Tim Bradstreet

The Punisher

Has anyone seen the cover of the new Punisher Max, #51, with Barracuda on the cover? Is it just me or is that Michael Clarke Duncan posing as Barracuda?

Has this been mentioned before, and I'm just late for the party? Cause I woulda thought TB woulda been thrilled to have him pose as the big B-man.

I love that guy, and if that is him, then, 1) TB did a FANTASTIC!! job with the cover, and 2) that was an INSPIRED choice for Barracuda.

Wouldn't you just LOVE to see him play Barracuda in a Punisher movie, especially with Thomas as the Punisher?

Like that'll ever happen, right?

Mediumfan

This is probably somthing that only Garth could answer, but I thought maybe you might know. Is there any reason Jigsaw has not poped up in the MAX series? He is the only Punisher villian that I can recall off hand that has stuck it out.

Also, if he does end up in future issues, if you could pick anyone, who would you like to use as a model?

yeah, if this has been rplied to, sorry, but he has a apeared in war journal.

Has anyone seen the cover of the new Punisher Max, #51, with Barracuda on the cover? Is it just me or is that Michael Clarke Duncan posing as Barracuda?

Has this been mentioned before, and I'm just late for the party? Cause I woulda thought TB woulda been thrilled to have him pose as the big B-man.

I love that guy, and if that is him, then, 1) TB did a FANTASTIC!! job with the cover, and 2) that was an INSPIRED choice for Barracuda.

Wouldn't you just LOVE to see him play Barracuda in a Punisher movie, especially with Thomas as the Punisher?

Like that'll ever happen, right?

Mediumfan

MCD would definitely be the choice for Barracuda. love the character. can't wait until Garth brings us the final showdown between him and Frank. it's gonna be brutal!

Ay Tim it's Raffi, I just joined because the blogs on your myspace caught my attention. Here's a question for ya....Aside from the movies you're involved in, what movies are you anxious to see? And since the gentlemen are talking about other Punisher characters above me another question that pops up is, do you think it would be a good idea if there were an HBO series of the Punisher? You can incorporate the Gnucci family, Nicky Cavella, The Russian, Barracuda, the Irish Mob.... a bunch of shit. I always thought maybe that would have been a decent idea and that Tom could have starred in it. I dunno just a thought. And when you said Ray Winstone as a "what if" candidate as a Jigsaw model, I almost shit a brick cause he was the man I always thought about for that situation. Like you said he's gotta be as old as Frank too. Not to mention he's gonna play Harrison's sidekick in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, my most anticipated movie since I was a damn infant!

Has anyone seen Punisher Max #52 yet? This ranks as one of my favorite covers ever in the Punisher stories, and definitely one of Bradstreet's best. And the story. All I can say is WOW! I didn't see that ending coming. Can't wait for more of this story.

Mediumfan

Guest FADoss
Street, what was your inspiration for this cover?

punisher53ju0.jpg

A cigarette boat perhaps?

-TL

Front Toward Enemy? I thought everyone knew where that was from. Especially NCOs in the Army...

Frederic

MCD would definitely be the choice for Barracuda. love the character. can't wait until Garth brings us the final showdown between him and Frank. it's gonna be brutal!

I always thought that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Echo) from Lost would be a good pick.

Doss, I don't think the word "Street" relates to any part of your full name. And you know what I like best about Officers? Their pay grade suits them just right - "0-3". That's exactly what they are, a bunch of fuckin zeros.

-TL

Guest FADoss

Wow. THAT was uncalled for...and really doesn't make much sense...

When did you join the Army TL? How long were you in? When did you make SGT? Where did you go over seas? Can you tell me something...and don't give me that classified garbage either. Baby SGTs don't get into special ops.

Say all you want about my military background and my position...at least I'm telling the TRUTH.

And it's from a CLAYMORE BTW.

claymore1small.jpg

Back on topic . . .

The cover inspiration came directly from Garth.

That's what he wanted, a claymore, face front, taking up the whole cover.

I lobbied for the design going horizontal so you could see it and understand it without turning the cover on it's side.

Not that this design leaves a whole lot to the imagination, I just thought it would play less awkwardly, even if part of the Claymore's message got lost on the sides. We all know the familiar words eh? I also lobbied for having a shadow falling across the claymore; an approaching victim say? I was told I was making it too complicated. I just wanted to tell more of a story.

Yep, that is what they wanted so that is what I gave them.

Obviously not one of my favorite covers since it's just a big, ultra close up of a mine. Still, I see the point of what Garth wanted to do.

I actually had a little fun with it, trying to match textures, match the rounded lettering, etc . . .

- TB

It's fairly obvious that it is a claymore. I know jackshit about the army and I know that much just by looking at it.

Hell, reading Punisher comics is what taught me anything I know about weapons. Punisher Armory, and so on...

It's still pretty cool, Tim.

So how go the covers for your and Garth's final run together?

Doss, I KNOW what a Claymore is. You didn't have to point that out. I was askin Street (not you) about it.

Now, you obviously don't know a thing about the Army's administration of Enlisted personnel. I'm not surprised, because that's not something that concerns a Captain. Unless you enjoy reading about administrative procedures and organization for fun. Corporal is the rank you're lookin for, NOT Sergeant (E-5).

Instead of calling me a liar like usual, how about you "accept" the fact that you ain't the only one here with a Military background. And for your information, my Airborne unit has MANY classified endeavors. If you do the math based on the info on my Myspace (which you love looking at) you'll discern how long I was in. To make things easier for you, I was thrown out of my high school during my Junior year and had to get a G.E.D. in order to Enlist. I heard they won't even take those anymore. I wanted DESPERATELY to be a Ranger, but that's not what God wanted me to do.

Oh, and about the Fitness degree... It was a 3 month course to get certified by the NCSF. Cost me $500 at Miami-Dade Community College. You oughtta give it a shot.

Anything else?

Street, I'm diggin it. And buying it (the comic, not the Claymore).

-TL

I might have been dreaming but. Did't Tom talk about doing a Punisher comic? Writing and with him as the Punisher? And Tim doing the art (... That would take a long time, and a lot of pics :P)

Probably just a fanboy dream I guess. :P

Actually this was talked about. A couple years ago there was talk of Tom and Steve writing a Punisher one-shot, with Tom as The Punisher that I would do the art for. Not sure how it wasn't picked up and ran with. Not sure what ever became of the idea but obviously now I think it's easy to understand that it ain't likely going to happen.

So no, you weren't dreaming. Maybe WE were, but you weren't ;)

- TB

Guest FADoss

TL,

My apologies. In the AF NCO doesn't begin until E-5. We eliminated Buck Sergeant before I came in (used to start at E-4). I apparently opened my mouth about something I knew nothing about and I apologize for calling you a liar on both counts.

Truth is, your labelling me a traitor to my country in another thread on here and your constant disrespect for the officer corp (something unexpected from a disciplined NCO) made me leary of your history. I as much a patriot as you are and I would reckon we could go toe to toe on the street anytime (you'd probably whoop my ass in the ring though. ;))

Anyway, sorry again...I won't reference your background again...and I would hope that you would refrain from referencing mine.

Frederic

Doss, go read my response to your post in the Warzone thread. To summarize it, I accept your apology.

Street, did you use a prop Claymore or an actual one? If so, are photographers/artists allowed to use heavy artillery during shoots?

-TL

I recall Tim saying that the sawn off in MAX #54 was real. So my guess at this would be that he can have heavy artillery. Is a sawn off considered heavy artillery though?

No actual, no prop.

I made it from scratch using shitty web reference photos as a guide.

I think I got it pretty close though.

- tB

Looks like it's pretty close to me

I hope the Punisher fans are paying attention -

Just four more covers to go and then I'm setting sail into the Punisher twilight, at least for the present.

Here is a look at the new cover for issue #56

PunM56f.jpg

Stay tuned as next up I'll be drawing Frank Castle with a gas mask and night vision goggles, ready to kick yer ass through your shoulder blades.

- TB

You can just feel it building... well done.