advertising preview of HUNG....you gotta see this....I was rollin! TJ (RAY) is knocking on his first customers door saying "hey sugga".

And he looks mighty fine too! Gotta love the suit. I think this series is gonna fLYYYYYYYY! It's gonna be funny And HOT

Hi Jen, I had to share.

I have it on HBO now and they just showed the advertising preview of HUNG....you gotta see this....I was rollin! TJ (RAY) is knocking on his first customers door saying "hey sugga".

And he looks mighty fine too! Gotta love the suit. I think this series is gonna fLYYYYYYYY! It's gonna be funny And HOT

Oh I want to see that too! :o

Is there any chance of catching that clip online anywhere??

I like the name of the second (or first, after the pilot?) episode, according to imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1404462/

:lol: :lol: :lol: