Tim Bradstreet

Criminal Macabre

Oh brother. I'm so off with this shit Street.

I thought the open hand cover was gonna be My Demon Baby #2, It appears not.

I thought there was a pattern of some kind at first, with TJ consistently not appearing in a specific number of each arc.

-TL

I thought there was a pattern of some kind at first, with TJ consistently not appearing in a specific number of each arc.

-TL

Now see? I wish I had thought of that!

Might have been a neat in-joke.

GAAH!

And I believe that Supernatural Freak Machine is a mini series by Niles and Kelly Jones that started at IDW and was finished with Dark Horse.

Maybe the whole publisher switcheroo has not been completely worked out yet. That could be why the TPB has been delayed. I'll try and get some word from Niles.

- tb

Tim It's an awesome cover man I love that gun thats in the middle of it.

But in the cover, theres defiently the black areas and there are part greyish areas.. Did you use a different color for those tiny areas of grey or possibly black. Or did you use a quill and did small dots and lines which I can see some lines perfectly in front of me.

Just wanted to know, so I can start figuring it out on my artwork.

-Jason

hello everyone out there! i just joined, and i have to say i'm sooo glad i did! tim, i love your stuff. I am a huge fan of punisher, tom jane, steve niles, this is just...excuse me.

ok, i'm back, i got emotional. now to my remarks. TIm, this is my dream since seeing that awesome black and white cal cover. I dream of a world where there is a true to form cal movie, staring tom jane, all animated with your work, and with cal acquiring that awesome schofield and putting boot to monster butt!!! can that happen?! PLEASE!!!

That's a very cool cover and like Recoil I'd like a big one of those on my wall.

Just finished reading My Demon Baby #2, that I bought on Wednesday.

Street, this is a BAD-ASS cover!

thomasjaneiscalmcdonalddf1.jpg

This arc's really shaping up in this one.

Buy it people!!!

-TL

First off, is Supernatural Freak Machine a collection or a graphic novel of it's own?

I've been wondering about this because I saw news about it and didn't really know.

Also, when does the next issue come out? Do you know, Tim?

-JO

Tim's right on Supernatural Freak Machine. Only 2 issues came out from IDW, and for whatever reason, Steve was able to take it back at Dark Horse for Feat of Clay. Thing is, Kelley Jones was never able to finish the artwork for Supernatural, and is just finally able to get around to it. As for when its coming out, who knows, Kelley is a damn busy guy (even working with Niles on a new Batman maxi series!).

Hey Tim, who should I contact to get my hands on a proof of the first Criminal Macabre? I promise I won't colour on it with crayons :rolleyes:

Just finished reading My Demon Baby #2, that I bought on Wednesday. Street, this is a BAD-ASS cover!

Criminal Macabre: My Demon Baby #2

thomasjaneiscalmcdonalddf1.jpg

This arc's really shaping up in this one. Buy it people!!!

-TL

oh yeah, totally agree with you. all of tim's work is just great. wish i could draw half as well. and steve niles is the best horror writer out there. such an inventive mind. as a writer myself, really someone to look up to.

Oh. My. God.

That's all I can say.

I just read My Demon Baby #2 and I am still sitting here with my jaw in my lap. That was so freakin' awesome. It was fantastic. Now I am DYIN' to see where the rest of this story goes. The ending just killed me!! That was unbelievable!!

I can't wait for the next part of the story. This is just TOO GOOD!!

And TB, you continue to AMAZE me with your work, man!! Keep it coming! This stuff is just incredible. (But my favorite is still My Demon Baby #1).

And a funny thing happened in the comic store. I was browsing through the books and came across a Constantine TP, which I have never read, but I instantly recognized Bradstreet's work. In an industry full of talented artists and craftsmen, his work definitely stands out, and I mean that in the best way.

Mediumfan

Cheers everyone, and thanks you wholeheartedly for the warm response.

I am having such a great time with this run and a big part of that is working with my longtime pal Steve Niles.

I'm pretty proud of the stuff so far but look out my little droogies, it's still goin' nowhere but up.

- tb

the cover looks great, i love black and white art, exellent work Tim.:)

Street, I just heard the Supernatural Freak Machine TPB is gonna hit stores on September 10.

supernaturalfreakmachinib4.jpg

I'm stoked about completing my collection of Jane/Cal covers...

thomasjaneiscalmcdonaldij4.jpgthomasjaneiscalmcdonaldut6.jpgthomasjaneiscalmcdonaldwc9.jpgthomasjaneiscalmcdonaldyx6.jpgthomasjaneiscalmcdonaldwx0.jpgthomasjaneiscalmcdonaldow5.jpgthomasjaneiscalmcdonalday2.jpgthomasjaneiscalmcdonaldpi8.jpg

One more thing, why is the cover for the My Demon Baby TPB a repeat of issue #1???

I was really lookin forward to a 10th and new shot of Jane as Cal man.

Maybe in the next 4 months you can make a Limited Edition Variant?

-TL

Hmm, get your Jane fix while you can on this title.

I spoke with Steve the other day and he wants to phase out Jane's likeness on the title after Cellblock 666 concludes.

There are several reasons for this, chiefly, Niles has the property in play for a film.

Steve is tossing Tom's name in for consideration but it's anyone's guess who could be cast as Cal Mcdonald.

Even when Niles was a fixture at RAW it wasn't a sure thing that Tom would get the role.

We all agree that Tom is perfect but the studio or director may not see it the same way.

Business is weird and anything could happen.

Right now Steve want's no recognizable face associated with Cal.

It's his property and as a friend I understand his reasons.

To me it's a shame to lose Tom but all involved are realistic about the situation.

Look for an unveiling of Cellblock 666 part 2 here in a week or two tops.

In the meantime enjoy part 1, which I posted earlier in my "Hot Off The Boards" thread.

xo - TB

Macabre9f1C.jpg

PS - Yes, I was bummed when I was informed that the TPB cover for My Demon Baby would be a re-use as opposed to a new cover.

Unfortunately not my decision. Hopefully we can talk them into it for Cellblock 666!

GOD-DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKIN AWESOME COVER MY MAN!

You made my night buddy.

I can't believe I hadn't seen it. What a douche for not visiting that thread.

Now my anger after reading your post and not deviating from the text because of the cover: WTF IS GOING ON HERE WITH NILES???

10 covers + some more on the way of Jane and they're considering dissasociating him from Cal???

I think Jane is the only reason the name Cal Macdonald is slightly recognizable.

On the film front, the studio's decision may be influenced by Frank Castle. I have no doubt about that.

Once again the whole thing BLOWS for my man T "CASTLE" Jane.

Questions: Did they re-use #1 for the TPB because its the only one that features the "Demon Baby"???

Wasn't there another shot of Jane with the kid?

Do you have the power to create a variant limited to 50 like the current issue #1 of Serenity: Better Days?

-TL

p.s. Thanks again for the cover shot (even though its old).

Thanks TL, wait'll you see the next one, guest starring the fried corpse of Michael Jeter from "The Green Mile".

I have to tell you I just love this shit. In the story line (I don't believe I'm giving anything away) to Cellblock 666, Cal is incarcerated and thrown in prison - shocker :blink:

There is a cemetery on the prison grounds where folks who died in the prison are buried . . . and during the course of the story they come back to life.

The living dead will walk the earth!

So I think it's pretty fucking hilarious that when we picked through bodies at KNB EFX (courtesy of Greg Nicotero) to use for the photo shoot we ended up with Michael Jeter's stunt double (prosthetic corpse) for the electric chair scene in Green Mile - All crispy fried ;) Actually Steve picked it out.

So we have a burned puppet created for a prison movie -

A film which was directed by Darabont who just directed Tom in The Mist -

Playing a ghoul, against Jane, for a horror cover that takes place in a prison.

Now I have to talk Steve into naming the Prison in question the "Cold Mountain State Prison" like in Green Mile.

You just couldn't make shit like this up!

Irony all over the place.

It's stuff like this that makes my job a delight.

- TB

Also -

Questions: Did they re-use #1 for the TPB because its the only one that features the "Demon Baby"???

No. I'm sure it was a budgetary decision.

Wasn't there another shot of Jane with the kid?

Yes, a couple of good ones.

Do you have the power to create a variant limited to 50 like the current issue #1 of Serenity: Better Days?

Only if I could find the time to pursue it and I don't have that right now. And even if I had the time I can't say I'd have the power to make it happen.

Right now it's a question of budget and I'm not sure Criminal Macabre's numbers would warrant the extra expenditure.

Send your letters of displeasure to Darkhorse c/o Shawna Gore ;)

I'll ask her about it but I already know the answer.

- tb

Bud, Michael Jeter was Thomas' co-star in both Thursday and Zack and Reba [in case you didn't know].

The whole Green Mile motif KICKS ASS!!!

Now I'm assuming this will be another 4 issue arc, which in a way will close an iconic Trilogy of Jane/Cal comics. I like the way that sounds despite the terrible truth.

What is it with this guy and comic book characters??? Amazing Punisher on-screen. Fantastic Cal Macdonald on paper.

Maybe the next one will be the keeper.

Here's another one for ya: I saw the ad for your book today (which you branded TIMOTHY BRADSTREET) and I wanted to know, are there Cellblock 666 covers present in that book?

-TL

p.s. Update your Myspace page with this new cover - I usually head over to your profile for cover browsing.

Where did you see the ad for my book?

Bud, Michael Jeter was Thomas' co-star in both Thursday and Zack and Reba [in case you didn't know].

Fucking too funny. Forgot about Thursday (Jane has talked about his working with Jeter on that) and I didn't know about Z+R.

Classic!

- TB

The ad is in this month's issue of PREVIEWS (the store order guide) with Harrison Ford as Indy on the cover.

So, about them Cellblock 666 covers in your book...

I only ask because Jane's face is on the cover as Cal.

BTW "TIMOTHY BRADSTREET" sounds like a fuckin hired gun lol

It def plays on the cover.

-TL

The ad is in this month's issue of PREVIEWS (the store order guide) with Harrison Ford as Indy on the cover.

So, about them Cellblock 666 covers in your book...

I only ask because Jane's face is on the cover as Cal.

BTW "TIMOTHY BRADSTREET" sounds like a fuckin hired gun lol

It def plays on the cover.

-TL

I don't see why the cellblock covers couldn't be included.

I'm pretty sure my publisher already has the file for part 1.

Hmm, Timothy Bradstreet should be atop the book, but the title of the book is "Archetype - Iconic Images And Cinematic Illustration Vol.2".

Thanks - Tb

Well Cellblock 666 is scheduled for a July 30 release according to Dark Horse.

I'll be pickin up the book as well, which will be shelved next to Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell's SUPERHEROES...

bookpx9.jpg / bookiibua2.jpg

I noticed you went with the Cal variant from your Myspace on the cover (black background instead of red).

-TL