sidewaysgaze

Killshot

I don't know what the latest info is, but from what I heard a while back, after much back 'n' forth, and change of release dates, Killshot is supposed to be in US movie theaters in Spring 2008...

I hope that's the case! :unsure:

Jen

why has this one been delayed so long?

Aaron

From what I've read ages ago, there was a bunch of in-studio problems - it's supposed to be released by The Weinstein Company - you know, the studio run by brothers Harvey and Bob - and they did "test audience" previews, and supposedly the audience didn't like the ending, or something like that, so the film was fiddled with, and I think Tom even had to go to Canada to do some reshoots early in 2007...and now it's been delayed for what seems like forever.

I know that the writer Elmore Leonard is steamed about all this. He's written stuff on his scrolling messages official site (Killshot the film is based on his novel).

Jen

Man, I want this damn movie to come out. I wanna see Tom and Mickey. Joe and Rosario. Oh, and Diane Lane. Man, this movie looked so good and now it's takin' forever to see the finished product.

-JO

Its gotta be a good one JO. Mickey turned down Deathproof and Kill Bill (Both Quentin films), and said yes to this thing (written by none other than Elmore Leonard). He's thru makin bad movies. Even Stormbreaker was alright. This one's worth the wait.

-TL

I met a girl that saw this thing tonight. She told me she saw it last year at a screening. She had nothin bud good things to say about it, I told her not to tell me a fuckin thing about the story though.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

The trailer looks good. I think it'll be a cool flick.

Mickey Rourke is a great actor, even if he did fall prey to the plastic surgery curse, I like a lot of his films.

Personally, I want to see him in a Mel Brooks comedy, or anything against type, because I'd love to see him show the world what he can do beyond the tough guys.

Angel Heart, Johnny Handsome, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. These are favorites of mine!

Angel Heart has to be his best film - yet I shy away from closing that statement since there's so many other great Mickey Rourke films. The guy shoulda won 6 Best Actor Oscars by now.

-Sin City: The Hard Goodbye, the character of Marv was a fuckin omen of Mickey Rourke's current identity, written a decade before Mickey became him. Mickey is Marv.

-Barfly, He plays Charles Bukowski and who the fuck else coulda played him??? Oscar right there. Who'd they give it to that year?

-The Pope of Greenwich Village, ITS JUST TOO GOOD!!! I can watch it over and over. Movies like that are extinct these days.

-Spun, Playing The Cook and proving that a good actor will always be good regardless of poor decisions with roles and facial damage due to boxing.

-Rumble Fish, "The Motorcycle Boy Reigns." Nothing else to say.

-Year of the Dragon, Cimino's epic movie about the violence in Chinatown, and the man who declares war on it.

The list goes on and on...

-TL

I wonder if this movie even exists... what if it's an urban legend or elaborate prank that TJ and the gang cooked up... shot a teaser and everything just to fuck with our heads.

If that happened, I would not be amused.

Seriously... where is it? The trailer came out like 6 months ago... and nothing since then.

Michael Douglas got the Oscar for Wall Street in 1987. Mickey was 25 times better in Barfly and Angel Heart that year.

Mickey Rourke as Henry Chinaski aka Charles Bukowski...

mickeyrourkeinbarflybao1.jpg

mickeyrourkeinbarfly2lg5.jpg

mickeyrourkeinbarfly3re1.jpg

mickeyrourkeinbarfly4sg6.jpg

mickeyrourkeinbarfly5rd4.gif

mickeyrourkeinbarfly6cc1.jpg

mickeyrourkeinbarfly7bt4.jpg

mickeyrourkeinbarfly8kn7.jpg

mickeyrourkeinbarflybehkg4.jpg

If you haven't seen Barfly, see it and see it fast.

Just the dialogue alone is good: "You hired a dick to find an asshole?" -Mickey

-TL

I'm sure Tom's acting will be very good as always... but from what I've heard and have seen I don't know about this film... the plot this movie has and how the story goes... for me I may not see this movie on screen. I might wait for the DVD.

Killshot went through some extensive reshoots earlier this year. Then they had to re-edit and do some additional post.

When early reports came back from test audiences who saw "The Mist", they were overwhelmingly positive.

Specifically positive in terms of Tom's performance.

So the studio decided to hold Killshot back a bit more in order to benefit from Tom's exposure in Darabont's Stephen King masterpiece. It was already delayed, so what's a few more months if it means a chance for better box office, savvy?

I heard the latest edit is pretty f'ing SOLID.

- tb

Mickey has always been real skeptical about Band Apart (Tarantino/Leonard) projects. Passing on Pulp Fiction was a mistake (Mickey shot 2 garbage films that year: The Last Ride and The Last Outlaw), but I'm ok with his decision on letting go of "both" Kill Bills and Deathproof. He said somewhere that the only thing he liked about Reservoir Dogs was Buscemi. I just think the NEW Mickey is pro-violence, so these kinds of roles like that of the Blackbird will now begin to sit right with the guy. "Old" Mickey by popular opinion was a much better actor. I think both Mickeys are great, the old one just had great finesse...

mickeyrourkeinangelhearfr6.jpg

10 times more Oscar caliber than Michael Douglas in 1987.

-TL

Mickey has always been real skeptical about Band Apart (Tarantino/Leonard) projects. Passing on Pulp Fiction WAS a mistake (Mickey shot 2 garbage films that year: The Last Ride and The Last Outlaw), but I'm ok with his decision on letting go of "both" Kill Bills and Deathproof. He said somewhere that the only thing he liked about Reservoir Dogs was Buscemi. I just think the NEW Mickey is pro-violence, so these kinds of roles like that of the Blackbird will NOW begin to sit right with the guy. "Old" Mickey by popular opinion was a much better actor. I think BOTH Mickeys are great, the old one just had great finesse...

mickeyrourkeinangelhearfr6.jpg

10 times more Oscar caliber than Michael Douglas in 1987.

-TL

Mickey was king.

He had a rough life. Worked hard for what he got and then the industry fucked him and that's when he began the downward spiral.

One of the reasons I think Mickey doesn't like to reflect on his last good films like Angel Heart is it hurts too much to remember the past, he saw alot of himself in Harry Angel, the losing of his soul/life and it doesn't sit well with him. Just my opinion though.

He only did Harley Davidson and The Malboro man for the money and he hated the film. He began to party heavily. Drink alot. Drugs, hells angels, you name it he probably did it.

He was undefeatable in his boxing career but said so himself that he got in at the age that most should be getting out. He was too old and the skin, bones, muscle, etc. wouldn't heal properly and thus began the end of the beautiful Mickey we all loved. I feel for the guy.

He was the man. Even now that he's back you can still see the sadness and emptiness in his eyes.

1440179335_l.jpg

untitled.jpg

JO

This is from Elmore Leonard's blog. Notice that "IMDB" and "inaccurate" are in same sentence! :unsure: I guess we'll have to wait and see...

"IMDB is reporting that Killshot, starring Diane Lane and Mickey Rourke will be released on April 11. The Weinstein Company has not confirmed that or any date.

IMDB reports are notoriously inaccurate. They also list Johnny Knoxville as still in the cast.

Keep an eye on elmoreleonard.com for all the Killshot news when it breaks, including exclusive interviews and a first look at the new Killshot poster and trailer."

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/

Jen

...and from the SouthEast Missourian:

Studio confirms April 11 release date for 'Killshot'

It's official: "Killshot" will be released April 11, according to

spokespeople for The Weinstein Co., the film's studio.

Speculation over an April 11 release began last weekend when the Web

site Internet Movie Database, IMDb.com, reported the date.

Weinstein spokespeople didn't have information immediately available

Tuesday on whether the film would have a wide or limited theatrical

release...

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1305963.html

Finally! It's been a long time coming... Now, when is it hitting Europe!? :P

Yep, I got a confirm from Tom today on April 11.

There is still a question of how it will be released.

No confirmation yet on whether it will get a limited, or wide theatrical release, or if it's a DVD release date.

My money is on it being released theatrically.

If it was going straight to vid we'd have likely been fed more direct info

We should know for sure either way here in a few weeks.

- TB

PS - It is my understanding that Knoxville's performance was indeed removed from the final cut.

Which is a shame. Tom said he was kick ass.

As we are aware, John Madden was back in Toronto last March doing extensive re-shoots of key scenes, scenes re-written by the likes of Madden, Sydney Pollack, and Anthony Minghella. That's quite a fucking pedigree. This is a very different film than the original cut. I've heard it's pretty goddamn good.

Don't know if there will be an LA premiere.