Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

Guest AdminGuyX

Hey TL, Ya know, I was going to ask you if it was just something you had an eye for. My brother was the same way before he passed. Tom could just tell a persons weight and sometimes what kind of food they ate on a regular basis, just by looking at them. He was always into fitness, the pills, the shakes, the magazines. I learned how to draw the correct musculature on a man and women because of those magazines! Back when I drew superheroes. ;)

Sheesh, the mags I buy every month are Bon Appetite and High Times.

American Handgunner, SWAT Tactics, Digital Filmmaking, and Entertainment Weekly for me!! :) hahahaha.

Hey, GANGLAND was an awesome book. I enjoyed the hell out of that one!! Cool to see it again. I still have those in a box in my office. Now I'm just going to have to dig them out.

GPA - where the fuck did you find that?????

What is that?

Ever see my cover to Gangland #1?

Gangland1.jpg

With trade dress -

Gangland1td.jpg

We actually did an additional half cover which was the door to the left stall.

Had to cover the blood up so we could print it. Hilarious.

My favorite part is what you don't see. The assassin having to get up with his pants around his ankles to retrieve the full roll of TP from the other stall. Incidentally we called this guy "the hard luck hitman". He made an appearance on the TPB in a different scene. Then he showed back up in Punisher Max. At the risk of going way off topic I'll post them next.

- TB

Haha, man, that's fuckin' great Tim. Love that cover.

JO

GPA - where the fuck did you find that?????

What is that?

It's from a long line of ancient webcomics, created by Kevin and Myself

unfortunately they were almost all lost in cyberspace

According to Wikipedia, you're wrong:

Actually, I think TL was referring to the fact that Harrison Ford is in the fourth Indy flick as opposed to being replaced by another actor. He's not talking about the Tom Selleck thing way back when.

I didn't respond to that cause I knew what TL meant and I just wanted to see what would happen lol. It kind of pisses me off though when I mention to somebody that another Indy film is going to be released in May of '08 and then they ask me "Is Harrison Ford gonna be in it?". Good Lord.

Okay off topic but TL, you being into fitness and nutrition as I am myself I have a supplement question for you. While I was working at GNC Muscletech came out with a product called NanoVapor. Ever hear of it? I get many mixed reviews about it. Have you taken this and does it work for you?

Raf

Man alive! I don't read the thread for 24 hours and I have to wade through 2 pages of posts! Lots of interesting (and some not so interesting) stuff to think about.

I appreciated the following viewpoint. It helped me see where a lot of y'all are coming from.

He is a comic book character. The best one ever, but a comic book character nonetheless. He's not real, and that's great, because it allows everyone who reads the book to have their own personal interpretation of him. That's the best thing about Frank Castle, everyone has their own view of who the character is, and these interpretations range from mass murdering psychopath to tortured tragic hero and so on. And because we get such a wide variety of interpretations, he is not a character that remains static. That's the hallmark of a great character that you can take the character and view him through so many different lens and view points, like a real person. Real people are stuck in just one view point. Every one looks at everyone else in their own way and through their own lens. The same goes for the films, all three of them. Each one has their own separate interpretation and spin on Frank Castle, and I think that's great. He's not a character that should be just pigeon-holed into whatever spot you think he is.

Here's my viewpoint. In a comic book you can create a character or a caricature. Once you put a character on film, they've transcended their comic book personna. You've added flesh and movement and voice. He becomes "real."

If they waited another 15 years to make a new Punisher flick, I wouldn't care who was cast in the role, because there would have been plenty of time to seperate them into their own time. Tom replacing Dolph - no big deal.

But I, personally, think it's a drag when a character is recast so close in time. Batman going from Michael Keaton to Val Kilmer to George Clooney and then getting "rebooted" with Christian Bale makes me nauseated. But that's just me.

I'll put the new Punisher flick on my netflix queue. I'm interested to see how it goes. I just get the sick feeling they are trying to copy all the superhero movies of late. Hollywood loves formula. But Frank is not a superhero. Of course, what do I know? I'm content to wait and see.

Well I have used it and I like to experiment with supplements myself. It's a combination of Creatine, N02, and a thermogenic. It has amino acids in it like l-glutamine and then of course for the N02 it has the L-Arginine in it. The thermogenic is the same formula as Hydroxycut Hardcore. In fact lets put it this way, it's Celltech Hardcore, Nano X9, and Hydroxycut Hardcore all together. The ingredients match more or less. The thing is, I LOOOOOVE nitric oxides. Most of them work for me no problem. So far, the Nano X9 by Muscletech has given me the best results. I'm not a real huge fan of Muscletech's products though. It's just that the L-Arginine levels are pretty high in the Nano X9 and it just gave me such a great fuckin pump, that you could literally see the difference in me while I was working out. I wish I woulda taken some before and after pics. I wanted to get my hands on NO Shotgun but when I worked at GNC, we never carried it. In fact, they never will where I'm at. I can get it elsewhere but I'm low on supplemental budgets. You said you don't like creatine cause it makes your face look a bit on the puffy side and doesn't do much on the weights.....The first creatine I took was Celltech. It was straight up creatine monohydrate. Man I never felt sooo fuckin bloaded in my life. Then I gave a shot to Creatine D2T. That had about 4 different kinds of creatine in it. I liked it. Then I gave the NanoVapor a shot. It worked well too. It kinds of keeps your body in check. It doesn't let you get bloaded, it gives a good pump, and it gets me sweating. Of course everyones body is different though.

I'm not just saying this cause I'm one of Frank's biggest fans, but I thought the Punisher game was one of the best games I've ever played. It was fun and very true to the comic book. The music was fuckin fantastic. I always thought that maybe they could get Sonic Fuel (the game's composers) to score the movie. The theme was perfect for the Punisher.

I really loved the game too... and I've been hoping for a follow-up of the game. Bigger levels, guns, blood, guts, the works. The story in the game was alright... I was hoping for something more MAX-esque than the MK/MAX stuff they put in, but it was still great. I still chuckle from time to time when I remember throwing Ma Gnucci into the window. Or throwing Bullseye out of a window. Or throwing Jigsaw out of a helicopter.

Jeez... you know that Frank throws a lot of people around?

I hope the film is as violent as the game was... you know it was rated AO and they were forced to tone it down? That sucks, but it woulda been cool to see the stuff uncensored.

My only problem was that Bradstreet didn't do the cover for the Punisher game... I didn't really like the CG render on the cover.

But it was a topnotch shooter. Great in all respects... what would the second game be like you think? Next-gen systems and so on.

I really loved the game too... and I've been hoping for a follow-up of the game. Bigger levels, guns, blood, guts, the works. The story in the game was alright... I was hoping for something more MAX-esque than the MK/MAX stuff they put in, but it was still great. I still chuckle from time to time when I remember throwing Ma Gnucci into the window. Or throwing Bullseye out of a window. Or throwing Jigsaw out of a helicopter.

Jeez... you know that Frank throws a lot of people around?

I hope the film is as violent as the game was... you know it was rated AO and they were forced to tone it down? That sucks, but it woulda been cool to see the stuff uncensored.

My only problem was that Bradstreet didn't do the cover for the Punisher game... I didn't really like the CG render on the cover.

But it was a topnotch shooter. Great in all respects... what would the second game be like you think? Next-gen systems and so on.

It would be like the most badass game you would ever have played.

But What I would like to see is that you have free control, and free will to do what you want.

By now they have technolgy enough for the people in the game to have free will themselves. So all the game makers have to do is put that free will to the civilian population, making them bad or just normal.

So you can be the punisher walking down the street and all of a sudden your in a gunfight with some gang members. Or you can pick up information from interigating people about things like where are certain drug deals are going to take place or any other illigal crap... and the game will have a clock so it will change from day to night. Also if they ad a feature when you need to eat food or you'll go hungry, and you'll need to workout to get stronger or maintain your body (the many sides you don't get to see much of the punisher)

Plus the game will have a storyline of course, which you can follow anytime, and it will blend in with what you do so it doesn't feel like something set.

Then you can get upgrades on your arsenal and armor or anything from cetain sources.

You can pick places where ever in the game as your base. So like if theres a raid on your place by gangsters if they find out where you live and your place is all teared up, you can just move, cuz once they find you, they will keep coming.

Cars and motorcycles are drivable, or anything else.. you can pick up anything and use it as a weapon.

There'l be mini storys, sidequests blah blah blah, other than finding the things on your own.

Now if they made a game like that.... that would be.... .. so frikin awesome.

If they made the characters so smart in the game that you have to keep thinking on what you need to do, it would feel like your the punisher.

Now that would be a game....

Guest FADoss

Or you could just join the Army...

:D

Seriously, that would be WAY too much work for a video game. When I have a controller in my hands, I just want to kill shit.

Or you could just join the Army...

:D

Seriously, that would be WAY too much work for a video game. When I have a controller in my hands, I just want to kill shit.

lmao true true.

But if they put a lot of work in the game, and make it as entertaining as not stop action killing, it would be pretty cool.

Jason, the idea of a GTA style Punisher game has crossed my mind several times. Rockstar could create the ULTIMATE virtual Punisher adventure or in true GTA fashion - multiple adventures. You oughtta check out Rockstar's BULLY. Its my all-time favorite game, brings back memories of middle school and early high school. Its right on cue for you.

-TL

yup, I own it lol. that game owns.

I just wanted to explain it out instead of saying GTA fashion cuz some people might not know what it is.

Also Elder Scrolls Oblivion has the thinking cpu's. would be great.

Rockstar is releasing BULLY II very soon. I read about it on Wizard magazine earlier this month. I am fucking thrilled!!!

-TL

Hmm sounds awesome. What is this one gonna be bout?

Jimmy took over Bulworth in Part I, Part II has an older Jimmy fighting to regain control and facing a new nemesis that wants to reign the playgrounds and hallways.

-TL