Sign in to follow this  
Tiara

Terminator: Salvation

Yeah, it looks alright. The more I see of this, less worried I am that it will suck.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm interested to see how how these water dwelling terminators are going to be used in the story.

They remind me of the bots from "Screamers", the PKD adaptation starring Peter Weller.

I'm interested to see how how these water dwelling terminators are going to be used in the story.

They remind me of the bots from "Screamers", the PKD adaptation starring Peter Weller.

I knew they looked familiar. With all the new bots, it's kind of interesting to see where they are taking things. In the first two, we saw so little of the "Future War" that they can get away with a lot of stuff.

Posted by Daniel Barna, Source: MTV

Many moons ago, the net was buzzing with rumours that Josh Brolin had a role in McG's upcoming TERMINATOR SALVATION, possibly playing a terminator. That rumour has since been dispelled, but according to Brolin himself, it was at one point a possibility.

Continue reading:

http://joblo.com/brolin-talks-t4

I'm hoping to see The Day the Earth Stood Still in the theater, and am looking forward to seeing this preview on the big screen with it. Looks cool.

It took me a while to warm up to the idea of Christian Bale as John Connor, but he looks the part in the preview.

Guest AdminGuyX

I know it's not her, but one of those shots in the new trailer look like Jesse (Reeses AWOL girlfriend) from the TV show.

This is looking pretty great so far. Though I'm sad they gave away that Sam Worthington is a machine.

:(

Though I'm sad they gave away that Sam Worthington is a machine.

Well since I didn't see the trailer I have to now include 'you' in your 'they' comment you complete bastard!

Oh, you'll pay. You'll PAY.

;)

- TB

Dang that was quick.

Guest AdminGuyX
Well since I didn't see the trailer I have to now include 'you' in your 'they' comment you complete bastard!

Oh, you'll pay. You'll PAY.

;)

- TB

DAMN. I didn't even realize that would happen. But should have.

But I'm finally part of "they" which has been my goal since childhood!

YES!

DAMN. I didn't even realize that would happen. But should have.

But I'm finally part of "they" which has been my goal since childhood!

YES!

Gooble gobble, Gooble gobble! One of us, one of us!

freaksht4.png

Prince Radian says "hey".

princeradianhc2.png

EDIT: The trailer is now available in QuickTime.

Guest AdminGuyX

NEW Official trailer is up on filmdrunk

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/?p=7217

I'm not real happy with the casting for Kyle Reese. I think they needed someone closer to Beihn's intensity, and looks. This kid just doesn't look the part, or feel the part. Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing it though.

The movie looks pretty good though. Loving Bryce Dallas Howard for Connor's wife!!

Well, it suppose to be 2018 as opposed to 2029 that was established in the first movie. So a younger looking Kyle Reese makes sense.

The Los Angeles Times has a new photo from McG’s Terminator Salvation. Christian Bale plays John Conner in the future war between man and machines. The photo shows Conner walking into a factory where Terminators are produced on an assembly line. I was actually on set for some of the filming in the factory, but since I’m embargoed, more on that later. Click on over to LAT to see the photo in higher resolution.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/10/first-...ator-salvation/

Warner Bros. Pictures and Sony Pictures have brought online the new domestic and international trailers for Terminator Salvation! Directed by McG, the May 22nd opener stars Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Moon Bloodgood, Common, Jadagrace and Helena Bonham Carter.

In the highly anticipated new installment of "The Terminator" film franchise, set in post-apocalyptic 2018, Bale stars as John Connor, the man fated to lead the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators. But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they uncover the terrible secret behind the possible annihilation of mankind.

You can watch the domestic trailer in various QuickTime sizes here, while the international trailer is available in Flash format here!

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51189

Set Report: Terminator Salvation

It's night. We're in the New Mexico desert, the heat of the day dissipating rapidly as the full moon rises. And we're witness to horror: A massive machine crushes skulls in a ruined church as the towers of Skynet rise behind us.

SCI FI Wire was among a group of reporters on the set of McG's upcoming prequel film Terminator Salvation last June, and what we saw was a key scene in the movie, featuring star Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright as he evades the machines while trying to infiltrate the heart of Skynet, represented by an old power plant in Algodones, N.M., in the desert between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

McG explains the movie, which is set in the years after Judgment Day and centers on an adult John Connor (Christian Bale) and Marcus, a mysterious figure who finds himself in a strange land.

"This picture is post-Judgment Day, as opposed to the first three pictures are all present day," McG says before showing us his work. "The Terminators [are] coming back to the future. We don't have time travel yet in this picture; we just tease the idea of it coming. And that's that. And you see how the whole movie is just designed to be a thinly veiled cautionary tale of if we don't get our act together, this is the world that we're headed towards."

Australian actor Worthington is coy about his character, a new addition to the Terminator mythos. "I play a guy who kind of wakes up in this world, and he's trying to figure out who he is and what the hell the world is about," Worthington says. "So he's a searcher. He's Alice in Wonderland, basically."

Continue reading:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?c...=3&id=62751

Guest AdminGuyX
Well, it suppose to be 2018 as opposed to 2029 that was established in the first movie. So a younger looking Kyle Reese makes sense.

It's not his age that bothers me. It's the casting.

Njc-------

Halcyon Co. executives Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek are developing a fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise with Terminator Salvation director McG, reports Variety.

The trade says the news came out of the Dubai International Film Festival. McG was in Dubai for the announcement.

No decision has been made as to where to film the next "Terminator," although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.

Christian Bale has signed on in the role of John Connor for all three films in the newly planned trilogy. The next installment, after Terminator Salvation, is tentatively scheduled for a 2011 release.

Anderson and Kubicek had originally planned to wait until the release of Terminator Salvation next summer before deciding on whether to proceed with the next chapter, but the positive studio, fan and media reaction to footage from the current film has encouraged them to move forward ahead of schedule.

"We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Kubicek said.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51301