Guest AdminGuyX

HUNG

I fed him the good stuff!

OK, not true.

He blew off my questions so as not to show favoritism - At least that's what I'm telling myself ;)

RAW got a lot of mentions!

Nice to see you on the chat, RW!

- tb

I missed out too...but I read them answers...he is too flippin' hilarious.

Boy, if he didn't want to answer a Q he went right over them...lol!

I don't blame the poor guy...some Q's were...?!@?

Yes, that was funny how he responded to you TB.

As there were a few mentions of RAW ~ hopefully get some newbies in here...maybe they can introduce themselves. :)

I'm excited about the EP news (and of course the Dark Country GN ;) ). Can't wait for that to pop up.

I've been hoping that with all the cell phone tech out there, someone would have video of Tom at one of his open mike nights.

I fed him the good stuff!

OK, not true.

He blew off my questions so as not to show favoritism - At least that's what I'm telling myself ;)

RAW got a lot of mentions!

Nice to see you on the chat, RW!

- tb

Thanks, TB! I still wish Tom would do a live chat on here. It could be announced well in advance, so a lot of RAW members could participate. Just an idea. ;)

I took the cause of getting HUNG a 4th season to the tweet streets. B)

If you have a Twitter, please sign my petition: http://act.ly/566

In order to sign petition via Twitter, you have to click the “Sign & Tweet” button.

I got Charlie Saxton to sign it. Sweet guy. :)

& keep tweeting #HUNGmustbeRENUDE (yeah, I went there) to @HBO.

It's worth a shot.

All I have to say is HBO is f***ing crazy to cancel HUNG...

They said they didn't have enough viewers

?@;?!? -- horse pucky!!!

I am very sad it has come to an end for everyone.

Not only that, I was so looking forward to two more seasons not just one.

Just know the show will be missed by many viewers.

It was really an excellent series - what a waste!

Not only I am sad for The Hung Crew but I feel horrible for Mr. Jane.

He doesn't seem to get a lucky break.

Here's to more work ahead of you Sir and to you winning a Golden Globe!!!

This is horrible, in so many ways. I dropped HBO tonight. The few reasons left to keep it, I can pick up on DVD later. Or maybe just hit it up on Netflix, less money for HBO that way.

Some of the other programming was pretty damn good, but HUNG, I felt, was the only one that had a connection to the real world. I could see this thing happening, and the way the show was written was pitch perfect. The first two seasons, the show really tapped into what it's like to be broke in these times, and wondering if you will have a job the next morning. With all the pressure, it asks, what would you do given the circumstances. That's why I kept comming back. It was a heavey dose of reality and escapism. Tom starring in it didn't hurt much either ;)

Season 3 set up so many paths for the show to take, I was getting excited about the possibilities. Bastards.

With TJ (hopefully) winning the GG I wonder if this will change thier minds? Its a great written show with a great cast and a bad decission to cancel. Frankly I hated SITC but that kept on going and barley made me smile wheres as Hung hurts my belly through laughing.

Devastating news. I actually believed HUNG had a chance. It’s sad to know it’s over without ending. :( I don't understand how HBO can take away a show that worked in order to make room for shows that may not. It's a dumb move, yet every network does it.

I wanted to see HUNG on the big screen someday, but now that’s highly unlikely (may have been before, too).

And right before the holidays? Really? They couldn’t have made the announcement sooner or later? I was looking forward to seeing an episode directed by Tom; HBO killed that dream of mine.

Thanks to everyone who signed my petition! http://act.ly/566 I wish our efforts to save the show had been successful.

Tom, I wish you the best in pursuing all of your upcoming projects. We’re all here for you, buddy. :)

Devastating news. I actually believed HUNG had a chance. It’s sad to know it’s over without ending. :( I don't understand how HBO can take away a show that worked in order to make room for shows that may not. It's a dumb move, yet every network does it.

I know for a fact that Veep will be a funny show.

There was an article online about HBO's TV decisions and it was called "HBO cancels 3 good shows, and renews one crappy one", or something to that effect... Couldn't agree more as far as Hung is concerned...

I know for a fact that Veep will be a funny show.

Just because a series is funny or well-written doesn’t mean it’ll last, which is a shame. It’s all about ratings, which aren’t even calculated fairly.

HBO always plays repeats of its shows, so they could’ve made room for HUNG in its schedule.

I have a feeling Tom's only joking when he said HUNG's moving to a different network, but it’d be cool if another network really does choose to pick it up. Tom cleverly suggested changing the name to PACKIN’, which has a nice ring to it & fits the show in more ways than one. ;)

Here are my suggestions:

Happiness Consultants

Mr. Satisfaction

Drecker

Lover For Hire

Pleasure Doing Business

Let's say HUNG does find a new home. What else could it be called?

Of course, they could always keep the name HUNG & adapt the series into a play, instead. B)

This is a bit of a travesty - I read an article that tried to make sense of HBO's purge and it cited some (GG?) award noms as the reason they kept the other show - which was just inconsistent crock, since Hung has more noms than any of the four shows mentioned. Phooey. :wacko:

Unfortunately I don't think Tom will take home a GG no matter how wonderful he is at playing Ray Drecker . . .

Seems like winning awards (in most cases) involves a certain amount of hand-licking, and we all know TJ isn't the type of fella to kiss ass.

The nomination is (or should be) enough to tell the suits that what they have is fucking good stuff.

In this case, not enough.

Hung being dropped is not the end of the world, we all know that.

It's very disappointing to the fans of the show, absolutely. I am one of them.

Personally, I can't see the logic of killing a show without some sort of wrap-up.

HBO bushwhacked Deadwood without so much as a by-your-leave so I guess it shouldn't surprise anyone that they could do that to ANY show on their schedule.

Why do I want to spend a fairly sizable chunk of dough to invest in their DVD collections when there isn't ANY type of conclusion, just the show hanging up in the air.

That's truly frustrating.

HBO leads the way with nicely budgeted, quality cable series', but until they can support their own programming to the point of giving the audiences some sort of payoff, I doubt I'll be investing my time with much of their programming in the future. Series' like Deadwood, Hung, etc, deserve better, and so do their fans (you know, the people who PAY for the programming).

- tb

Unfortunately I don't think Tom will take home a GG no matter how wonderful he is at playing Ray Drecker . . .

Seems like winning awards (in most cases) involves a certain amount of hand-licking, and we all know TJ isn't the type of fella to kiss ass.

The nomination is (or should be) enough to tell the suits that what they have is fucking good stuff.

In this case, not enough.

Hung being dropped is not the end of the world, we all know that.

It's very disappointing to the fans of the show, absolutely. I am one of them.

Personally, I can't see the logic of killing a show without some sort of wrap-up.

HBO bushwhacked Deadwood without so much as a by-your-leave so I guess it shouldn't surprise anyone that they could do that to ANY show on their schedule.

Why do I want to spend a fairly sizable chunk of dough to invest in their DVD collections when there isn't ANY type of conclusion, just the show hanging up in the air.

That's truly frustrating.

HBO leads the way with nicely budgeted, quality cable series', but until they can support their own programming to the point of giving the audiences some sort of payoff, I doubt I'll be investing my time with much of their programming in the future. Series' like Deadwood, Hung, etc, deserve better, and so do their fans (you know, the people who PAY for the programming).

- tb

Tru dat, Tim.

To be fair Deadwood was supposed to get like 2 or 3 TV movies to wrap stuff up, but of course shit happens. But for all the shows that have gotten the shaft, there are other good to great TV shows that they've done right by. It's just the business of television.

I thought I WAS being fair ;)

But yeah, still no Deadwood film/s, no Rome film, and no Hung. Just some very good shows that deserved better.

I don't hate HBO, but I do have a sour taste in my mouth. The business of television it may be . . . that doesn't mean I/we have to like it ;)

- tb

Last I heard, the Deadwood films didn't get the go ahead because HBO had the sets torn down before they could get a script. Carnival is another that really dissapointed me by not continuing.

With HUNG, there are so many unanswered questions. The least they could do is give them a heads up, so they can end propor.