mediumfan

Patricia Arquette thread

I saw that too, Tiara. Sounds verrrrry interesting. I can't wait to see this, but I'm so sad to see the season end. And it's gonna be months before we see more new eps. ( Barring an actors' strike, that is :angry: )

Mediumfan

I always get sad when it is time to say goodbye for a little while...AS LONG as the show is coming back... :lol:

Nice compliment to the show:

Media Life Magazine

I saw this show on DIY the other night called Hollywood Habitat for Humanity, which focused on the annual Jimmy Carter Work Project, which took place in Los Angeles last October, and the show mostly talked about all the people who came out to help with this great cause, especially a lot of celebrities who were there, including Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Dustin Hoffman, and Robin Williams. And guess who else was there, slinging paint for a good cause?

051108_22241a.jpg

051108_222511b.jpg

Yup. Mrs. Thomas Jane had her trusty roller brush and apron and was doing her part to help others. I just love pointing out stuff like this cuz she and TJ do so much good stuff that they never talk about because they don't do it for the recognition, and I think they deserve some kudos.

So, hats off to ya, Patricia and Thomas!

Mediumfan

I am not surprised...she is always doing something wonderful! Thanks for the photos.

You're right. She's always involved in some worthy cause or another, so this didn't surprise me. I'm proud of her for jumpin' in and getting involved.

Glad you like the pics. I know the quality isn't great, but if you want to see more, there's some more at both my Yahoo groups.

Mediumfan

These pics were fine for me. I appreciate it!

I did watch Human Nature last night. It certainly is a quirky film.

<<<<<<<SPOILER SPACE>>>>>>>>

It is so ludicrous, it is obviously a sort of morality tale. So, not taking anything too seriously, it did have a lot of funny scenes in it. And over all it has some very thought provoking ideas presented. However, the ending did leave me a bit flat. I mean Lila would have never gone to prison for Puff if she had know he wouldn't spend the rest of his life back in the wild. But then, he always made it perfectly clear that shagging was his main priority in life. Patricia was very good in the film, but there seemed to be more emphasis on the other characters after the first few minutes.

Anyway, an interesting and unusual movie that did make me think, but the end was a disappointment to me.

JMHO

K-skye

While I'm at it, I'll also post that I watched True Romance for the first time about a month ago. I thought Patricia was one of the best things about the movie. Unfortunately, I thought Christian Slater was one of the weakest parts. It's probably just me, but he is one of those actors who always seems to be the same person on screen. I mean, I never forget that I'm watching the actor, Christian Slater, when he is in a film. So it's difficult for me to get lost in a story on screen when he's in it. However, it was a good story. Kept me hanging in there wondering how it was all going to work out.

Just my 2 cents.

K-skye

I did watch Human Nature last night. It certainly is a quirky film.

<<<<<<<SPOILER SPACE>>>>>>>>

It is so ludicrous, it is obviously a sort of morality tale. So, not taking anything too seriously, it did have a lot of funny scenes in it. And over all it has some very thought provoking ideas presented. However, the ending did leave me a bit flat. I mean Lila would have never gone to prison for Puff if she had know he wouldn't spend the rest of his life back in the wild. But then, he always made it perfectly clear that shagging was his main priority in life. Patricia was very good in the film, but there seemed to be more emphasis on the other characters after the first few minutes.

Anyway, an interesting and unusual movie that did make me think, but the end was a disappointment to me.

JMHO

K-skye

I completely agree about the ending, skye. But I did tell you that it was a quirky film. But it came from the mind of Charlie Kaufman, who wrote Being John Malkovich and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, so what can you expect. ;)

Anyway, I'm glad you at least gave it a try. And to be honest, the first time I saw it, I wasn't blown away either, but after the second time, the meaning of the movie really began to resonate with me, and I fell in love with it. Its humor is definitely offbeat, but it is funny, especially given that it's essentially making fun of our entire society and its obsession with appearance.

And I read an interview recently with Michel Gondry and Patricia Arquette about this movie, and Gondry said that he intentionally wanted to give it a surrealistic feel so as to give it a more out there feeling.

But the ending was definitely the worst part of the movie for me. I still hate that part. For Lila to take the blame and go to jail while Puff basically had given up everything she tried to do for him and sacrificed for him was just wrong. I'm sure if she had known that he was going to betray her like that, she wouldn't have done it. But again, it just goes back to the shallowness of our society and how vain and selfish we all are. The saddest part of the movie to me was that in the end Lila was the only one who had ever really been comfortable with herself and who was basically a good person, and she ended up making the biggest sacrifice. That part sucked, but in a sense, it's the truest part of the movie. Sad.

As for True Romance. What can I say? I just love that movie and I love all of the performances (though some not as much as others). I agree that Slater's was one of the weakest of the film. I never really thought about it before, but he is one of those actors who always seem to be the same person in every film, like George Clooney, Matthew McConaughey, or Keanu Reeves. No matter what role they're in, they always act the same.

But Patricia is different. She truly reinvents herself for every role she plays, and there are very few of hers that you could say are alike. And she owned True Romance. That is her movie. The others are good, but she steals the movie.

I love her in Medium and I hope it continues for a few more seasons, but I'm also looking forward to seeing her in more films in the future. I'm especially excited about this Richard Linklater movie she's doing, called Boyhood. It sounds like a fascinating premise, and I can't wait to see the end result. But we have to wait until 2013, darnit!

Oh, well, I'm sure there'll be more movies between now and then. At least, I hope so.

Mediumfan

Here's some great (and not so great) news for Patricia Arquette fans. One of her best movies (imo), Beyond Rangoon, is finally getting a release on dvd. But the bad news is, it's only being released in Region 2 format. :(

This bums me out bigtime. I have been hoping for a dvd release of this movie for years and they just don't seem to want to release it (Warner Studios, that is). At least not in the US. That sucks!!

I am really hoping (with all my fingers and toes crossed) that this will be followed up very soon by a region 1 release, hopefully with lots of extras.

(Patricia, if you're listening, an audio commentary and some interview footage or such would be fantastic!)

Thomas, I don't know if actors have any say in things such as dvd releases and such, but it would be awesome if someone ;) could encourage the studio to give this movie a decent region 1 release (and not make us wait another 10 years like they did with Lost Highway).

Here's a link to a page with more info about it.

http://www.mediumdreams.com/beyond-rangoon...#comment-110919

Here's some great (and not so great) news for Patricia Arquette fans. One of her best movies (imo), Beyond Rangoon, is finally getting a release on dvd. But the bad news is, it's only being released in Region 2 format. :(

ahahaha ! for once that it's the opposite ! :P lol

with Patricia, I think I have seen these only films:

True romance

Rangoon

Stigmata

As regards "Medium", I've never missed an episode ! :)

You're so lucky! Darn you! I hope they release this soon in the US! I've been waiting for this for years.

with Patricia, I think I have seen these only films:

True romance

Rangoon

Stigmata

Those are certainly among her best, and some of my favorites, but she's got a lot of other great movies out there. Like

Flirting with Disaster

Human Nature ( I know everyone doesn't like this one, but I love it)

Holes

Nightwatch (scares the pants off of me every time)

The Hi-Lo Country

Goodbye Lover

And that's just off the top of my head. I love all of her movies.

But Medium is tops on my list. I love that show. She's fantastic in it. Hope it stays around for a few more years. (You hear that, Patricia? ;) )

You're so lucky! Darn you! I hope they release this soon in the US! I've been waiting for this for years.

I think that yes. ;)

Those are certainly among her best, and some of my favorites, but she's got a lot of other great movies out there. Like

Flirting with Disaster

Human Nature ( I know everyone doesn't like this one, but I love it)

Holes

Nightwatch (scares the pants off of me every time)

The Hi-Lo Country

Goodbye Lover

And that's just off the top of my head. I love all of her movies.

"Human nature", this film seems to me ... very strange! lol :lol:

But Medium is tops on my list. I love that show. She's fantastic in it. Hope it stays around for a few more years. (You hear that, Patricia? ;) )

For "Medium", in france, we saw the season 3 recently. This (very good) show is at what stage to the usa ?

The actors and the characters are excellent and endearing. :)

For "Medium", in france, we saw the season 3 recently. This (very good) show is at what stage to the usa ?

The actors and the characters are excellent and endearing.

Yeah, I love all of the actors and characters on the show. It's got incredible actors, wonderful writers, and is just an all-around great show.

We're anxiously awaiting the beginning of season 5 over here, which is supposed to start in January (or maybe sooner, we hope). In the meantime, we're getting ready for the release of the season 4 dvd set in a couple of weeks. Can't wait for that. It'll hold us over until the new season starts anyway. I'm dying to see that.

I've already heard a couple of the episode plotlines and they sound really interesting. AND Patricia has stepped behind the camera and directed an episode for next season, so I'm really excited to see how that turns out, and to see what her vision as a director is like. If it's anywhere near as good as her brother David's, then it promises to be an excellent episode.

Those Arquettes sure are somethin', ain't they? ;) Is there anything they can't do? :D

Yeah, I love all of the actors and characters on the show. It's got incredible actors, wonderful writers, and is just an all-around great show.

We're anxiously awaiting the beginning of season 5 over here, which is supposed to start in January (or maybe sooner, we hope). In the meantime, we're getting ready for the release of the season 4 dvd set in a couple of weeks. Can't wait for that. It'll hold us over until the new season starts anyway. I'm dying to see that.

The france is always late visibly... lol

I've already heard a couple of the episode plotlines and they sound really interesting. AND Patricia has stepped behind the camera and directed an episode for next season, so I'm really excited to see how that turns out, and to see what her vision as a director is like. If it's anywhere near as good as her brother David's, then it promises to be an excellent episode.

Oh ! thank you for information, I did not know it !

Those Arquettes sure are somethin', ain't they? ;) Is there anything they can't do? :D

lol !

It's a family of artists. B)

For any Patricia Arquette fans who are interested, as I mentioned above, Beyond Rangoon has finally made it to dvd, and a very kind and devoted fan has offered his review of the region 2 version. Sounds great so far.

In addition to its anamorphic widescreen transfer, the colors and sounds have been remastered, and lots of bonus features have been included, such as:

Theatrical trailer

Beyond Rangoon:Truth Has a Witness - New interviews with Patricia Arquette and director John Boorman

Behind the scenes footage, clips, and production photos.

For more of the fan review of this dvd, you can read it here.

http://www.mediumdreams.com/dont-forget-the-emmys/#comments

I can't wait to see this released in the US. :D

I appreciate that Patricia is quoted as saying, "You're going to have to make your own decision as a voter, but I just think this is the most crucial time." - in other words, not necessarily urging the person to vote one way or another ... not that Patricia would, but some celebs can be very forceful in sharing their political opinions.

The most important thing is to vote, period.

I agree, Jayesse. I admire that she has an opinion, and that in her position as a celebrity she can voice her opinion and be heard, and maybe even influence someone else's decision, but that she hasn't tried to influence anyone by telling them who she is voting for, or who they should vote for, but just encourages people to exercise their right to vote, no matter who they choose, because this is such a crucial time, and the very future of our nation hinges on the outcome of this election.

I'm proud of Patricia for taking an active part in this election, while not using her celebrity to stump for one candidate or another, (even though we know who she's supporting ;) ).

not that Patricia would, but some celebs can be very forceful in sharing their political opinions.

Agreed. And don't even get me started on that subject. :P

Bruno picked the wrong place to crank it up.

The flamboyant Austrian fashion reporter embodied by the character-crazy Sacha Baron Cohen was ejected from the set of Medium earlier this month after somehow finagling his way past security.

The muscle had to intervene on Nov. 7 after Bruno, going supposedly incognito as an extra, kept interrupting a tense courtroom scene involving the supernatural drama's star, Patricia Arquette.

Continue reading:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b69279_bru...only_so-so.html

What a weird coincidence. TJ went to the same high school as the Executive Producer of Borat. Don't know if she was with Bruno this time or not. Then again, LA & Hollywood are always filled with near misses and vague connections.

I think this is hysterical. I really hope that this footage gets out in some form, either in the Bruno movie, or please, please,please, in the special features of the Medium season 5 set!!!

I bet it is priceless! :lol:

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series

Even though last year's SAG winner, Edie Falco of The Sopranos, and this year's Emmy winner, Glenn Close of Damages, are not in the running — there were no new episodes of the FX series during the SAG eligibility period — there is still an "embarrassment of riches" from which to choose, according to Richmond. It includes Kyra Sedgwick of The Closer, Holly Hunter of Saving Grace, Ellen Pompeo of Grey's Anatomy, Sally Field of Brothers & Sisters, and Patricia Arquette of Medium. Richmond says we are in "a golden age for TV drama."

Richmond and Ausiello would also like to see some of the women from Mad Men in this category, including January Jones and Elisabeth Moss. Jones has "just been on fire this season," says Ausiello. Connie Britton of Friday Night Lights is another long-overlooked performer, but like her male co-star, she'll probably be ignored again. Lisa Edelstein of House is another one Bianco likes. Featured performers such as Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson of Grey's Anatomy could also figure prominently.

Richmond praises Katey Sagal for departing from sitcoms (Married With Children) and animation (Futurama) to do FX's biker drama Sons of Anarchy. He says her performance is "the best thing she's ever done."

Article Title: Déjà Views - It seems like old times when TV critics predict the SAG Awards nominations.

News Link: http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_reviews/...&&imw=Y

A rising number of Hollywood stars such as Debra Messing, Patricia Arquette, Mischa Barton, and Rebecca Romijn are making caps for the campaign to help save millions of babies around the world in developing countries, and Penn State Brandywine has quickly joined the cause.

Full article:

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2008/11/28/...77774338616.txt

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.