Tiara

Shock Festival

Nice work Allcock!

Not sure where Stephen is using that stuff. Found that in the Romano interview at CP's.

Never knew you did extra's, the fucking glory hog ;)

All - Please let us know what you thought of Shock Festival after you've had a chance to digest!!

- TB

Really cannot wait to see this. My copy is on the way! Supergroovy interview with Steve Romano, thanks for posting that Tim!

Trudell

I sent out that ad that Dave did as part of an extended press kit to some mags, and I guess that's how they got a hold of it. Dave, your copy is on the way soon!

STEPHEN

I sent out that ad that Dave did as part of an extended press kit to some mags, and I guess that's how they got a hold of it. Dave, your copy is on the way soon!

STEPHEN

nice one brother

Sorry I missed you in Austin! I was at the Austin film fest seeing a friend's film. Would like to have been there at the Draft House with you Stephen

I have to say, after going through this book in a day, it has to be one of the most welcome additions to my library. As a work of fiction it's incredible. For a fan of exploitation/horror/sci-fi fare from 1970 - 1987 it's truly a love letter to the films. I think that the characters created in the book, while what we see is just a piece of them, are characters that are fun to follow. Between Ustinov, Chance, Benson, and Swann, along with Darby Silver, I found myself to thoroughly enjoy some of the stories that were being told here.

The artwork in the book is amazing. There are several posters I saw that I would LOVE to have copies of (Little Sister's Faceless Nightmare and Damnation High are two of my favorites). I also think that with how the book is peppered with some of the movie scenes, stories, or endings within really made this seem real. I think that there are movies talked about in this book that should they have been made, would definitely be welcome in movie collections of fans. In fact, there are several movies in this book that are just SCREAMING to be made now.

I have to say, everyone involved really outdid themselves. I was hooked on the idea of this book since I caught a headline of it on the Fangoria site back in May, and that's when I pre-ordered it. So all the time I waited for this book was well worth it.

My hat's off to everyone involved in this project, and for what it's worth, it really helped make me think more about writing/making my own films (which is what I'm currently working on my degree for). Truly, as a fan, I thank you for this book.

AWESOME Kidcage, sounds like you are in tune and get it!

Fantastic. I fully expect you to share the love with your friends of like minds.

Thanks for the compliments. Stephen definitely outdid himself.

Also - Stand by for more interview stuff with Tom Jane and myself on Chuck P's The Cult.

We should have a link sometime in the next week.

If any of you come across any other reviews be sure to let us know by providing a link.

Much obliged!

- TB

Oh, you bet. I've already told a friend of mine about it and he seemed psyched to order it as well, so spreading the good word won't be hard to do at all.

Guest AdminGuyX

Got mine today.

Just fantastic.

It's an astounding publication all around. An absolute home run for me. I haven't read it yet, since I just got home, but will this weekend. I flipped through it . . . well, I took half an hour standing in the kitchen with my damn coat on to flip through it with a big dumb grin on my face.

I don't even know where to start with how much I already love it, so I'll save it until I can do a better review.

GREAT WORK!!!!

I have to say, after going through this book in a day, it has to be one of the most welcome additions to my library.

My hat's off to everyone involved in this project, and for what it's worth, it really helped make me think more about writing/making my own films (which is what I'm currently working on my degree for). Truly, as a fan, I thank you for this book.

As the creator, I thank you for reading it! I'm really happy you like it, and that it's an inspiration to your own filmmaking. be sure to let me know when you have you next project going---I'll do your poster cheap!

STEPHEN

Shock Festival interview with me and Jane is up now over at Chuck Palahniuk's website, The Cult.

Hope you diggit.

Clickit ----------> Shock Festival Interview with Tom Jane and Tim Bradstreet at The Cult

Also, reposting Romano's interview at the Cult - - - > Grinding Out A Riot Act

Here's one of the posters I did, with art direction by Romano -

thomas-jane-tim-bradstreet7sml.jpg

- TB

Shock Festival interview with me and Jane is up now over at Chuck Palahniuk's website, The Cult.

Hope you diggit.

Clickit ----------> Shock Festival Interview with Tom Jane and Tim Bradstreet at The Cult

Also, reposting Romano's interview at the Cult - - - > Grinding Out A Riot Act

Here's one of the posters I did, with art direction by Romano -

- TB

Looks like Nathan Oblivion could give good 'ol Max a run for his money ;)

BCbooks.gif

Written by Fantasma el Rey

The Masked Movie Snobs

Published December 02, 2008

B-movie nut/screenwriter Stephen Romano has put together a nifty 356-page color book salute to “101 of the strangest, sleaziest, most outrageous movies you’ve never seen” of the late 1960s, ‘70s and ‘80s from an alternative universe. He along with comic artist/film designer Tim Bradstreet (Hellblazer) and film actor/director Thomas Jane provide good back stories, interviews, and excellent poster art. Drawing it all together to bring forth and create interest in films possibly lost to the sands of time or known only to cult fanatics and monster-tattooed freaks. And that’s only one story contained within these horror-filled pages of wonder and dread.

Continue reading:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/12/02/020416.php

- TB

"Nathan Oblivion" - that name is just too funny... :lol: Hmmm, and how does one blow ones eyes out of one's mind?... I'll have to think about that one... ;)

Jen

"Nathan Oblivion" - that name is just too funny... :lol: Hmmm, and how does one blow ones eyes out of one's mind?... I'll have to think about that one... ;)

Jen

Simple. You just point and shoot.

STEPHEN

Guest AdminGuyX

I haven't finished reading my copy yet. It's a ton of content! And I've been building pulse rifles for folks too, so . . .

I will say I wasn't expecting the book to be broken down the way it is, but it makes perfect sense and works really well.

:)

I love this, "In a world that was about to explode, he came back. TO GO BEYOND."

And I love the name "Elliot Swann" and "his career" as described in the Palahniuk site interview.

The whole concept guys, fun, cool, genius. B)

I haven't finished reading my copy yet. It's a ton of content! And I've been building pulse rifles for folks too, so . . .

I will say I wasn't expecting the book to be broken down the way it is, but it makes perfect sense and works really well.

:)

No pressure Noeland :) I was . . . just saying . .

And thanks Jayesse8!!!!

- TB