Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher: WarZone

I loved the Score!! I was going to wait for Michael to put it up on Itunes but I might just cave in and buy it from Amazon. Does anyone know if it will be available in stores?

Guest AdminGuyX

That music would have been perfect over the recruiting sequence in the film, especially when Jigsaw is highstepping down the street. I was half expecting the bums to break into a dance routine around him.

That music would have been perfect over the recruiting sequence in the film, especially when Jigsaw is highstepping down the street. I was half expecting the bums to break into a dance routine around him.

LMAO Music Man style!

God, that part was horrible! It will always be seared into my mind :lol:

*sigh*

still haven't seen it...and by the look-see of things, ain't gonna for wee while now.

Not sure how reliable the stats are at IMDB, but am reasonably confident that these numbers are pretty close -

Weekend Gross

$1,383,898 (USA) (14 December 2008) (2,508 Screens)

$4,271,451 (USA) (7 December 2008) (2,508 Screens)

Total - $7,011,427

And no listing for anything the week of December 21.

Looks like it's now been yanked from any kind of wide distribution.

Here are some other release dates. Again, I'm not sure how reliable this is -

Egypt 17 December 2008

Iceland 16 January 2009

Germany 5 February 2009

Singapore 5 February 2009

Sweden 6 March 2009

Italy 3 April 2009

If the box office numbers are close to accurate that pretty much means that Warzone didn't recoup even a third of it's estimated $22,000,000 budget.

Which is even worse news if you consider that according to reliable sources the budget was actually more like $30,000,000.

Expect to see it on DVD very soon.

Unless a miracle happens, don't expect to see a new Punisher film in the near future.

- tb

Not sure how reliable the stats are at IMDB, but am reasonably confident that these numbers are pretty close -

Weekend Gross

$1,383,898 (USA) (14 December 2008) (2,508 Screens)

$4,271,451 (USA) (7 December 2008) (2,508 Screens)

Total - $7,011,427

And no listing for anything the week of December 21.

Looks like it's now been yanked from any kind of wide distribution.

Here are some other release dates. Again, I'm not sure how reliable this is -

Egypt 17 December 2008

Iceland 16 January 2009

Germany 5 February 2009

Singapore 5 February 2009

Sweden 6 March 2009

Italy 3 April 2009

If the box office numbers are close to accurate that pretty much means that Warzone didn't recoup even a third of it's estimated $22,000,000 budget.

Which is even worse news if you consider that according to reliable sources the budget was actually more like $30,000,000.

Expect to see it on DVD very soon.

Unless a miracle happens, don't expect to see a new Punisher film in the near future.

- tb

I think those numbers are essentially correct. And it's very likely, because of the film's poor performance at the box office here in North America, that it will not see a theatrical release in many of the countries listed. Sony pulled the theatrical release in Australia and now says it will be out there on DVD in August, 2009. :(

Nomad

Yes, this is the end of the punisher movie franchise, at least for a while. I can't see another one coming out for AT LEAST eight years or so. There is a possibility for straight to dvd sequel's, but I can't see them bothering with that, and would we even want them like that?

It will, the 2004 one still needs a good one though.

Also, I think this is how they should have went with the Punisher's look in the movie. The collar really was pointless, plus this way he could have worn a trench coat.

punisher4kh5.png

Just saw TAKEN and enjoyed it. Would love to see Luc Besson make a real PUNISHER movie. Don't know that he would be interested in a three time loser of a franchise, but I can dream. I don't care who he casts in the role, a Luc Besson PUNISHER movie would be amazing. I would of course want him to direct, but even if he wrote and produced it, which is his M.O. these days, it would be head and shoulders above what we've seen.

TAKEN is an actual entertaining movie made by talented filmmakers. PWZ is a joke and a waste of the talent involved. THE SPIRIT has already outgrossed it. How pathetic is that?

So I take it Taken is War Zone: Punisher's Man on Fire?

TAKEN is an actual entertaining movie made by talented filmmakers. PWZ is a joke and a waste of the talent involved. THE SPIRIT has already outgrossed it. How pathetic is that?

Yeah, that's not good.

But I think what Mike is alluding to is that many, including TJ and I have mentioned before that Man On Fire could have made a great Punisher film (aside from the crazy T. Scott signature editing style). Just swap out Denzel's character for Frank Castle, change a bit of the story so it fits in with the Punisher's world and BANG. You got a pretty damn nice Punisher film.

As for the plot of Taken, obviously this is a father attempting to seek out, locate, and extract his own daughter from the clutches of some very bad men, killing lots of scummy fucks along the way. Make it a Punisher rescue mission film and it's not far from being excellent Punisher material, especially with the way the action is directed.

So yes Mike, It's pretty close.

- TB

But I think what Mike is alluding to is that many, including TJ and I have mentioned before that Man On Fire could have made a great Punisher film (aside from the crazy T. Scott signature editing style). Just swap out Denzel's character for Frank Castle, change a bit of the story so it fits in with the Punisher's world and BANG. You got a pretty damn nice Punisher film.

- TB

You don't need to swap out Denzel, it could take place during the period Frank was a black man.

You don't need to swap out Denzel, it could take place during the period Frank was a black man.

They could get Robert Downey Jr. to portray the black Frank Castle! Now THAT'S genius.

They could get Robert Downey Jr. to portray the black Frank Castle! Now THAT'S genius.

I'm just a dude, disguised as a dude who's PUNISHING another dude.

LOL -

Robert Downey Jr. as Richard Roundtree, portraying Frank Castle . . . That just might get a green light ;)

- TB

I'm just a dude, disguised as a dude who's PUNISHING another dude.

LOL -

Robert Downey Jr. as Richard Roundtree, portraying Frank Castle . . . That just might get a green light ;)

- TB

Ah, I've had my LOL for the day! :lol: If someone could photoshop some pics of RDJ from Tropic Thunder with some pics from The Punisher, I could die a happy man.