Tim Bradstreet

Hot Off The Boards - Feedback

The b&w is jaw dropping. Can't wait to see the rest.

With all the commotion surrounding Thor and the impending film, I would like to see Tim take a crack at him. I can only imagine the possibilities.

There is a mini coming out, Iron Man: The Rapture. This is issue one. If you are on Tim's fan page on facebook, you can get a peek at the b&w. Cool stuff.

Here's a look for ya Mike -

IronManRaptureBW.jpg

More Iron Man goodness just posted in the Hot off the Boards mother thread.

- TB

Nice work.

Now, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out that movie poster you're doing.

Nice work on Iron Man. The Walking Dead is not bad either ;)

I ordered a copy from the Zedura site. Can't wait for it to show up. Iron Man is a nice departure from the Punisher covers (though I still need my fill of Frank). I like the backgrounds and the use of the circuitry. Still, I'm hoping we get to see you take a crack at Thor. He's never been a regular on my list of reads, so I don't know much about him; I can deffinatly see you owning that character. I'd like to see that "major charcter" be Thor, but it's you, so I'm up for anything you're willing to throw out :D

Thanks, JWeb -

Hmmm, Thor. Could be a fun book to do if there was some kind of straight take on his world.

Think about Thor as more a Viking saga, reduce the Superhero quotient and I'd LOVE to take on THOR.

For some covers anyway ;)

The poster I'm working on is not THOR.

I really had a ball doing that last Iron Man cover.

And for reasons of scheduling I've still not completed the cover to issue #2.

It's going to rate up there with issue 4 for sure.

Got it laid out and approved but still have yet to illustrate it.

Issues 1 and 2 of Iron Man: The Rapture were double-shipped, so they only needed the one cover for that.

Issue 3 was an experiment of sorts. Not sure why I chose to do that in the middle of an arc of covers but I somehow just felt compelled to try something different.

It's an equal mix of line art/photo retouch/and hand painted textures.

Here's a peek -

IronManRapture3C.jpg

It's definitely different from the rest which kinda bums me, continuity-wise.

Still, it was a situation where the piece dictated to me how I was going to bring it to life, and I never fight that when the art compels me, for better or worse ;)

- TB

Wow! Beautiful work on the Iron Man. The colors are so gorgeous. :)

Thanks for adding that tease. Now, I'm going to be thinking about this for awhile. :P The hint you gave was so basic. How in the world are we suppose to guess?

Please give us another hint. Please. :D

The Walking Dead cover is really nice.

Oh, and the movie poster you are doing is for Little Fockers isn't it? It has to be.

The new Iron Man is fantastic. Continuity, shmontinuity, I'm glad you let the art dictate that one. I love the other suits in the bg. The cover gives off the vibe that there's a darker tone to this one. The suit that stands out for me is the one under the Hulkbuster (I think it's the Hulkbuster, I'm not up to snuff on my IM suits). That one is just wicked looking. Makes me wish Favreau would take the third to a darker place.

The new Iron Man is fantastic. Continuity, shmontinuity, I'm glad you let the art dictate that one. I love the other suits in the bg. The cover gives off the vibe that there's a darker tone to this one. The suit that stands out for me is the one under the Hulkbuster (I think it's the Hulkbuster, I'm not up to snuff on my IM suits). That one is just wicked looking. Makes me wish Favreau would take the third to a darker place.

Iron Man doesn't need to be dark, the tone they set up in the films is perfect. I would hate it if they did that for the third one.

Found this over at CBR. Gotta say this is the most bad ass cover I've seen from you yet! Once I get these other proofs from you framed, any chance I can order one of these bad boys?

Found this over at CBR. Gotta say this is the most bad ass cover I've seen from you yet! Once I get these other proofs from you framed, any chance I can order one of these bad boys?

What the hell is that from?

Oh, and the movie poster you are doing is for Little Fockers isn't it? It has to be.

The secret is out. ;)

Mike V - Did you spot my little homage to Escape From New York in that Iron Man #3 cover?

;)

- TB

Mike V - Did you spot my little homage to Escape From New York in that Iron Man #3 cover?

;)

- TB

I'll be damned, nice one.

Nice Hellraiser cover. It's nice to know that Barker is taking his creation into path that he wants, I'm still waiting on the Scarlett Gospels damnit.

Very nice Tim. You and Clive just seem to fit. Age of Desire was great, so I can't wait to see more. Are you going to do covers monthly, or is this just a one-off? Either way, spectacular.

Mike, all good things come to those who wait, and it's been a long wait. I'm glad Clive is taking his time. From interviews, that will be the last word Clive has on the Hellraiser world, so if it's going to end (at least with Clive) I can wait.

Glad to see Clive getting his fingers messy with this series again. His involvment is sorly missed. I've seen/read most of the other material and it ranges from very few who get it to way the hell out in left field.

By the way, there are 3(?) covers. Tim's cover is the one used on Clive's site for info on the comic.

Yes, I'm the regular ongoing cover guy.

Boom does alternate covers for a lot of their books. My stuff will be cover A, while the alternates are listed as 'B' covers.

Not sure if the B covers will alternate in terms of artists contributing but I have to assume that's the plan.

The first B cover is by Nick Percival. Not sure if he's doing the B cover to issue #2.

I'm nearly finished with Hellraiser #2 - Had to get them something slightly unfinished for their solicitation and will wrap that as soon as I'm back from the Holidays.

As some of you are aware, I was recently "let go" on Criminal Macabre. Still not totally clear about why, but apparently they were after a change.

HELLRAISER will be the new beneficiary of every dark, macabre, gothic, hardcore concept I've got rolling around in my gulliver.

I plan to unleash HELL . . . literally ;)

It is indeed a nice opportunity to work with Clive again. One of my best mates ever, Robb Humphries, has been working as one of Clive's assistants at SERAPHIM for many years and it's absolutely awesome to be back in contact with Clan Barker. All at Seraphim are a wonderful support, an entity that TRULY understands and embraces the creative mind. The relationships never end when the project does, which is one of the very reasons I was called to service here. We've all remained in touch over the years and I aim to do some of my very best work on this title. It's personal.

- TB

VERY excited about this. Barker back with some Hellraiser, Bradstreet on covers and Leo Manco on interiors. I think Boom has a hit on their hands.

Hellraiser has been a favorite of mine for years. Was fortunate enough to book Doug Bradley to come out and speak at the college I attended years ago. Such a cool cat. We had one of the best memories of my college experience driving around in my beater car, talking about God and such. Almost ran out of gas on the way from Tulsa, OK to Joplin, MO and in the process introduced Doug to his first real life, free-roaming buffalo. Then, a good pal of mine who introduced me to Barker's work and was so excited about Bradley being in town was kicked in the ass by a life-long debilitating condition. When I told Doug, he offered to go to the guy's house. We sat in my friend's living room and bullshitted for an hour or so. Phenomenal guy!

I met him again last year (about 10 years after the fact) and we talked for 2 minutes. He barely remembered who I was, but it was great to see him again. Hear they are doing a reboot. Hope they capture the essence of Barker and Bradley in the flick.

Excellent work on the cover as usual Mr. Bradstreet. Hoping to run into you again in March.