Sign in to follow this  
Tiara

Terminator: Salvation

This is how I chose to see that

They're built around an pre-manufactured bike so all the functions are still there... Yes, I went the easy way. :P

Maybe so other terminators could ride them...

Why so down Charlie Brown?

Oh I'm just a jaded cranky bastard - 'tis all. Saw 'The Tooth Fairy' with the kids and then got out Terminator Salvation and GI Joe as mindless cancellation, but they just irritated.

Don't worry I'll take my meds...

Oh I'm just a jaded cranky bastard - 'tis all. Saw 'The Tooth Fairy' with the kids and then got out Terminator Salvation and GI Joe as mindless cancellation, but they just irritated.

Don't worry I'll take my meds...

Haha, someone must have run off with your coffee!

Salvation didn't ruin my serenity. I wish it could have delivered on ALL the promise I'd hoped for but there were some nice moments.

After This and Star Trek I'm digging what I'm seeing from Yelchin. Was VERY worried about him being cast in this because he's nowhere near Michael Biehn.

But the kid sold me regardless with another fine performance.

Yeah, I thought this could be great but then I remembered, oh yeah, this is a big studio film with big studio chiefs capable of killing great ideas and original thinking calling the shots.

- tb

More Yelchin and Worthington and less Bale would have made this movie a lot better.

More Yelchin and Worthington and less Bale would have made this movie a lot better.

Tim is right - it was just too 'safe' and predictable. I don't know - perhaps I am too much of a sour puss at present. Nothing to do with coffee levels, more to do with taking a week off and thinking I should be watching what's come out and see if I can connect to it. That's the root of my issue, trying to connect.

The notion of what the modern audience is looking for....

It's not a bad movie per say, it's just that it doesn't really go anywhere or reveal anything new.

I was pretty disappointed with this one. It has a lot of problems. There are some good action scenes, and Sam Worthington did a great job, but I just didn’t care about anything that happened in the movie. I was just passively watching it instead of been drawn in by it, like I want to be with a Terminator film.

There’s a really great article at CHUD that talks about an alternative version of the script that was been developed before Christian Bale came on. It’s a pretty interesting read if you’re a fan of the series: http://chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/...N/Page1.html?62

Tim is right - it was just too 'safe' and predictable. I don't know - perhaps I am too much of a sour puss at present. Nothing to do with coffee levels, more to do with taking a week off and thinking I should be watching what's come out and see if I can connect to it. That's the root of my issue, trying to connect.

The notion of what the modern audience is looking for....

Fuck that. Go watch Breaker Morant . . . again!

-------------------

The studio system is saturated with 'safe', weak shit. Only when a power player (actor/actress/director . . and occasionally a producer) has the pull and the brains to do something passionate or brave does it ever seem to produce real quality. Of course by 'brave' I mean something no one would normally cough up $ for, for fear it won't reach a wide audience. Mel Gibson (like him or not) for a while there was plowing hard against the grain. Do you think anyone who helped finance the 30M for Passion Of The Christ ever believed they'd break even or that it would gross over 224M?

I doubt Mel would have seen a 40M budget for Apocalypto if Passion hadn't turned studios on their collective ear.

Then he got drunk, then he said some stupid shit (caught on tape and downloaded to the world), then his seemingly impervious popularity took a nose dive.

No more actor/director with balls and a will to strive for something of worth. Or at least he's finding it a lot harder to finance his projects.

Goddammit.

OK, I'M going to go watch Breaker Morant now ;)

-------------------

The studio system is saturated with 'safe', weak shit. Only when a power player (actor/actress/director . . and occasionally a producer) has the pull and the brains to do something passionate or brave does it ever seem to produce real quality. Of course by 'brave' I mean something no one would normally cough up $ for, for fear it won't reach a wide audience. Mel Gibson (like him or not) for a while there was plowing hard against the grain. Do you think anyone who helped finance the 30M for Passion Of The Christ ever believed they'd break even or that it would gross over 224M?

I doubt Mel would have seen a 40M budget for Apocalypto if Passion hadn't turned studios on their collective ear.

Then he got drunk, then he said some stupid shit (caught on tape and downloaded to the world), then his seemingly impervious popularity took a nose dive.

No more actor/director with balls and a will to strive for something of worth. Or at least he's finding it a lot harder to finance his projects.

Goddammit.

You can - but only after you've done you homework. Have you?

-------------------

Goddammit.

That's true, but honestly I think Warner Bros. is one of the few studios that does seem to take chances these days.