Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Rules of Conduct

This is RAW, we don't like rules.

However, without a certain few ground type rules we would have to call ourselves "CHAOS", not RAW.

Check the rules, abide by them, and we call you friend.

Throw caution into the wind and test us and we'll ace you, it's that simple.

1. No multiple memberships, period. This is the classic Troll move. If there is a legit reason let me know. Otherwise, out you go.

2. No personal attacks on the RAW management or other members. Things can get heated, and if it's in the proper spirit it will be allowed, but if you are acting like a Jackass because you can hide behind a screen name, your belligerence will be repaid in kind. Just think about it before you post it.

3. Language - We're all for freedom of speech here, so if an expletive is called for, feel free. But if you get personal, please refer to Rule #2. Trolls will not be tolerated.

If you feel you've been banned unjustly, please post your thoughts as a guest, here in "Site Feedback and Announcements".

See? Simple.

I hope I don't have to add more.

It's wait and see.

Thank you brothers and sisters.

- TB

We try to grant a lot of leeway here.

Sometimes you may think you are getting a RAW deal if you have been singled out.

The Warzone thread especially has been the source of many bent feelings.

We've let an lot pass in the hopes that discussion would win the day but sadly there have been too many personal attacks with no end in sight.

The rope we give you is to be respected but if you cannot handle the responsibility of discussing a topic in a humane manner (most especially after repeated warnings) then it's obvious to us that you cannot play well with others. At this point there is nothing left to do but penalize the repeat offenders, members in long standing or no.

Consider this a final warning. Any further personal attacks will get you suspended.

If after the suspension has been lifted you make the decision to attack someone personally again then your membership privileges are revoked.

Think very seriously about the implications of your response before you post.

Is the person/subject in question worth it?

Feel obliged to disagree all the day long, but physical threats and posturing, belittling someone because of their taste in film or comics (or other), is childish and nonsensical.

It's really very easy to disagree without resorting to grade school maneuvers.

Something I really can't tolerate is the physical threats and challenges (seen also in other threads).

Take someone's comments as a physical challenge at your own risk.

A lot of meaning and intent can be lost easily in a written post, so before you react maybe ask the individual in question to clarify his/her comments.

This is simple stuff people. We would hate to lose any of you over something so avoidable.

Thanks

Trudell

Updated: 10-19-2008

You can read quite clearly in the rules of conduct that we will not allow multiple member ID's for individuals.

Recently I've begun pruning our members searching for people who do not think the rules apply to them. If I haven't made it to you yet and you would like to come forward we'll take that into consideration.

See below for the updated list of member names and their status. We take this very seriously and we thank you for your attention and cooperation.

As always, if you notice people abusing the forum boards in any way please report it to the forum administrators.

James/Praetorian: Abuse of multiple memberships for an individual, and general abuse.

Sveinx, aka Mantooth/Matt45: General inflammatory abuse, abuse of multiple memberships for an individual after ban.

Status: Banned, returned under false member ID, Banned again.

Trudell

James/Praetorian: Abuse of multiple memberships for an individual, and general abuse.

Well, I'm totally bummed. I had no clue. I wondered why James hadn't been around for a while. I liked his contributions to the What are you listening to thread. Can't say I cared much for Praetorian, though. Really, I can't believe they're the same person.

Scratching my head, yet again. :huh:

k-skye (the one and only)

hmmmm...what about those of us who have one computer, but 2 seperate people on the boards? Myself and my 17 year old...Does that come across looking like a multiple user violation?

We know you pretty well Irish so we know better than to think you are sitting at home abusing with two memberships ;)

Trudell, Noeland, and I agreed that no one will be banned without first inquiring about the multiple memberships in question (should we discover more).

If the answer is satisfactory and nothing seems rotten in Denmark then there will be no action taken.

In the case of James - Praetorian, it became apparent to us that the person in question was one and the same.

One of the clues, according to Trudell is that he didn't appear to have a home (consistent) IP. He'd log on from dozens of different locations and many of the IP's corresponded. That's a red flag.

James and I recently had a private disagreement. I respectfully asked him a favor concerning his posting in a certain thread. I went out of my way to be polite and respectful and he replied with anger and insults. I was taken a little aback by the whole thing considering I wasn't presenting him with an ultimatum, I simply asked him a favor.

He blocked me from messaging him and said he was leaving the boards, that he was becoming more and more inclined to leave as of late. Overreaction in my opinion.

Not too long after James left, Praetorian started to show up leaving sardonic and spiteful post replies, namely in the Malone and Mutant Chronicles threads.

The behavior (considering my last contact with him) matched to a tee. Red Flag 2.

Also - James and Praetorian signed up around the same time. Praetorian has been around almost as long as James, so it wasn't like James only recently created this other persona, he's had it practically from day one.

I also want it known that despite James insulting reaction to my mail I never banned him or suspended him. I have no idea what could have triggered his response to me so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left his member status free and clear in the event he wanted to talk to me about it. I never restricted him from continuing to post.

The math was easy. He has my email if he feels he's been wrongly accused.

- TB

cool, thanks TB, I honestly just don't get folks like james/praetorian...seems like there must be something better to do with your time.

I am in shock here; what is the benefit to do multiple memberships in the grand scheme of things? Oh, so if your first one gets banned, you still have a membership here?

I am in shock here; what is the benefit to do multiple memberships in the grand scheme of things? Oh, so if your first one gets banned, you still have a membership here?

dunno - but both James and praetorian have been banned, right Timmy? god luv ya.

We know you pretty well Irish so we know better than to think you are sitting at home abusing with two memberships wink.gif

Trudell, Noeland, and I agreed that no one will be banned without first inquiring about the multiple memberships in question (should we discover more).

If the answer is satisfactory and nothing seems rotten in Denmark then there will be no action taken.

In the case of James - Praetorian, it became apparent to us that the person in question was one and the same.

One of the clues, according to Trudell is that he didn't appear to have a home (consistent) IP. He'd log on from dozens of different locations and many of the IP's corresponded. That's a red flag.

James and I recently had a private disagreement. I respectfully asked him a favor concerning his posting in a certain thread. I went out of my way to be polite and respectful and he replied with anger and insults. I was taken a little aback by the whole thing considering I wasn't presenting him with an ultimatum, I simply asked him a favor.

He blocked me from messaging him and said he was leaving the boards, that he was becoming more and more inclined to leave as of late. Overreaction in my opinion.

Not too long after James left, Praetorian started to show up leaving sardonic and spiteful post replies, namely in the Malone and Mutant Chronicles threads.

The behavior (considering my last contact with him) matched to a tee. Red Flag 2.

Also - James and Praetorian signed up around the same time. Praetorian has been around almost as long as James, so it wasn't like James only recently created this other persona, he's had it practically from day one.

I also want it known that despite James insulting reaction to my mail I never banned him or suspended him. I have no idea what could have triggered his response to me so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left his member status free and clear in the event he wanted to talk to me about it. I never restricted him from continuing to post.

The math was easy. He has my email if he feels he's been wrongly accused.

- TB

I can understand what your saying it's not like you were insulting him you just asked him to do you a simple favor. Sounds like he just lost it. Kind of sad. Also to me rules are rules. B)

I was wondering right now if we have a rule about spoilers? My guess is, spoilers are allowed because we're here to discuss details, plots, incoherences or great moves. At the  same time,  I am grateful Tom did not reveal anything in the news. So I don't want to steal any surprises from anyone. Am I right?

Spoilers are fine just as long as it's high lighted clearly in your post that it contains them. 😁