Tim Bradstreet

Hot Off The Boards

Started 28 Days Later for BOOM!/FOX almost 4 months ago but they were keeping things under wraps.

I noticed they finally released the first cover image though as of now I've already completed 4 issues.

The first 4 issues are a nifty little bridge between 28 Days and 28 Weeks from a story by franchise creator/screenwriter Alex Garland.

Co-Written by Michael Alan Nelson with art by Declan Shalvey.

Because of the connection to the film franchise I decided to make the first 4 issues look like the 28 Days/Weeks marketing artwork (ie, movie posters).

I'll continue on after issue 4 for as long as I'm having fun.

Starting with issue #5 I'll be changing gears and bringing a new look to the series covers.

Also of note, this series is led by the character of Selena, one of only 3 survivors from the first film.

She's bad ass.

From BOOM's listing -

"Alex Garland, screenwriter of 28 DAYS LATER, lays out a story connecting the film 28 DAYS LATER to its sequel 28 WEEKS LATER in a new ongoing series! Focusing on Selena, on of the three survivors of the first film, as she embarks on an epic journey of Selena’s return to Great Britain! Co-written by HEXED and FALL OF CTHULHU’s Michael Alan Nelson and drawn by newcomer sensation Declan Shalvey."

Cover for issue #1

28Days1FFinal.jpg

- TB

I did end up finding this posted online so I'm sure it's safe to reveal here.

Cover to 28 Days Later issue #2

28Days2F.jpg

- TB

Here's a piece I did on my own time, it's not a cover or illustration from anything specific . . . yet.

Hell Patrol -

HellPatrolBW.jpg

Hell Patrol Detail -

HellPatrolBWdtl.jpg

I've got more 28 Days Later, Punisher Noir, and Luke Cage Noir stuff around the corner. Just waiting for the all clear to post.

Also have a mountain of El Borak, Kirby O'Donnell - Desert Adventures Of Robert E. Howard stuff I hope I can show off soon.

It may not look like it, but I've been very very busy lately ;)

- TB

Here's a few new Noir covers and one I missed -

Luke Cage Noir #2 -

CageNoir2F.jpg

Luke Cage Noir #3 - Just finished this one.

CageNoir3F1.jpg

Punisher Noir #3

PunisherNoir3F2.jpg

Hope you dig.

- TB

I decided to skip a few 28 Days Later covers since the first 4 are all in the same design wheelhouse.

Those will surface soon enough. By the way, the first issue of 28 Days Later hits shops next Thursday.

Now with the first story arc out of the way and with the departure of series creator Alex Garland the covers likewise switch gears.

Here is the cover for 28 Days Later issue 5 -

28DaysLater5F.jpg

I'll post #6 soon, it will be the first real look at my leading lady with no gasmask.

I just sent it over to Fox for approval and Eric Lieb had this to say . . . and I quote "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!" ;)

I hope that's a good thing. Can't wait to show it off to you folks!

Also -

Here is the final cover for issue 4 - Luke Cage Noir!

I think this one's my favorite.

Cagenoir4F1.jpg

Feedback here

- TB

In the interest of keeping a record of new art produced here I'm also adding the new Dark Country stuff which I previously posted in that thread.

Here's the goodies -

Dark Country - Spectre of the Road - Poster style "A"

Bloodyface2alt1RF.jpg

Dark Country - Saul Bass Remix - Poster style "B"

DarkCountryPremingerStyleB2F1.jpg

Dark Country - Unofficial DVD sleeve art - Standard Edition

DarkCountryDVDsml.jpg

Dark Country - Unofficial DVD sleeve art - Criterion Edition

DarkCountryCriterionsml.jpg

- TB

I'm probably still jumping the gun but fuck it.

Here's the cover for 28 Days Later #6 - My full reveal of Selena.

My Selena model is longtime friend Delicia Turner-Sonnenberg.

She's an awesome theater director down here in SD.

Hope you dig the cover.

28 Days Later #6

28DaysLater6F-1.jpg

- TB

Got an opportunity the other night to work on a Red Sky Diary illustration I'd been planning for a while.

Hope you like -

"Unto Death"

UntoDeathF1.jpg

- TB

Here's a gander at a couple of upcoming covers -

First off, 28 Days Later #8. Just wanted to do something simple and serene and then stick a big gore splashed machete into the mix and turn the concept around 180 degrees ;

28DaysLater8F.jpg

Next up is an incomplete look at Punisher: Get Castle - I'm still working on this and adding little things, perfecting the rain effect etc . . .

May add just wee bit more color into the sky.

This is as close as it comes to being back on the MAX book as it continues the Yorkie storyline. More info here.

PunisherGetCastleF.jpg

Hope ya dig.

Hot off the Boards talkback here.

Here's a look at my latest Rogue Angel cover for book 26 - The Dragon's Mark

Also a look at the back cover. Each of the Rogue books has a half back cover that I do as well.

I generally get a little more freedom with those. They all feature Annja Creed's sword (the sword of Joan Of Arc) and they nearly always are comprised of story elements.

The back cover to book 26 is no exception.

Hope you like. I'm pretty jazzed about this one.

RA26front_back.jpg

Feedback here.

- TB

The following illustrations are for a new book project I'm working on.

Still working on my title but here's the gist, at the end of the day I'm going to have 12-15 illustrations completed.

For each of the illustrations I'm having a writer pal create a story to go with it . . . the normal creative process in reverse.

Once I have something like 3000 words from each of the writers I'll go back and add a spot illustration or two to each of the stories.

I want to print it oversized, like an art book, and do some sweet and nifty book design, make this motherfucker really sing.

Some of the writers I'm involving are (so far) - Todd Farmer, Steve Niles, Warren Ellis, Mark Hosack, Brian Azzarello, David J. Schow, Stephen Romano, Bruce Jones, Gary Whitta, and I'll write the Red Sky Diary entry.

This book will also include the recent illustration, Hell Patrol, posted elsewhere in this thread.

Hoping to have the art wrapped by end of summer.

Anyway, here are 2 pieces I've finished recently.

The Hunting Party -

TheHuntingPartyBW.jpg

Aftermath - from Red Sky Diary -

GsllowsAftermathF.jpg

I'm all ears if you have a suggestion for a title, but PLEASE, serious ideas only my friends.

Respond in the feedback here.

Thanks - TB

I was just given the green light to release some of the imagery created for Robert E. Howard's: El Borak and other Desert Adventures -

Here's a few of the illustrations.

Full page illustration from Son Of The White Wolf

SonoftheWhiteWolfFullF.jpg

Title page illustration -

REHTitlepage2F.jpg

Frontispiece -

REHTitlepage1F.jpg

Vignette from The Daughter Of Erlik Khan -

Vig3.jpg

hope you dig.

I had a ball makin' 'em.

Feedback here.

More to come.

- TB

Finished this Rogue Angel image for book 27 earlier this month.

I'm not very excited about the background so I'm presenting it here as just the figure of Annja Creed.

Interested parties will see the full cover soon enough. I just felt it was a little underwhelming.

It's what they wanted and the client was happy, go figure.

I'm going to make the whole cover for book 28 rock.

Rogue Angel - Book 27 - Phantom Prospect

RogueAngel27R4sml.jpg

- TB

I hate big gaps, but it happens when I'm sworn to secrecy by my clients.

I've been working like a madman for the past few months but these crazy clients . . . They have to hire this stuff out months and months before release dates.

In many cases the projects haven't even been officially announced. I have like 10-15 covers sitting here that I'm bound by contract or client trust NOT to show you guys until the appointed time.

All that to say, maybe I should re-title this thread "NOT SO Hot Off The Boards" ;)

Luckily, commissions hold no such official authority over my head - To wit . . .

Here is a commission for a project called Shattered Empire.

SE is the brainchild of one Mr. Michael Hess, better known to our board family as simply, "Mike".

Mike commissioned this from me many months ago and I was only recently presented with a timely hole in my schedule large enough to accommodate it's finish.

I love big fat sentences ;)

Mike did his homework. He knows me, knows that my schedule dictates, and is wonderfully patient ;)

He's also prepared. Shattered Empire is a concept, a story that has been well thought out and meticulously researched.

So yeah, good stuff and good stuff inspires me.

Mike hired the services of one Mrs. Jane Park Smith, a gorgeous and generous soul whom Mike and I have met on our RAW travels.

Jane came in for a shoot at my studio and the rest was history.

Mike also went nuts with the props, but I'll let him explain the story more accurately than I could relate here in the feedback.

Now after the shoot we ended up doing a very rare thing. Mike actually sat here in my studio and observed while I composed this cover design.

It was pretty fucking cool for me too. Having the client right next to me to bounce shit off of was an extreme luxury.

And what's great about Mike is that he let me roll. He let me do my thing and didn't slow me up by peppering me with minutia.

I asked him simply to delve inside his story and this character and relate visual markers to me.

He'd toss out an idea and if it sparked with me I'd start building the reference and trying things out, moving elements around the composition with the figure of Jane anchoring.

It was kinda like jazz, we just riffed until we found it.

And Mike thought I'd just pulled him out of his domicile that night (and from a planned nap) just to fuck with him ;)

Anyway . . .

This one's called, Windsong -

ShatteredRGBF.jpg

BIG thanks to Mike Hess.

- TB

Here's a new one which was recently leaked on the internet so I figure it's safe to post at last.

Rebellion, my client, has asked that I offer no details yet concerning this image.

Anyway, dream come true to get to draw Judge Dredd and get paid for it to boot!

Judge Dredd

DreddR2F.jpg

- TB

Feedback

Been increasingly absent from the boards for a few weeks, just one of those chaotic times, you know . . . we all experience them from time to time ;)

Anyway, I won't go into detail about why I've been less visible here, it's mostly family stuff , which is necessarily made more difficult when you live 2000 miles away from your loved ones.

Without further ado -

Here's a sneak peek at my hot off the boards (literally) cover for The Punisher: Hot Rods of Death, from M@rvel M@X.

Please do not leak this image anywhere else for now. I'm jumping the gun by showing you so please keep under wraps until late August.

Hot Rods 'o DEATH -

PunMHotRodsofDeathBW.jpg

Feedback here

- TB

Coupla new ones -

Punisher: Tiny Ugly World - One Shot

PunMTUWBW.jpg

Bullseye: The Perfect Game - 2 issue - This is both covers done as single composition

BullseyePG12_F.jpg

More goodies soon - TB

feedback thread

It's been a while since I've been able to update this thread.

Just a lot of jobs awaiting pre-release and no one likes when the artists blow stuff out to the public before they've had a chance to make their own thunder.

So it goes. It is the way. However, I've been known to break the rules from time to time and I figure it's high time I skipped school ;)

Here's a fat sneak peek at my final cover for IRON MAN: The Rapture #4

Black and white -

IronManRapture4BWf.jpg

Color, by me and Grant Goleash. Mister Grant did the gorgeous work on the figures of Iron Man and War Machine. Hell yeah.

IronManRapture4F.jpg

Got some more stuff I'm aching to show ya and I also have a super cool gig in-studio right now.

All I can say is that it's a poster for a film, a film based on a very popular character.

That should put the 'tease' in TEASER ;)

Feedback

More soon.

- TB

Also just discovered that my Walking Dead cover has been publicized by Zedura so it's safe to show this thing off and promote the issue it graces ;)

There is also an interview with yours truly inside this issue. Lots of artwork too but you guys have seen a lot of that already ;)

I hope you pick up this issue as there is some SWEET coverage of Frank Darabont's AMC opus, The Walking Dead - Interviews with Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, and Charlie Adlard.

Also an interview with my comrade Steve Niles!

Check it out here

Order it here

Zedura Cover - Black and white line illustration

ZeduraWDBW.jpg

Zedura Cover in full color with trade dress. Color by TB with assist from Grant Goleash.

TimBradstreetFeature-1.jpg

Feedback

- TB

More new goodies -

Black and white line art for Iron Man: The Rapture - Issue #2

IronManRaptureBWCnaked.jpg

Here it is in full color, er, well, desaturated color ;)

IronManRapture2F.jpg

And here is the most recent cover for the novel series, Rogue Angel: Book 32 - The Oracle's Message

RogueAngel32Fsml.jpg

That's the trifecta ;)

Cheers - TB

FEEDBACK

Here's a new tidbit fairly hot off the presses, this time for the relaunch of the franchise that put Clive Barker on the map in the US of A, HELLRAISER -

Hellraiser1Ftb.jpg

Hellraiser and Clive are BACK!

He's only really touched Hellraiser twice before, when he wrote The Hellbound Heart, and when he wrote and directed the first film.

Everything else to do with Hellraiser took on a life of it's own through the guidance of 'other' creators.

So it's a very special thing indeed to have Clive back onboard and masterminding this next chapter in the continuity.

YES, there is a new film in the works, but Clive pretty much sold all film rights when he got the deal to write and direct the original film.

He'll be a part of that in name only.

With the new comic series from Boom Studios he's 100% involved and sharing actual scripting credit with co-writer, Christopher Monfette.

The interiors of the new book will be drawn by none other than my 'ol partner, Leonardo Manco!

Leo and I enjoyed a nice cover/interior artist relationship on HELLBLAZER a few years back. His stuff is just awesome.

First issue hits stands in March.

Stand by for a whole lotta more.

You're gonna shit when you see what Clive has up his sleeve ;)

FEEDBACK -

- TB

Here's a preview of my cover for Savage Sword #2, featuring our own mista Jane as Robert E. Howard's, El Borak.

SavageSword2F.jpg

I'm supposed to illustrate an 8 page story for issue #2 as well, but so far I still have no script and it's due in March.

The editor knows I want 8 weeks to do the artwork and time is ticking away once again.

Once again ya say? Well, ya see originally I was tabbed to do this story for issue #1 . . .

Except I never received that elusive script. Time was running out so they pushed my story to issue #2.

I'm thinking, here we go again.

I'll update in a dedicated thread once this thing actually gets underway.

- TB

Feedback here

Been a while . . .

Here's a few new covers -

Hellraiser - Issue's 2 and 3

Hellraiser23.jpg

Iron Siege #3

IronSiege3Fclean.jpg

And best for last - Jennifer Blood #5 - Likely also the first trade collection cover.

JenniferBlood5F.jpg

Feedback here

- TB