Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Depth Of Field - Podcast #9

Here it is! After months of failed promises ;) Tim B and Tom R finally get

the interview you've been waiting for. Straight from the freezing

high desert of New Mexico back in December, it's Ron Perlman on the

set of "Dark Country!", so fresh off of his stint suiting up for HELLBOY that he could still smell the prosthetics.

Then we pick Tom Jane's mind about his directorial debut, 3D in today's Hollywood, and the state of film and comic books today!

If you download just one podcast this year, make it this one!

Get it right here ----------> http://www.rawstudios.com/podcast.html

Or Download the episode directly from Itunes.

- Bradstreet and Racine

JanePerl.jpg

Thanks for the new podcast. Was interesting to listen in. Way back when you were referring to film noir while filming Dark Country was going on, I found this website

http://www.essortment.com/all/filmnoirdefini_roud.htm

that had some basic info about it. Just thought I'd share that here.

Can't wait to see Dark Country on the big screen.

This was a fun one. I find it really cool that Tom talks about film and comics and 3-D as a fan. Most people, it seems like "yeah I'm in films and I've worked with some great people". Tom was going off about stuff and people that inspired him, it's great to hear that kind of enthusiasm. That's part of the reason why I love this podcast, we get to hear Tim and Tom do the same every time a new one comes out. By the way, Tom R, great questions. You don't go too much into the questions that everyone is going to ask and you get the most out of the answers. Great stuff.

The Terance Malick story was too funny. I was laughing out loud. Can't wait for The Dark Country!

Guest AdminGuyX

This was great. Christ, Tom says things in this podcast that you want all filmmakers to say and mean, but only the greats ever really "get". Good lord, I want to see Dark Country RIGHT NOW!!

That was incredibly refreshing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

This is what I'm getting. Tom sees films from the seat, even when he's directing a scene, he's "watching" the movie. He doesn't get lost in the process of making the film. He's forever concerned with how the film should effect the viewer. He doesn't compromise on that end because it compromises the viewing experience.

Thank friggin God.

And I like John McTiernan too.

:)

And I appreciate the way you guys let Tom take the ball and run with it.

And Pearlman was great, if exhausted.

Gotta say, Bravo on that podcast fella's.

I want to say thank you to you guys for your great comments. I'm pleased that you're all enjoying our little rants, and I knew you'd love the Tom Jane one. He's just so obviously passionate about his work and his love of comic books, horror and film in general. It's really refreshing and gratifying to know that someone in a position of actual power and creation feels that way. Let's hope Hollywood doesn't beat it out of him and we find him directing the direct to DVD "Norbit III - Norbit Meets the Klumps" in five years. :)

Also, thanks for the feedback about how we're doing individually. Tim and I really work to find questions for people that are off the beaten track, and strive to keep the natural conversational dialog we have with everyone we have on. I'm thoroughly enjoying this whole thing, and I read the comments all the time. Honestly, I have no idea if five people are downloading this thing or 5,000. (Probably best I don't know, actually.) But it's a blast to do. As a hack cartoonist, it's great to be in this world of superior artists and knowledgeable fans! (Now, if I could just get Tim to stop smoking and get that $@#!% cat out of the room, we'd be gold.)

Also, thanks for the feedback about how we're doing individually. Tim and I really work to find questions for people that are off the beaten track, and strive to keep the natural conversational dialog we have with everyone we have on. I'm thoroughly enjoying this whole thing, and I read the comments all the time. Honestly, I have no idea if five people are downloading this thing or 5,000. (Probably best I don't know, actually.) But it's a blast to do. As a hack cartoonist, it's great to be in this world of superior artists and knowledgeable fans! (Now, if I could just get Tim to stop smoking and get that $@#!% cat out of the room, we'd be gold.)

I really do enjoy listening to your conversations because they do sound like conversations, not Q & As.

As for the smoking and the cat, I recommend a fire extinguisher. Should work on both. :D