Geoff

Run, Hide, Fight

New and exclusive.

Thomas will be taking a role in a new film being produced by Cinestate (The production company behind Bone Tomahawk, Brawl in Cell Block 99 and the recent Dragged Across Concrete) called RUN, HIDE, FIGHT.

The premises is very current with the tale of a girl getting caught up in a school shooting in America. "Run, Hide, Fight" is the protocol the is given to people during any sort of "active shooter" incident. 

This film will evolve around this protocol with the girl fighting back during this active shooter incident at her school. She is able to fight back as she has been trained to handle firearms by her father (played by Thomas) 

Filming is due to commence mid Oct. 

How big will Tom’s part be?  Any other cast announced?

(Tried to think of a way to ask that didn’t sound like a double entendre, don’t think I managed it - sorry!)

Hahaha! - Not sure on this one, not seen the script but clearly a good enough part for Thomas to want to be involved. So either decent part of great script. 

Or a chance to work with Dallas Sonnier (owner of Cinestate) if you saw Cell Block '99 or Bone Tomahawk both of these are brilliant film but are also brutal in their violence and realism, this plus the subject matter may have also been a factor) 

Does "very current" mean it's a kind of biography or will there be fiction in this movie? 

I can already see this film garnering attention for its subject matter. Too soon to tell if it will be good or bad. 😬 

Story is completely fictional but with all the recent shootings in the US its makes it very current and relevant and will cause a lot if conversation when the announcement goes public. 

7 hours ago, Rosella said:

I can already see this film garnering attention for its subject matter. Too soon to tell if it will be good or bad. 😬 

This is a topic that will leave no one indifferent for sure. Geoff are you allowed to tell us if the director and writer's message will be either pro-gun or pro-legislation?

26 minutes ago, Enaira said:

This is a topic that will leave no one indifferent for sure. Geoff are you allowed to tell us if the director and writer's message will be either pro-gun or pro-legislation?

Im waiting on this myself in all honesty, this one has come around very quick and been slotted ahead of other productions.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:53 PM, Geoff said:

Story is completely fictional but with all the recent shootings in the US its makes it very current and relevant and will cause a lot if conversation when the announcement goes public. 

Fictional or not, it will cause a stir of emotions. I just hope it's done well.  

On 9/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, Enaira said:

I'm hoping it continues a much needed discussion & not just a debate. 

Yes I think there will be a fair amount of attention drawn here due to the subject matter. It does need to be done right in order to ask the right questions rather than just using all the pain as a backdrop for a story - My gut tells me that Thomas wouldn't have signed on had it not be on the right message. 

My gut feeling is the same as yours.

However, I don't know him as well as you do and what I remember from pieces of interviews here and there was that he loves private guns but disapproves of war. So I'm getting mixed signals! 

But all this is besides the point. I'm here because I like his acting. In case the movie doesn't describe my personal opinion, I'll still be able to say he mastered the role. I am pretty sure that will be the case. 

13 minutes ago, Enaira said:

My gut feeling is the same as yours.

However, I don't know him as well as you do and what I remember from pieces of interviews here and there was that he loves private guns but disapproves war. So I'm getting mixed signals! 

But all this is besides the point. I'm here because I like his acting. In case the movie doesn't describe my personal opinion, I'll still be able to say he mastered the role. I am pretty sure that will be the case. 

You are right in the bits that you've picked up but I dont think you or I will understand how the subject of guns and constitutions are so deeply ingrained in the US. (Well you might obviously I cant speak for your understanding lol).

Being an ex Solider I have my own opinion on them after having to use them for many years but It could be as simple as TJ thought it was a good story and had a spot free! - Not discussed it really with him but I do know his opinions on the subject so im confident the script would be right, however how that translates to the screen might but an entirely different matter. 

On 9/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, Gail said:

How big will Tom’s part be?  Any other cast announced?

(Tried to think of a way to ask that didn’t sound like a double entendre, don’t think I managed it - sorry!)

That was pretty much an epic fail, Gail! 🤣 (And you know it, ha ha!)

On 9/10/2019 at 6:01 AM, Enaira said:

Geoff are you allowed to tell us if the director and writer's message will be either pro-gun or pro-legislation?

That's a very good point, Ariane - be interesting to see how it pans out. 

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

It could be as simple as TJ thought it was a good story and had a spot free! - Not discussed it really with him but I do know his opinions on the subject so im confident the script would be right, however how that translates to the screen might but an entirely different matter. 

Sure you're right Geoff - as Ariane says, you know him better than I do but I get the impression from what I've seen and read from Thomas that he wouldn't glamourise a subject that's so emotive and potentially divisive, so he must have seen something worthwhile there.