WATCHMEN

Arsh

MySpace.com has debuted this new featurette on director Zack Snyder's Watchmen, coming to conventional theaters and IMAX on March 6th. The big screen adaptation stars Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Carla Gugino, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Patrick Wilson.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51626

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope watchmen will be released in 2009 otherwise i spam 20 centuary fox to hell,where they belong.

these little rats cant produce any good or even watchable movie besides James Cameron's "Avatar".

On the heels of a judge's ruling that Warner Bros. infringed on Fox's copyright in making the adaptation of "Watchmen," Warners released a behind-the-scenes look at the highly-anticipated film.

Click here for the video

The Japanese Watchmen trailer has hit and it includes new footage from the anticipated Zack Snyder adaptation, opening in theaters and IMAX on March 6. The Warner Bros. release stars Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Carla Gugino, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Patrick Wilson.

Click here for clip

Fox’s legal battle with Warner Bros. over Watchmen is starting to have the feel of a Red Sox vs. Yankees slugfest, but David Poland feels that all is fair in love and contract infringements.

Poland’s The Hot Blog has a pretty cut and dry explanation of why fanboys need to ease up on the Fox bashing. His reasoning goes a little something like this:

“If any of you lent a friend $10,000 to start a business they needed $200,000 to really start and you had the understanding that if they ever got their funding, you would be paid back, and if not, you would own some percentage of the business… and your friend took your money, almost got funded but didn’t, then ultimately did, but acted as though you didn’t exist…”

It’s an argument I can definitely understand. As mad as I am at Fox, the reality is that Warner Bros. needs to do whatever it takes to settle this dispute. They went to court, they were found in the wrong, end of story. Does the way that Fox is handling the situation damage their reputation? Yes, without question. But the true damage stands to be done to Watchmen and Warner Bros. if they can’t find a way to get this stain on their project removed.

Continue reading: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/davi...-their-eyes.php

I've just finished reading Watchmen, although I'm gonna have to read it several more times before I fully grasp it. What do people here think about all the confirmed changes?

I'm a bit worried by the squid being cut out of the film and if they dont replace it with something else that does the exact same thing i dont know how they will keep the ending intact.

I'm a bit worried by the squid being cut out of the film and if they dont replace it with something else that does the exact same thing i dont know how they will keep the ending intact.

I'm pretty sure I know what they're using to replace the squid. It could work.

Where did Ozy get the squid anyway? I can't figure that out.

Where did Ozy get the squid anyway? I can't figure that out.

It was genetically engineered in the comic. I believe the reason it was cut from the movie was because the story was already so involved that the addition of the squid subplot would cause the movie to drag.

It was genetically engineered in the comic. I believe the reason it was cut from the movie was because the story was already so involved that the addition of the squid subplot would cause the movie to drag.

Why didn't I get that? I must have read it too fast. Still think they should have left it in though. What do you guys think of the other changes?

The only other changes I know of really besides small story details that may have been changed are the costumes. And I don't really have a problem with them.

The only other changes I know of really besides small story details that may have been changed are the costumes. And I don't really have a problem with them.

Are there any kinds of spoiler tags that I can use here to talk about stuff I know about without you having to see it unless ya want to?

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the 10th Watchmen Video Journal online in QuickTime format at Apple.com!

Opening March 6th in conventional theaters and IMAX, the Zack Snyder-directed adaptation stars Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Carla Gugino, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Patrick Wilson.

Watchmen is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock" - which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union - is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed-up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion - a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers - Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity...but who is watching the Watchmen?

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51734

The Los Angeles Times says that lawyers for 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros. have agreed to let a federal judge decide whether Warner Bros. will be allowed to release Watchmen on March 6, forgoing a jury trial that could have put the high-profile film's future into even longer limbo.

In court papers filed Monday with U.S. District Judge Gary A. Feess, attorneys for Fox and Warner Bros. jointly said they would let the judge decide Jan. 20 whether Fox could block the film's theatrical distribution as Fox has been seeking all along as part of its copyright infringement lawsuit against Warner Bros.

In a preliminary ruling issued Dec. 24, Feess said Fox, and not Watchmen producer and distributor Warner Bros., owned the right to distribute the film. Warner Bros. is a unit of Time Warner Inc., and Fox is owned by News Corp.

In his December ruling, the judge urged the warring studios to negotiate a settlement, but no deal has been reached.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51757

Are there any kinds of spoiler tags that I can use here to talk about stuff I know about without you having to see it unless ya want to?

Yes, use "Insert: SPOILER" from the menu to the left of when you post for spoiler tags - or just type without the spaces, [ spoiler] your text [ / spoiler ] :)

A scheduled Tuesday court conference between Fox and Warner Bros. attorneys has been cancelled, fueling talk that a settlement in the contentious Watchmen case is imminent.

Fox sued Warners last February, saying the studio infringed on its rights to make the comic book adaptation. In December, when federal judge Gary A. Feess ruled that Fox has distribution rights to the film, Warners faced the prospect of having the film's March 6 release blocked.

Settlement talks between the two sides became serious over the weekend and continued to heat up yesterday.

A settlement could cost Warners tens of millions of dollars as Fox is reportedly asking for upfront fees as well as a percentage of the back-end.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51926

And . . . FINALLY!

It all began on August 18th and finally came to a conclusion today, January 15th. Warner Brothers and Fox have settled over the Watchmen legal case that reached its pinnacle on Christmas Eve when Judge Gary A. Feess stated that Fox "owns a copyright interest consisting of, at the very least, the right to distribute." After meeting for weeks, the two movie studios have settled and Warner Brothers will still be releasing the film on March 6th as planned. Fox will receive a "sizable cash payment" as well as a percentage of the film's box office take. Fox will not be a co-distributor nor will it own a piece of the Watchmen property.

Thankfully this legal battle has ended peacefully and all the fans will get to see Watchmen on March 6th as planned. We were always hoping all along that this would end this way and I'm glad that it did. As much as I could argue about Fox getting money that they don't deserve, at this point it's great to see it end up this way. I think more than anything, producer Lloyd Levin made the most important statement regarding this legal battle and I the most I can do is point you towards that letter yet again. It's time to forget about the legalities and just get ready to enjoy Watchmen in just over 50 more days! Rejoice geeks, it's coming!

Source: http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/15/war...-over-watchmen/

In a press release today, Warner has revealed that they “will release both the soundtrack and original score to the feature film Watchmen on March 3rd — three days before the March 6th release of the highly anticipated feature film.” Bizarrely, when you head on over to the soundtracks’ main site, http://www.watchmenmusic.com, the date very clearly says February 24, 2009. For now I’ll assume that the website is correct, since it can be easily corrected and press releases are forever (this post will be corrected later if that turns out not to be the case).

Continue reading: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/01/22/watchm...tails-revealed/

• 2 weeks later...
Some viewers have already gotten a glimpse of this image, as it's the same as the cover for Music soundtrack, but this is the final poster for director Zack Snyder's Watchmen. Opening in conventional and IMAX theaters on March 6, the graphic novel adaptation stars Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Carla Gugino, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Patrick Wilson.

FINAL Watchmen Poster

• 3 weeks later...
Warner Brothers has released images from Watchmen Portraits, a companion book of photos shot during the making of Zack Snyder's upcoming movie adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' graphic novel.

Snyder hired photographer Clay Enos to document the making of the movie, and that effort will result in three coffee-table books to be published shortly, one of which is Watchmen Portraits, exclusively dedicated to 220 on-set street and studio-style portraits made during production. Recent covers of Entertainment Weekly and Empire Magazine have featured that work as well.

You can see more of Enos' beautiful black-and-white portraits after the jump.

Continue reading: http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/check-out-the...om-watchmen.php

Two new extended clips from near the beginning of Watchmen have gone live on YouTube, introduced by director Zack Snyder. You can watch them back to back after the jump.

The clips feature Rorschach (Jackie Earle Haley). Watchmen opens in conventional theaters and IMAX on March 6.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/new-clip-of-r...is-now-live.php

LONDON (Reuters) - The $120 million comic book adaptation "Watchmen," one of 2009's most eagerly awaited films, has had its world premiere in London, and reviews on Tuesday generally cast the movie as classy but no classic.

The red carpet launch late on Monday of the special effects-laden action thriller is the culmination of years of to-ing and fro-ing over scripts, budgets and, finally, a legal dispute between rival Hollywood studios.

Directed by Zack Snyder, whose "300" was a box office winner in 2007, Watchmen is based on a 1986 comic book series of the same name written by Briton Alan Moore and illustrated by compatriot Dave Gibbons.

Critics gave it mixed reviews, with several predicting approval from the hardcore comic book fan fraternity.

Continue reading: http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainme...E51N0FU20090225

• 2 weeks later...

Well?...anybody besides me see this yet?

1st off, I've got to open with an honest opinion...I hate, absolutely hate the comic...but then I don't like most of Alan Moore's work anyway. That said, I wanted to see this because visually it looked like it could be amazing to view on a big screen. And there are some stunning moments...and there are some underwhelming moments.

The acting is solid (for the most part) and I think it is a pretty true to the comic creation. I think if you loved the books, you'll love this flick. If you didn't love the books, then like me, you will think this is an overly long somewhat boring in spots movie. And that at the end of it you will feel it was incredibly...average... I'd give it somewhere between a C+ or B-.

But I will give a lot of props to inkspot...he freaking nailed it.

I saw this last night, and I thought is was pretty damn good. Most reviews have said that the length is a drawback, and I can see that. There is a lot of stuff they could have cut and no one would have missed it if they have not read the book, but having read the book (the last time was about 3 years ago) I felt is was pretty faithful. Obviously the ending was changed, that's been talked about for quite some time, but over all it kept as much of the book in tact as it could.

The only thing I really didn't care for was the ending. I thought they tried to make it "worse" than what the book did, but the effect on me was not the same and the explanation of what happened seemed to linger too long. Plus, the squid on the staidum in the book was one of the iconic images. Maybe it was because I knew what was going to happen that the imapct was not as great, or the fact that when reading you control the pace. Either way, it was still good. Oh, and if you have a 5 year old who wants to see this because you thought it looked like Batman, don't take them. The guy next to my wife was complaining to her for the first hour of the movie (then they left, that was right around the rape scene) because of the language, violence and sex. It's rated R and there are explainations why it's rated R posted in the trailers and on the poster. Might want to do the "good parenting" thing and look into that next time before you scare the crap out of your kid.

Zack Snyder's best film yet.

really great visuals and cool story with interesting ending...

Archived