sidewaysgaze

The Mist

Okay, going international, with news from Patti from France, The Mist will be released to theaters in France (February 27), Germany (already out as of January 17?), and the U.K. soon.

Here's the link to a U.K. info site:

http://www.allocine.co.uk/film/fichefilm.html?cfilm=122632

and

German site:

http://www.allocine.de/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=122632.html

and

French site:

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=122632.html

Jen

Ugh, that art is horrible, it sure is lacking in mist on the cover. You know, I was really hoping they were going to use Struzan poster for the 2-disc, like was done with The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

The_Mist.jpg

Ugh, that art is horrible, it sure is lacking in mist on the cover. You know, I was really hoping they were going to use Struzan poster for the 2-disc, like was done with The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

The_Mist.jpg

I agree. I wanted this poster art on the 2 disc as well. At least they could have put the original cover for the 2 disc and the flaming volcano cover for the 1 disc. What the hell?

JO

I don't know if anyone has heard, but the Saturn award nominations were announced last week, and The Mist was nominated for several awards, including

- Best Horror Film

- Best Direction - Frank Darabont

- Best Supporting Actress - Marcia Gay Harden

It's not surprising that it got all of these nominations, particularly for Marcia Gay Harden. I mean, if The Mist hadn't been classified as a horror movie, then she might have even gotten an Oscar nomination. The surprising thing was that Thomas didn't get a nomination, which he should have. He was great in that, and he got snubbed by the Saturns!! It's not like it was the Golden Globes or the Oscars. It was the freakin' Saturn awards! That's just cold.

mediumfan

I don't know if anyone has heard, but the Saturn award nominations were announced last week, and The Mist was nominated for several awards, including

- Best Horror Film

- Best Direction - Frank Darabont

- Best Supporting Actress - Marcia Gay Harden

It's not surprising that it got all of these nominations, particularly for Marcia Gay Harden. I mean, if The Mist hadn't been classified as a horror movie, then she might have even gotten an Oscar nomination. The surprising thing was that Thomas didn't get a nomination, which he should have. He was great in that, and he got snubbed by the Saturns!! It's not like it was the Golden Globes or the Oscars. It was the freakin' Saturn awards! That's just cold.

mediumfan

I agree. What the hell? Why does Tom not get a nomination? That final scene was heartbreaking.

JO

You're right, JO. That scene alone should have gotten him a nomination, but there were so many others that were fantastic too.

But. like I said, it's the freakin' Saturns, and they nominate Jennifer Love Hewitt EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR for the Ghost Whisperer. I mean, COME ON!! What is the deal with that? And Thomas' wife Patricia has been nominated for the Saturn at least twice, but has never won, and they give one to Jennifer Love Hewitt??!!!!

I don't really give these awards much creedence anyway, so I'm sure Thomas doesn't care that he wasn't nominated. Which is good, but it's still wrong that he couldn't even get a nomination from them when his work was so great in that movie.

Mediumfan

You're right, JO. That scene alone should have gotten him a nomination, but there were so many others that were fantastic too.

But. like I said, it's the freakin' Saturns, and they nominate Jennifer Love Hewitt EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR for the Ghost Whisperer. I mean, COME ON!! What is the deal with that? And Thomas' wife Patricia has been nominated for the Saturn at least twice, but has never won, and they give one to Jennifer Love Hewitt??!!!!

I don't really give these awards much creedence anyway, so I'm sure Thomas doesn't care that he wasn't nominated. Which is good, but it's still wrong that he couldn't even get a nomination from them when his work was so great in that movie.

Mediumfan

Yeah but it is Jennifer Love F'ing Hewitt. Can you smell the sarcasm? lol

Yeah. I don't care much about the awards unless someone I like wins a much deserved award. But I think too much rides on the awards. People think since a certain actor didn't win that they're not a good actor. Usually it is the other way around. I can think of millions of times when I think an actor who won should've lost out to other actors. But I don't believe actors should care about awards if ya know what I mean. I mean yeah they're cool but they shouldn't be like most people think actors should be where they're like, "Yes I finally won one of these damn things, it's about time because I've been waiting forever and get pissed the past few times when I don't win." lol.

JO

I have always noticed that actors and actresses who actually do their job AND have a life never win the Saturn Awards.

Finally bought this and watched it! WOW!! That is now one of my favorite horror movies!

Unbelievable! I know it was homage to Lovecraft; he would love that!!

Thomas Jane was incredible in this!!

I just saw it in black and white, which is the way to see this movie in my opinion.

Finally bought this and watched it! WOW!! That is now one of my favorite horror movies!

Unbelievable! I know it was homage to Lovecraft; he would love that!!

Thomas Jane was incredible in this!!

my thoughts exactly :)

thought of Lovecraft too

ending was heartbreaking, but couldnt be better...

Guest FADoss

So, had it in the netflix queue for too long and finally broke down on PPV this evening. WOW! That ending was just...sickening. Another amazing performance by Jane. The pain in the end scene was just raw and heartbreaking. I think it's definitely my favorite King flick so far.

Well, until Jane does the Gunslinger. :)

Fred

What a movie the murder of the army guy well crushed me

the end was amazing a ending to die for muhahaha as they did lol

Jyst saw a poster for this over here last night in the cinema. Can't wait to see it now I'v waited a long time for this to come out.

Release date 4th July!! <_<

Recently picked this up on DVD...seen it like 4 times already, awesome movie...the ending made my jaw drop the first time i saw it.

Finally a review that hits the nail squarely on the head. There have been many positive reviews, don't get me wrong . . .

But Phelim O'Neill from The Guardian.co.uk really "gets" what Darabont was aiming for. Mixed into the review are excellent and informative insights both about Darabont himself, and from Darabont commenting on his intentionally low budget masterpiece. And a nice little nod to Drew Struzan (the artist David Drayton is based on) at the end of this article ---------->The Human Race Is Insane - The Mist

Learn why Darabont turned his back on a budget twice the size and more, and maybe even gain a better understanding of the film through the mind of it's creator.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

Great article Tim. Thanks for linking that.

"My first love was this genre. My very first memories are of watching television as a four-year-old: Frankenstein and the Wolfman and Dracula and all the old Universal monster movies were my first love, and anything that had an element of the fantastic always appealed to me - it's a genetic disposition, y'know, you either love this stuff or you don't. And, oh my God, I'm suuuuuuuuch a geek about this stuff that I've always wanted to veer back into that territory."

This made me wonder - "What would Frank Darabont's Frankenstein be like as a movie?"

I shudder to imagine the greatness.

Here is to hoping this will not be his last trip to this genre of film.

But he has to go make Fahrenheit 451 first!!!

:)

Fahrenheit 451 could be such a great film with Darabont behind the camera. They've been trying forever it feels like. Hope this one turns out. Sorry to get off track, just a little gitty.

Well, the movie is coming out here this week...Who knows when it's coming to a cinema near me (If at all)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.