Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country

The site is looking really good, Tim. It's coming along great. It's a shame this thing isn't getting more support from the studios though. Would be awesome if someone with half a brain realized that now, with Thomas' success in Hung, would be a great time to release this. With the right promotion, I bet it wouldn't do half-bad.

Ha!

I'll bet if you go back to the early pages of this thread you'll find that we DID trumpet Wrightson's involvement ;)

Also if you check the Facebook fan page, Wrightson is listed in the credits as concept artist.

And we were ecstatic to have him onboard.

- TB

Son of a gun, that's egg on my face! You win this round 'Street. <_<

Love the site. And of course my favorite is Mr. Wrightsons BLOODY FACE!

Bloody awesome site!

As for the upcoming DVD release, an appropriate quote comes to mind: 'It was the best of times; it was the worst of times...'

Keep the faith, everyone.

And thanks to everyone who has lent their talent to this forum.

Hey that's TAB MURPHY!! nice to see you here Tab! that's awesome, glad you dig the site. man we've been working hard to deliver what we always wanted with this film -- and the site -- designed by my sister with Tim and Dave's artistic input -- is just an extension of what we've been trying to do all along - TWEAK YER BRAIN in that peculiar, noir, RAW way. dishing out doses of Noir Horror, by way of Bradstreet and Allcock, Raw Studios style.

i gotta say the film LOOKS pretty damn close to what i've always wanted, so love it or hate it, it's mine (ours) and I stand by it. okay, so Sony printed the film One Stop too dark - okay it's not in 3D - hey 3D sucks on DVD anyway, unless you're six years old. and guys, i hate to say it but this film was made for the DVD department at Sony called STAGE 6. Actually it's their very first film produced there. the fact that they were letting me shoot 3D got my hopes up for a theatrical release - it's one of the reasons I SOLD Sony on the idea - we could throw it up on a few hundred screens and make some MOOLA. a pretty safe investment at the time - 2007! this was way before the economy took a giant dump on the planet, and half of Hollywood had to move back to Jersey. NOW, these days, the idea just doesn't fly well. the advertising dollars Sony would have to spend just doesn't justify a theatrical release. check out all the medium budget films that are tanking right now at the BO and smell the music.

SO HERE WE ARE. are we here at Raw going to be stymied by a little old thing like a National Budget Crisis (depression)?? 'fraid not kiddies. we are gonna stand tall and do what we've always done - make cool pictures. one cool little picture at a time, and right now you can check out some of the coolest over at the dark country page.

Can't wait for you guys to see the film - SOME OF YOU may get the chance to see it in 3D if we get a Premiere going at the LONG BEACH FILM FESTIVAL - keep yer fingers crossed. Meanwhile -- let us know what you think!!

TJ

PS: do we have a special forum thread to talk about the film?

PS: do we have a special forum thread to talk about the film?

THIS would be that thread.

Why? You want to throw out some spoilers and talk more in depth?

If so we can start another Dark Country thread and clearly mark it - "Don't read if ya don't wanna know!" ;)

- TB

premiere at long beach film fest? nice.

I hope everyone likes the dark country site, i think its looking great (well i would wouldn't i!) - lots more goodies to come. and big love to all the fans for input and support.

Really cool site! I appreciate the fact that we can download all the pics from it! And the custom dvd covers, well.. I actually think these "custom" covers look alot better than the official cover I've seen laying about. But I guess that means I can just pick my fav "custom" one, print it, and then change it with the one on the Sony DVD one.

Looking forward to October 6th! And even more. More movies from RAW. Hell yeah.

If so we can start another Dark Country thread and clearly mark it - "Don't read if ya don't wanna know!" ;)

- TB

Humble suggestion to maybe start a dedicated DC movie thread on October 6th. Then folks who have seen it can talk about it and if you haven't, you know to stay off the thread if you don't want to be spoiled.

This thread has been pre release and now all things related to the website, etc.

Just a thought.

There are developments in 3D that will make it viable in the home very soon.

I hope that we'll see some of them at IBC in a week or so's time.

I know that one of the developers of viewing systems is looking for material to showcase their system and I've given them Tom & Patrick's contact details.

Here's hoping!

I love the web site.

Geoff

Hey Geoff -

There is a chance that Tom may screen Dark Country at the Wizard Big Apple Comicon in NYC the weekend of October 16-18.

It's just a little 'ol 7 hour flight! Come join us ;) Bring Allcock!

Man that would be awesome.

Neither of us are announced yet but I know I'm going cause they're paying for it ;)

Got any plans?

;)

- TB

- TB

nah nah stupid question. guess i meant for AFTER folks had seen the film. after it comes out, that's not a bad idea. start a SPOILERS thread for those who have seen it already. T

Hey Geoff -

There is a chance that Tom may screen Dark Country at the Wizard Big Apple Comicon in NYC the weekend of October 16-18.

Neither of us are announced yet but I know I'm going cause they're paying for it ;)

Got any plans?

;)

- TB

That sounds great, Tim. Since I missed you guys in San Diego, I'd love to get down to NYC (even though I'm not a big fan of the place) to see the movie and meet you guys. (I'm in Boston now.) Let us know the details, huh?

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, I guess that decides that. I'm going to NY too then.

:)

Two weekends in a row in the big apple. Hold me back!!

The site kicks ass. I just love what you guys did with it, and Heather is such a rock star with web design! I got a big fat grin on my face when I saw the way Allcock's art was used. How fucking cool.

Well, I guess that decides that. I'm going to NY too then.

:)

Two weekends in a row in the big apple. Hold me back!!

The site kicks ass. I just love what you guys did with it, and Heather is such a rock star with web design! I got a big fat grin on my face when I saw the way Allcock's art was used. How fucking cool.

I too have a big fat grin. heather is a genius!

Hey Geoff -

Got any plans?

;)

- TB

ooh. NYC october. very very tempting :)

Hey Geoff -

Got any plans?

;)

- TB

Hmm,

Depends on whether all the people with pencils make them ink or not :-)

I'd love to be there.

Oh and I have a full SG grading suite at home now, stereo capable.............

Geoff

Dark Country Website update -

The overturned mustang is now active – click it and you’ll see Allcock’s art. Also added a subtle “Survive the Drive” that comes up & goes away upon first getting to the site. You may have to clear your cache/restart your browsers to see the changes.

Check it out!!!!

Dark Country Website - Updated

xo - tb

Allcock's drawing of Tom with the beard is great! Any chance of Allcock doing a graphic novel of the movie? That would be, as the kids say, the bee's knees.

There has long been talk of Allcock illustrating a Dark Country GN, which is the story told from an alternate perspective.

That's great, it's an interesting plan and not just a rehash/straight adaptation of the film. I'm pretty sure it's already written by Tab.

I'm just not sure that Tom will do it now that the film is so close to release.

It'd be awesome for sure. Let's see what Tom says. He may still be down for it.

- TB