sidewaysgaze

The Mist

One thing I like about this movie so far is the cast. It's not a movie with a bunch of A-list actors or a bunch teen or 20 some year old actors who's acting ability are just terrible. Because half the time a movie like this... that's the type of people they get. The actors they have for this movie are "character actors" who have been around for awhile and that's the best type of actors you can get.

Did you guys read the last part of Tom's bio on The Mist site?

Whoops.

:P

Did you guys read the last part of Tom's bio on The Mist site?

Whoops.

:P

Whoops! is right, Recoil! That's too funny! I wonder if they'll change it, especially after the Scream Awards.

Good catch.

Mediumfan

The official site for Mutant Chronicles also lists TJ as the star of Punisher 2.

-TL

I guess the word hasn't gotten around Tinseltown yet that TJ is out of Punisher 2. Maybe somebody oughta give 'em a heads-up.

Ya think?

Mediumfan

I add two Thomas's photos (screencaps of movie)

sc810.jpg

sc1411.jpg

Patti

Oh wow, nice pics thanks for sharing! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! Two of my fave things, Tom Jane and Stephen King in one movie!

FINALLY saw a commercial for the movie today during the Titans game.

Cool! :D

I had seen that looong preview of it during the first showing of Scream 2007 on Spike TV, but then, when they repeated the show later on, they didn't have that long preview!! :(

I just saw shorter previews for The Mist this weekend, during a new episode of Stargate: Atlantis, and while I was flipping channels, I caught a slightly different version of preview during a rerun of Stargate: SG-1.

I also saw the Hitman preview, and I have to say, whoever is editing the previews for The Mist should do a tighter and more tense job than what they're putting out now - just my opinion! :o

Jen

I'm really happy to see some advertising for THE MIST now.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY gives it kind of a back handed slap in it's holiday movie "MUST SEE" list. but the good news was there was no mention one way or the other of HITMAN. Lots of people read EW.

Hey, guys, this may be old news, but I found some neat articles over at AintItCool.com that detail the behind the scenes stuff and also some pre-production interviews with the cast and crew. Kinda neat.

http://www.aintitcool.com/semperex_search?...ywords=The+mist

Also I found out something interesting that I did not know. A little bit of Six Degrees type trivia: Seems Frank Darabont wrote Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (widely considered by many to be the best of the NOES series) which starred a very young Patricia Arquette, who is now married to Thomas. Ain't it cool? :)

Mediumfan

I had seen an early review that said it might get rated PG-13 and I had seen a few websites that had not yet rated the movie. But I saw another trailer for it an hour ago and it said it was Rated R.

Weinstein's sent out a print for the cast and crew of Dark Country to watch today and we viewed it this afternoon.

Um, all I can say is AWESOME.

It took me a little while to get past the fact that I see Jane everyday. But lemme tellya. After about 5-10 minutes I got lost in the performance and he WAS David Drayton. It's about time an A list director antied up the sand and delivered a horror film and Darabont delivers the goods with relish. The end is still giving me chills and it'll take an effort to shake it.

I'm really super proud of Tom, and I think the rest of you will be duly impressed with his performance.

A+

- TB

Finally finished reading this book last night, and now I'm so psyched to go see this movie. I had to finish it with all the lights and the tv on. And after reading it, and hearing about Darabont's version, I'm dying to see how it plays on screen. If it's half as good as I think it's gonna be, then it's gonna be fan-damn-tastic.

Mediumfan

Ladies and gents, I saw this film monday night, and again today. It is fantastic even when watching it a second time. It is one of the best apocalyptic thrillers I have seen. It has some similarities to Dreamcatcher - but is overall a much better film. TJ is great in it. He hasn't done a role like this before, be sure of that. A very emotional flick for the man. Go see this film people, and you will be glued to your seats throughout those 2 hours. Everybody that saw it with me liked it, and I really can't point out any problems with the film.

-TL

I saw The Mist today and I'm not sure what to say...the final two minutes shocked me...I think I'm still getting over it... Whew, ok, don't want to give anything away. I'll comment more later, when I have more time.

Anyone else see it? What did you all think of the film?

Jen

Just saw the Mist. Man, that ending is still on my mind. It was an hour drive back home and that's all I could think about. Some guy in the theater turned to me and said "That was a jackass ending". I just looked at him and said, "No, it was great"

The end is one of those things where I'm not sure as a writer that I would want to go there, but I love it when someone has the balls to do it and stick with it. I could see this ending being trashed by some screening group. Glad to see that Frank stuck by it, considering that it was not the ending in the book.

All in all, great film. The ending is shocking and I still have mixed feelings on it, although I love that they decided to take the hard way out.

On another note, I noticed a few "geek" things in the Mist. Most noticably was the poster art for the Thing. I'm guessing the poster that David was working on in the begining was Dark Tower. The thing that got me really excited was I noticed in the pharmacy that when David grabs a comic for Billy, it was an issue of Hellboy (I'm 95% sure on that). Hmmm, I wonder?