Tim Bradstreet

Hot Off The Boards - Feedback

Next cover it looks like she's going toe to toe with Fredrick's of Hollywood ;)

- tb

I like your style, Tim ;)

If anyone has not had a chance to check it out, the book is pretty damn fun.

On cover #11, I like how you blance her feminimity (her shirt top) with her deadliness (gun and leather). It's one of my favorites in the series because I feel it says a lot about the character.

Jennifer is a pretty great character. She really is the female Punisher, which is how Garth broke the character down for me at the beginning.

Naturally there are a lot of other variables, Jennifer being a mother and a wife by day and a vigilante by night - Lots of fun scenarios for when she has to drug the husband and kids so she can go out and lay down the law.

Hell, it worked so good in the comics that I tried drugging my own wife and kid so I could go out with the boys and lay down some law . . . KIDDING (Don't try this at home folks) -

I've had a lot of fun with it. #12 was set to be my last (I don't think I ever thought of Jennifer as a long-haul job), but the publisher wants to keep me on the book.

I'm still wrestling with staying until issue #18. We'll see.

I've taken on some other new projects including True Blood at IDW so if I stayed on Jennifer I'd be doing . . . 5 monthly covers . . .

Star Trek and True Blood for IDW, Jennifer Blood at Dynamite, and Hellraiser and "Title to be announced", at Boom Studios.

Plus there's Rogue Angel, Bi-Monthly, so that'd be 6 covers every other month . . . Confused? Yeah, it's a lot to handle.

As I mentioned, Jennifer Blood #12 was to be a bit of a swan song so it looks like something that would be my last. We'll see.

I'll post that cover soon.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

I think I have a crush on your model for Jennifer Blood. ;)

Loving the cover with the sniper rifle and the long black gloves. Very nice!

Wow! All these new drawings are amazing (as always), Tim. I'm especially loving the Trek drawings. Not only are the drawings jaw-droppingly good, but they give the classic characters a more modern edge that makes them pop. Love it! Your Jennifer Blood work is awesome too!

Wow Tim, that Black Death piece is hands down one of my favorites, not that hot chicks with really big guns are easily over looked either, Jblood is fuck'n kick'n it man...

Guest AdminGuyX

Hey Tim, anything new hot off the boards for 2012 you care to share?????

Hmmmmm????

:)

It's been a log-jam lately and have a big glut of stuff to get out of here over the next two weeks.

Once the smoke clears I'll be posting some new. Plus, just wanted to warn you all, working on a new art book collection -

- tb

I want to echo that sentiment.

I was looking at Boom Studios site today and noticed that you do not have a cover for issue 9 for Hellraiser. Is there one, or did they choose not to go with it? I see you had a rejected issue for 12, which looked good to me.

Also, I found a colored verion of the Hellraiser Annual. The pencil drawing was amazing. When I saw the colored version it hit me, is that Tom on the cover?

HellraiserAnnual_01_CVA.jpg

Yep, part Tom, the hat and the left side of the face. The pinhead part of the face with eye flare belongs to my pal Tim Daley.

The body belongs to my brother in-law, Stevhan ;)

Sometime you gotta FRANKENSTEIN ;)

- TB

With a monster like Pinhead, going Frankenstein seems like a good idea
:D

It's pretty damn cool, that's all I gotta say. This series has just been flat out great. I like the bold direction they went in. I'm really hoping that when this ends that it dove-tails into the long awaited Scarlet Gospels. News on that has been pretty quiet as of late.

How many more issues have they asked you to do? It lookes like the sales are good on the book, and they made it past the original arc.

Guest AdminGuyX
Sometime you gotta FRANKENSTEIN

You should see the shop when I'm building prop guns. ;)

Any chance of getting a higher res image of that cover? It looks bad ass.

Hellraiser 11 is creepy as hell and a bit disturbing, but in a good way.

Glad to see they got you for a few more Jennifer Blood covers, they are fun. Not too many women kicking ass books out there. I love what you did for #12, the blood stains on the floor mixed with the white background and Jennifer as calm as can be in lace. This sums up the crazy cool that she is. I'm also digging the incentive cover with the "Shock Festival" disclaimer. I'd see that film.

Wow, that might be my favourite cover you've done yet! Chopping different sources together really surreal look.

Wow, that might be my favourite cover you've done yet! Chopping different sources together really surreal look.

Are you referring to the Hellraiser 11 cover?

- TB

Are you referring to the Hellraiser 11 cover?

- TB

Yes sir. There's a lot of elements there that worked out very nicely.

Wow, just realized my original comment had a very poorly written second sentence. I'm kind of an idiot.

"Chopping up different sources together created a really surreal look." There we go, that's what I meant.

Heheh, Awesome, and thanks!

Really love that Hellraiser cover.

Pleased me no end that Clive really dug the piece, and I think he wants BOOM! to do a poster of it.

New stuff just added - Check the main thread

- TB

Your Star Trek #8 is phenomenal!

The Hellraiser cover is tremendous! I love that different parts of people fit together to make up this man & that there are puzzle pieces framing him. Very clever. :D