Enaira

Wales ComicCon April 2020

Aw I really wish you could both be there - would be awesome!  😘

On 3/5/2020 at 9:30 PM, Gail said:

Yay!!!!  We now have the entire Roci crew signed up! 😁😁😁😁😁

Just wish I could justify the cost of a 'team' photo........... oh well, I suppose I'll just have to make do with a photo with Thomas (life's tough eh? 😉)

Yeah not sure I can afford to get a photo/auto with the others either.. and I'd feel bad getting one with one of them and not the others... but might get one for Amos don't know yet.  Still worried they might cancel it all. 😟

Awwwww... 😢 this Con is postponed to August 22-23... I am so truly sorry for all of you, I would've loved to hear your tales and see you RAWarriors on the pics. Considering the current situation it's a logical decision but it hurts all the same.

Meeting TJ is decidedly not an easy thing. But is there something beautiful that is easy to reach?

I hope you'll all have time (and TJ as well) in August.

In the meantime, take the lock down seriously... cases are increasing exponentially if social contacts are maintained. 

Aw nuts......that sucks big time 😭😭😭😭

I guess it's the only logical thing to do given the current situation with The Virus and, in the back of my mind, I've been expecting this news all week.  I was so excited to be going but now I just hope Thomas will be able to attend in August, the wait will be worth it I'm sure.

I echo Ariane's sentiment though - stay safe and well all you RAWarriors, follow the advice and I hope you and yours all come through it unscathed.  x

After hearing Birmingham being postponed I was waiting to hear from Telford.  In a way this means more time to save for more photo ops so there is that good news, but like you both say its also hoping guests like Tom can still go. - This is also the weekend I get back from a holiday as well so worried my parents won't be up to driving us there as they'll be picking us up from the holiday destination the day before and that's a 3 hour drive. :( 

But yeah, stay safe all and its good to see these places have everyone's safety at heart. 

Echo everyone's sentiments on being safe.

Aug attendance might be tricky I'm afraid but we are looking at it.

Obviously, I am disappointed on behalf of everyone who bought tickets, and had made travel and accommodation arrangements, especially you @Gail and @Geoff but I do agree that it's the sensible thing to do. On the upside, the end of August may well be viable for me, so y'know, all is not lost! 😋

Thanks Nicole - I’m desperately disappointed (obviously) but there really was no other option.

However, clearly every cloud does have a silver lining after all, would be fantastic to meet up if August works for you!! 😉😁

This is good news indeed. I might be available as well! Except if the said beer judging exam is postponed to that exact same date... 🙄

Excellent news Ariane!  That would be awesome!!!!!! 🤞🤞😁😁 (If you could come over, not the beer exam thing double booking - that would be terrible!)

7 minutes ago, Gail said:

(If you could come over, not the beer exam thing double booking - that would be terrible!)

😁🤣

I'm so sorry for you 😔 I understand the feeling... But it's for the best, for sure. Hope you'll all be able to make it in August. Be safe and take care of all your loved ones 💕

Due to all the cancellations/reports hapenning for the next months, there's a chance I might be available as well at that time 😊

38 minutes ago, Al. said:

I'm so sorry for you 😔 I understand the feeling... But it's for the best, for sure. Hope you'll all be able to make it in August. Be safe and take care of all your loved ones 💕

Due to all the cancellations/reports hapenning for the next months, there's a chance I might be available as well at that time 😊

I think I might have mentioned that I’m gutted but as you rightly say it’s better to be safe, and fingers are crossed for August now.

And if you could come too we could have a proper ‘RAW meet’ (hope Nicole hasn’t trademarked that phrase yet! 😂)

1 hour ago, Gail said:

I think I might have mentioned that I’m gutted

FedCon 2019: I remember vividly this feeling of sinking into quicksand when I read that Thomas was cancelled, the fear was immediately present as my feet found no ground to stand onto but it took a few minutes for the hurting to start. How disappointed I was...

Of course life goes on and of course we all have our own busy lives to live. Meeting TJ is just the cherry on the cake. But still it hurts. I'm with you RAWarriors.

I remember that well Ariane, I guess in a way that was worse as it was TJ (and not the event) that cancelled.  It does sting a bit but it will make it all the sweeter when I do finally see him face to face!

That'll be good if it means others can go too 😀

On 3/14/2020 at 8:10 PM, Enaira said:

FedCon 2019: I remember vividly this feeling of sinking into quicksand when I read that Thomas was cancelled, the fear was immediately present as my feet found no ground to stand onto but it took a few minutes for the hurting to start. How disappointed I was...

Of course life goes on and of course we all have our own busy lives to live. Meeting TJ is just the cherry on the cake. But still it hurts. I'm with you RAWarriors.

Yep... But we had the chance to meet you and the rest of the cast! It was still a very nice weekend and I have very fond memories of it 😊

Fingers crossed for August now 🤞

2 minutes ago, Al. said:

Yep... But we had the chance to meet you and the rest of the cast! It was still a very nice weekend and I have very fond memories of it 😊

Fingers crossed for August now 🤞

Absolutely! Meeting you was a highlight last year. I might have mentioned it before: the chemistry was right from the start and I enjoy the electronic interactions we have until then. I really hope we'll meet again. 

The feeling I described did all take place before the Con.

TJ IS CONFIRMED FOR AUGUST!!! Firstly: great news for you guys in the UK! I am so happy this event is postponed, not cancelled.

Secondly for us outside of UK it means... let's start to plan 😁 I found the idea of sharing a rental apartment awesome. 

Woo-hoo!! Thanks Ariane, amidst all the doom and gloom you’ve made my day!! 😘

My pleasure! But please thank Tom, since I really didn't do anything here 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

My pleasure! But please thank Tom, since I really didn't do anything here 🤷🏻‍♀️

You absolutely did Ariane - I've been checking IG all day but I saw the news here first, so you get the glory in my book!  And don't worry, I will definitely be thanking Thomas! 😁😁😁😁

4 hours ago, Enaira said:

TJ IS CONFIRMED FOR AUGUST!!! Firstly: great news for you guys in the UK! I am so happy this event is postponed, not cancelled.

Secondly for us outside of UK it means... let's start to plan 😁 I found the idea of sharing a rental apartment awesome. 

Just seen the good news, WOOT!!!!  Really hope this still goes ahead.