Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country

Well, the look of the film looks amazing... The voice over guy should quit his job.

Looking good! I love the use of the accustic guitar, but the look, my God man! It's been a long wait to see this, but well worth it. I'm deffinatly feeling the vibes from Detour. The only thing to make looking any better is to see this along with Malone at a drive in.

A trailer is a trailer, but really looking forward to this now. I get a Wild At Heart vibe. But I guess seeing a couple driving in the desert will do that to me.

The only thing to make looking any better is to see this along with Malone at a drive in.

That would ROCK!!

Hopefully it gets a somewhat decent limited run, if by chance it does play in my neck of the woods, it'll most likely not be in 3D.

Hopefully it gets a somewhat decent limited run, if by chance it does play in my neck of the woods, it'll most likely not be in 3D.

I read DVD only and in 2D :-(

3rd September DVD release.

Hmm, I could have sworn that when we shot it it was meant to go almost monochrome after the accident.......

I'm surprised - so no cinema release then??

Not that I would have been able to see it round here anyway.

Well, I'm looking forward to a quick DVD release, hopefully with plenty of extras!

I read DVD only and in 2D :-(

3rd September DVD release.

Hmm, I could have sworn that when we shot it it was meant to go almost monochrome after the accident.......

I mentioned the September release date to Tom and he said that was erroneous, that it is in fact October.

Wouldn't be the first time someone jumped the gun.

Geoff, not sure about monochrome, I think either Sony put the kibosh on that or Tom may have changed his mind.

Honestly, the print I saw last week was so fucking dark (also ghosting issues, etc . . .) that I couldn't give an honest appraisal.

The print they struck was lousy. Apparently no one supervised the transfer (or whatever the film nomenclature is).

Blacks were grey, at least a stop under exposed . . . I thought Tom was going to have a heart attack.

It's really been great having so much support from the studio ;)

It still needs a little work.

Tab Murphy loved it.

Frank Darabont loved it.

I reserve my final judgement for when it gets the rest of the love it deserves.

- tb

Guest AdminGuyX

I can't view the trailer, a message pops up for me that says it's been removed.

Hmmm - I've been mulling this one over. I'm really excited that a date has been announced and that there is "studio support". But to be blunt, I'm sad. And a tad pissed, really.

As a fan, I should be grateful that this is even going to print, right? And I know that LA is just like DC, that compromises rule and everyone's vision is eventually negotiated down to some lowest common denominator. So you never end up w/ what you started with. I realize this.

But I can't help but think we're all getting shafted here. The artists & technicians who busted their asses on this film and the fans who won't see it the way its supposed to be.

So what we'll do is rent/buy Dark Country when it comes out, like the dutiful fans that we are, thereby allowing the studio to recoup it's investment. But, in effect, we the fans are perpetuating the studio's belief that the film wasn't worth more b/c we we'll be happy w/ what we get. Furthermore there's no recourse b/c we have no effective mechanism to demand the original vision/version.

We're screwed no matter what we do. But most of all, Tom, Tim, Geoff, Allcock and all the other creative talents behind this are getting fraked over. Y'all deserve so much more.

I've probably breached H'wood ettiquette or I'm plain ignorant, or both. But I just can't see how anyone has won with this one.

Wow. Over the past week I listened to the entire library of DOF podcasts. Essentially 2 years condensed into several hours. Hearing the excitement of TJ over the 3D process and listening to everyone working on the project going on and on about the cutting edge 3D work... it's not just a tremendous let-down to hear it's likely to be a DVD release. But my heart breaks for everyone involved. All that enthusiasm and excitement. Y'all must be crushed.

I can't view the trailer, a message pops up for me that says it's been removed.

I think Jane had it taken down, the guys at FSR are pals and Tom had no idea that trailer existed.

He was appalled at the results and is having a new trailer cut by one of our very good friends.

Stay tuned, should have something worthy to show off in the next week.

As for the fate of Dark Country, the jury's still out. We have interested parties checking in and they may yet pull it away from the current studio where it would be in the hands of people who support it more thoroughly. It's not over yet. We're still fighting like hell to support the film.

- TB

So it sounds like another great project is getting screwed over by the Hollywood machine. That sucks majorly. :angry:

So if FSR got the release date wrong, does that mean they also got the part wrong about the movie being made in 3-D? According to them, it's only coming in 2-D.

Looking forward to some news on a possible theatrical release, guys. I'd hate to see this get shoved on a shelf or rushed to DVD without a proper release.

If you do get a theatrical, try to get it to the Boston area, okay. ;)

That's kind of a backhanded thing for the studio to do considering everything Jane has done to get this thing going, not to mention that he's the star and director. Still, it was nice to see something from DC. Can't wait to see the Jane approved version.

So it sounds like another great project is getting screwed over by the Hollywood machine. That sucks majorly. :angry:

So if FSR got the release date wrong, does that mean they also got the part wrong about the movie being made in 3-D? According to them, it's only coming in 2-D.

Looking forward to some news on a possible theatrical release, guys. I'd hate to see this get shoved on a shelf or rushed to DVD without a proper release.

If you do get a theatrical, try to get it to the Boston area, okay. ;)

Well c'mon, FSR (God bless them every one, seriously!) also reported in a story that I had production designed Give 'Em Hell Malone! And we all know that just isn't true. So erroneous or mis-reported information is the one constant you can count on when it comes to internet news/rumor ;)

We'll attempt to feed you some reliable intel as soon as we can confirm.

- TB

As for the fate of Dark Country, the jury's still out. We have interested parties checking in and they may yet pull it away from the current studio where it would be in the hands of people who support it more thoroughly. It's not over yet. We're still fighting like hell to support the film.

- TB

As I said in my earlier post, y'all deserve so much more. So I'm glad to hear there's still some fighting spirit left. If there's anything we on the boards can do, let us know.

I think Jane had it taken down, the guys at FSR are pals and Tom had no idea that trailer existed.

He was appalled at the results and is having a new trailer cut by one of our very good friends.

Stay tuned, should have something worthy to show off in the next week.

- TB

Is that same trailer here?

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/07/...sh-DARK-COUNTRY

Or here?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32728/dar...er-and-dvd-news

Yes, and unfortunately Sony seems like they don't want any poster designs from me and Tom.

Even if I did them for no cost (out of Tom's pocket) to them.

It would be very easy to make this happen and have some tremendous graphics representing the film.

Instead they seem content to slap some generic (no offense to the designer, I'm sure he/she was directed to the results) straight to video looking imagery on there and call it a day. But it kind of makes sense in some obtuse way since the plan IS to dump it straight to vid.

But EVEN SO . . . for no expense of their own they could have graphics that would leap off the cover and induce people to pick it up and at least look at it.

I'll let that sink in.

You do the math.

- TB

Why the fuck... would anyone, ANYONE, pass up a free design by Bradstreet?

That's like telling Nolan Ryan to shove a signed baseball up his ass.

Don't they want to make money?

Worse case scenario, one of us should make up a custom dvd cover if the dvd has a crappy photoshopped heads look to it.

These big cooperations are just useless!

Seems like they can't handle proper creativity.

Worse case scenario, one of us should make up a custom dvd cover if the dvd has a crappy photoshopped heads look to it.

Dude, that is a great idea. Anyone reading this . . . cook something up. We got artists here!!!

Show us what you got. There are lots of photos here in the thread and more options from my production diary.

Or make up some cool graphics. Blow that straight to vid, lifetime television design off the face of the effing planet.

Noeland, DAWE COLLINS, Abe Lincoln, Mike V, all the rest of ya's!!!!

Show us what you got.

I may be encouraged to part with something special if there is a stand out.

Do it.

The gauntlet is thrown.

- TB

I would, but I no longer have Photoshop.

If I did I would have done it like cover for The Punisher I made for myself and go really simple.

ahhhh, film industry politics. its been quite a ride aint it. I am looking forward to seeing DC whatever incarnation it takes - 2D/3D/DVD/THEATRES.........as i've said all along, tom had incredible vision, passion and determination for this project and i'm sure it will shine through no matter what. As a debut for a first time director it was carefully considered and also highly ambitious, this will not go un-noticed. I hope to god i get to see the 3D directors cut one day. best of luck boys with the ongoing saga.

keep fighting the good fight.

D.

Not only is the compostion bad, but the titles really got to me. Tim, you had some great title fonts on the posters you had come up with so far, these are just generic. Then again, so is the whole poster, but hey, lets slap a large red 3D up to so it jumps out at ya <_>