Tiara

Future Movie Releases: Which Ones Will You Be Seeing?

I really wasn't paying much attention but The Dark Knight going with a blue lighting as as opposed to the orange lighting in Batman Begins, really does make everything seem cold and sterile.

Guest FADoss

WHAT? "The Happening"? did it make the original list? I LOVE Shyamalan and have seen ALL his movies in the theater (except Wide Awake)...will have to make special plans for this one.

Fred

WHAT? "The Happening"? did it make the original list? I LOVE Shyamalan and have seen ALL his movies in the theater (except Wide Awake)...will have to make special plans for this one.

Fred

I want to see this as well; it opens Friday, June 13th.

Friday the 13th...heh.

The Happening vs. The Incredible Hulk?

Mark Wahlberg vs. Edward Norton?

The director of Lady In The Water vs. The director of Transporter 2?

Zooey Deschanel vs. Liv Tyler?

I'm stickin to the big green on my birthday.

-TL

*Why couldn't Zooey be playing Betty Ross???

Guest FADoss

TL,

Transporter 2 was one of the worst piece of shit films ever made. I also think Zooey Deschanel beats Liv Tyler HANDS DOWN! Have you heard the woman's voice? She's an angel.

Mark vs. Ed is a tough call though...I'll give you that one. But why not see BOTH?

Fred

TL,

Transporter 2 was one of the worst piece of shit films ever made. I also think Zooey Deschanel beats Liv Tyler HANDS DOWN! Have you heard the woman's voice? She's an angel.

Mark vs. Ed is a tough call though...I'll give you that one. But why not see BOTH?

Fred

Transporter 2 is pretty shit.

As for Zooey she does have a nice singing voice, I caught She and Him on Conan O'Brien a couple nights back.

Oh Fred I'm watching both that's for sure, but come Midnight on the 12th I gotta pick one premiere to get in line for.

The Happening and Zooey's hypnotizing eyes will have to wait for Friday.

-TL

*Mike I caught that performance on Conan too man - and it was kickass! I think its on YouTube now...

Guest FADoss

ELF Her singing in the shower was AMAZING. I also truly dug her in "Failure to Launch". She was hot as fuck in that film.

Fred

*Mike I caught that performance on Conan too man - and it was kickass! I think its on YouTube now...

Can someone post the link for that here?

Thanks a ton.

- TB

She and Him - "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"

Her performance was a little stiff, but apparently she was sick that night.

Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a mean acoustic guitar.

I didn't even know he was in a band ;)

- TB

PS- Thanks for posting the link Mike.

Just saw him in "Charlie Wilson's War" last night. Amazing performance.

Fred

That film is spectacular.

Phil Sey is fantastic.

Hanks is HANKS, marvelous.

great script.

- TB

First one (I believe) is fan art; the rest look ok, but not great. And as I am looking, why would they have "Coming Soon" when there is already a release date? I don't know but it looks interesting to me.

poster-tdk-04-sm.jpg

poster-tdk-int3.jpg

poster-tdk-int4.jpg

poster-tdk-int5.jpg

poster-tdk-int6-sm.jpg

poster-tdk-int7.jpg

Guest FADoss
That film is spectacular.

Phil Sey is fantastic.

Hanks is HANKS, marvelous.

great script.

- TB

Great book! I read it while working on a paper for my undergrad cert in counterterrorism. Wasn't too long after reading it that I spent 6 months over there for real. Would be amazing to meet up with the real Charlie. And since I'm in Texas! :)

Fred

They are really upping the merchandise game for Iron Man:

ironman-statue01.jpg

The statue, which is 13 inches tall, is a Limited Edition replica of the Mark III suit designed for the film by Stan Winston. $150.00 plus tax and shipping.

AlterEgoComiics.com

quantum-of-solace-poster.jpg

quantum-of-solace.jpg

Artwork by yes, Tyler Stout!

hell-ride.jpg

"Hell Ride" is a raucous throwback to the days of the Sergio Leone spaghetti western, with a heaping helping of testosterone-fueled chopper action thrown into the mix. Writer/director Larry Bishop takes on a third role as Pistolero, head honcho of the Victors, a group of badass bikers who are out to avenge the murder of one of their members at the hands of the 666ers, a rival gang whose actions live up to their hellish moniker. Along with his cohorts, the Gent (deviously portrayed by Michael Madsen) and the mysterious Comanche (Eric Balfour), Pistolero aims to take down the Deuce and Billy Wings, menacing leaders of the 666ers, but a mutiny looms on the horizon when his commitment to profit is questioned by a few of his fellow Victors. An even larger story unravels when previously unknown information about Comanche resurrects ghosts from Pistolero's past.

Although there is enough sex, violence, and all-out machismo to keep grind-house fans firmly plastered to their seats, Bishop's take on the genre strays far from exploitation as he weaves a twisting, multilayered tale of revenge, loyalty, and brotherhood that is brought to life by a superb ensemble cast, with memorable performances by Dennis Hopper, Vinnie Jones, and David Carradine. In the words of Comanche, "The road to hell is paved with anything but good intentions."

Director: Larry Bishop

Writer(s): Larry Bishop

Cast: Larry Bishop, Michael Madsen, Dennis Hopper, Vinnie Jones, David Carradine, Eric Balfour, Julia Jones, Michael Beach, Leonor Varela, Francesco Quinn, Alison McAtee

Release Date: August 8, 2008

Rating: Rated R for strong violence, sexual content including graphic nudity and dialogue, language and drug use.

babylon-ad-poster.jpg

Vin Diesel stars as a mercenary hired to deliver a package from the ravages of post-apocalyptic Eastern Europe to a destination in the teeming megalopolis of New York City. The "package" is a mysterious young woman with a secret.

Director: Mathieu Kassovitz

Writer(s): Eric Besnard

Cast: Vin Diesel, Gérard Depardieu, Michelle Yeoh, Charlotte Rampling, Mark Strong, Radek Bruna, Melanie Thierry, Lambert Wilson

Release Date: August 29, 2008

star-trek-11.jpg

star-trek-comicon.jpg

"Lost" creators-writers-producers J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof and Bryan Burk bring an 11th installment of the popular "Star Trek" franchise to the big screen.

Director: J.J Abrams

Writer(s): Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman

Cast: Zachary Quinto, Leonard Nimoy, Eric Bana, Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Winona Ryder, Rachel Nichols, Jennifer Morrison, Chris Hemsworth, Clifton Collins Jr., Ben Cross

Release Date: May 8, 2009

I can't wait for Quantum of Solace, but that movie's had so many production problems...I hope it doesn't delay the movie release by any means. I'm already crazy for the Dark Knight, so there's not much to say. Star Trek revamp....maybe.

Guest FADoss

Okay, a few notes... VIN DIESEL IS A GOD! If only because he wrote the foreword to the 30th Anniversary book for D&D and confessed himself to be a closet gamer. Chronicles of Riddick didn't do anything to lessen his coolness in my eyes either. He's fucking amazing and I'll watch ANYTHING he's in.

Daniel Craig is THE best Bond so far. And I know the Connery-lovers will lambast me for this one, but Craig's Bond is so real and ruthless while still charming and debonair. He's PERFECT. He IS Bond.

Vinnie Jones has also ranked up there on my list since Bullet Tooth Tony. And Michael Madsen is still a fav of mine despite the fact that 30% of his films are absolute SHIT. :) "Hell Ride" looks cool.

Thanks for digging these up Tiara.

Fred