Tiara

Shock Festival

Ohio.

Williamsburgland is a reference to the hilarious band

You son of a bitch.

My Uncle lives there and he's got a chick farm.

When I say "chick" farm, I mean women.

The man's got 5 daughters. Five.

That's right.

Every 3 years he gets his [poor] wife pregnant.

The fucker thinks this is 1887 and won't allow himself to experience the confined and depressing feel of a Trojan Condom.

Don't even think he knows they exist.

-TL

Sorry about that.

I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on this fucker.

Oh, and Allcock!

The cover turned out FANTASTIC!!!!

Stephen is electrified, and that's saying something ;)

- TB

The vile competitor from the Island of Anabolic speaks...

-TL

Island of Anabolic?

Hulk say, what this mean?

- TB

Island of Anabolic?

Hulk say, what this mean?

- TB

I heard a rumor that you and Carol Burnett were developing and starring in a TV pilot for CBS.

Is it true? And is Robert Goulet still directing it?

-TL

*I almost died [of laughter] writing this.

Goulet had just signed on to direct when he fell ill and ultimately passed away.

The project had been languishing until recently. We're currently in talks with Harry Belafonte and it's looking pretty good.

Burnett has since dropped out (scheduling conflict) and we've brought in Eydie Gormé to replace.

Eydie's husband Steve Lawrence has already booked the cast and crew into the Palace Hotel, Rt 16, north of Chicago on Lake Wazzapamani, where we're filming the Island sequences.

- TB

Oh, and Allcock!

The cover turned out FANTASTIC!!!!

Stephen is electrified, and that's saying something ;)

- TB

excellent. i looked at chris ryall's blog........it looks fantatsic in the photos. It was a blast to work on and I'm glad it turned out so well.

Goulet had just signed on to direct when he fell ill and ultimately passed away.

The project had been languishing until recently. We're currently in talks with Harry Belafonte and it's looking pretty good.

Burnett has since dropped out (scheduling conflict) and we've brought in Eydie Gormé to replace.

Eydie's husband Steve Lawrence has already booked the cast and crew into the Palace Hotel, Rt 16, north of Chicago on Lake Wazzapamani, where we're filming the Island sequences.

- TB

Goulet's dead? No shit?

At least you guys got Belafonte.

I heard he only accepts on-set catering from Arby's.

*The Alamo Drafthouse screened The Monster Squad back in '06.

Fred Dekker and the rest of the cast (except for Horace who died) presented the film to some really excited monster fans.

I did all I could, borrowed cash, pawned shit, moved continents...

Never made it man.

-TL

Guest FADoss
Also, this just in -

Romano unveils Shock Festival at the Alamo Drafthouse in downtown Austin Texas on Tuesday, October 21.

Stephen Romanos Shock Festival: STARCRASH - This show is a part of the Alamo Drafthouse Celebrity Guests Signature Series

Event begins at 9:45pm. Hit the link for more details.

Stephen will have advance copies of Shock Festival on hand for sale to the public, supplies are limited.

The fucker will be talking up the book (without me), showing some crazy trailers, and then delighting all in attendance with a gorgeous widescreen 35mm Dolby Stereo print of the film that inspired him to create Shock Festival - The awesome outer space drive-in classic of the seventies: STARCRASH!

Folks in the Austin area (Fred), don't you dare miss it!

- TB

Placing it on my calendar!

However, my life is pretty much chaos right now, so I may or may not make it. The plant I work at is shutting down. I still haven't managed to sell my second house in New Mexico. I may have to relocate with the company I'm with to Indiana or Washington state or face the horror that is the Austin job market. That mixed with a second kid on the way is making things pretty bleak.

Hope I get to attend though...something may break for the better soon.

Fred

Guest FADoss

Hey...didn't mean to depress the shit out of anyone or throw a pity party. Please continue discussions!

Fred

Hope you can make it Fred.

Here is a breakdown of Alamo events from Stephen's own fingertips, as well as news of a signing at Austin Books on the 25th, PLUS MORE!

------------------------------------------------------------------

TUESDAY 21st---Grand Opening At The Alamo, with rare screening of STARCRASH, MINT 35 SCOPE PRINT IN DOLBY STEREO, and many trailers, plus onstage intro by Stephen and the Cast Of SHOCK FESTIVAL. 'CRASH is one of the most amazing STAR WARS rip-off exploitation films ever made, with DAVID HASSLEHOFF, music by JOHN BARRY and about a MILLION amazing "tell all your friends" moments of pure, unadulerated FUN! Ftrom LEWIS COATES, the man who brought you the equally astonishing HERCULES and HERCULES II starring LOU FERRIGNO!!!!

SATURDAY 25th--big release party at AUSTIN BOOKS, with cast signing and FREE BEER!!!!

PLUS!!!! Those of you who come in from out of town, be advised, you can also catch Brian Deplama's DRESSED TO KILL on the 22rd at a special midnight Alamo screening . . . AND . . . Roger Corman's SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE on the 23rd . . . two of the GREATEST, FUNNIEST, MOST AMAZING HORROR FILMS EVER MADE, and you get to DRINK BEER IN THIS THEATER WHILE YOU WATCH THEM!!!! So come for the goddamn week and stay awhile. AUSTIN IS THE PLACE TO GO. REALLY IT FUCKING IS.

. . . and next week, they're showing THE BOOGENS. Just sayin.

STEPHEN

---------------------------------------------------------------

*The Alamo Drafthouse screened The Monster Squad back in '06.

Fred Dekker and the rest of the cast (except for Horace who died) presented the film to some really excited monster fans.

I did all I could, borrowed cash, pawned shit, moved continents...

Never made it man.

-TL

As serendipity would have it, Alamo is screening Monster Squad on Saturday, October 18 for one of their Pancake Theater Screenings.

This is at the Alamo Westlake in San Antonio - Details here.

A helluva drive to be sure and yet pancakes and a fun movie somehow seem worth it.

Don't forget the Log Cabin.

- TB

As serendipity would have it, Alamo is screening Monster Squad on Saturday, October 18 for one of their Pancake Theater Screenings.

This is at the Alamo Westlake in San Antonio - Details here.

A helluva drive to be sure and yet pancakes and a fun movie somehow seem worth it.

Don't forget the Log Cabin.

- TB

Why is it that money always gets in the way of everything?

-TL

Here is a wonderful 2-part interview with Stephen Romano where he talks with Comics 101 scribe Joshua Jabcuga about all things Shock Festival and beyond.

Dig it.

Part 1

Part 2

Stay tuned for more good stuff from Shock Festival's promo train as we cover the Austin Chronicle this month, interviews with Stephen, myself, and maybe even that Tom Jane guy.

- TB

Great write up for Shock Festival in the Austin Chronicle, one of the most revered entertainment periodicals in the country.

And we got the cover too!

Cover Story -> Shock and Awesomeness

Also an interview with yours truly -> The Art of Schlock

Stephen also tells me we were spotlighted in Fangoria this month. If anyone has a copy could you make a scan ad post the goodness?

Be sure to check out that cover story, Austin Chronicle beat writer MARC SAVLOV puts this book squarely into perspective.

Books should be on the racks this week.

- TB

BRAVO!

Shock Festival Press Release at CBR -

"SHOCK FESTIVAL" HITS BOOKSTORES OCTOBER 25!

Guest AdminGuyX

I'll see about getting a copy of fangoria this weekend, and scanning it in.

Looking forward to having SHOCK FESTIVAL in hand soon!!

No worries Noeland -

Dave Allcock has checked in with a lovely big scan of the FANGO article in question.

Thanks a lot Dave!

Here's a look, big enough to click to enlarge and read comfortably.

SFFANGOarticle_Oct2008.jpg

- TB

HA HA! I like the Christopher Guest movie suggestion.

Congratulations Tim- this looks really great!

Perhaps we may see a podcast with this Romano-guy somewhere down the line? Seems like a real interesting character with lots of creative energy...

Shock Festival is front page news at Film Threat!

More coverage and more revealed, check it --> Sleaze Parade - Interview with Shock Festival author Stephen Romano at Film Threat

-Gunplanet - LOVE your new avatar!

- TB

Link worked for me. Maybe it was down for a bit but it's back up now.

Anyone else have difficulty?

- TB