sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles

Guest AdminGuyX

I'll probably pick up the 2 disc set. About a year before the movie was finished there was a really cool documentary online about how they build the steam powered guns, in particular a massive double 50 caliber browning type gun that ejected shells and such, but ran on compressed air.

I'm a junkie for behind the scenes footage though. :) Anything prop gun related especially!

I'll probably pick up the 2 disc set. About a year before the movie was finished there was a really cool documentary online about how they build the steam powered guns, in particular a massive double 50 caliber browning type gun that ejected shells and such, but ran on compressed air.

I'm a junkie for behind the scenes footage though. :) Anything prop gun related especially!

The making of documentary is worth the price alone. To see all the work that went into it, the filming of the miniatures, and even Tom doing some ADR (...in his briefs.... guess it was hot in there). I didn't see anything on the prop guns, but that might be in a different feature, I have yet to watch them all.

The making of documentary is worth the price alone. To see all the work that went into it, the filming of the miniatures, and even Tom doing some ADR (...in his briefs.... guess it was hot in there).

I planned on getting the 2 disc special edition anyway, but now I know for definite that I will. :P

Just picked up the 2-disk version over the lunch hour. Now I've got to wait out my damned shift.

What store did you find it at?

Wal-Mart had it. If you find it, I recomend the 2-Disk. There's a lot of stuff packed into the second disk, including the short film and a pretty extensive documentary on the making of. A lot of effort was put into the extras.

Plus you get to see David Allcock and Geoff Boyle in action.

Plus you get to see David Allcock and Geoff Boyle in action.

We almost get to see Geoff sneeze too. Maybe next dvd...

Yeah, I picked it up at Walmart, as well. Unfortunately, not a single store here in town as the Bluray version of the movie, so I settled for the 2 Disc Collector's Edition, and it's WELL worth the money. Sometimes I feel cheated when I buy "special editions" and they don't have hardly any extras, but Mutant Chronicles is packed with stuff, I HIGHLY recommend it.

I need to figure out this guy's math skills.

Movie: 4 Stars

DVD Extras: 5 Stars

Overall: 3.5 Stars ????

Did I fall off the turnip truck someplace?

Now I really need to find this on Blu-Ray.... (I needed a reason to buy a PS3 anyways).

Going out to find the blu ray version. I hope FYE (For Your Entertainment) has it. Or I'll just settle for the 2 disc dvd.

...and more Mutant Chronicles reviews:

"The movie is shot in graphic novel style, recalling such films as 300, Sin City and the Spirit, with its painted backdrops and era defying setup, where foxholes and dog tags from wars gone by are mixed with future technology such as hovering coal driven ships and laser cannons."

http://blog.switchplanet.com/friday-night-...ion-dvd-review/

and a blogger's review:

"Ron Perlman is always awesome to watch, and Thomas Jane was convincing as ever."

http://letters2charlie.blogspot.com/2009/0...charlie_16.html

and a User Rating of B- at Yahoo Movies:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=i...p;id=1809733467

Jen

OK I'm kinda unhappy and happy at the same time.

Happy Part:

When home in Canada, I was able to find and pickup the basic edition DVD of MC (only type I saw @ 4 different stores).

Brought it with me to Ohio for work and watched in from the laptop (w/ headphones) last night.

8 of 10. (Only because the gun props were kinda silly kit bashing and a couple other things I kinda shrugged about).

I really enjoyed the colour promotion thoughout the film.

Excellent work to all involved.

Unhappy Part:

Found the Enhanced DVD version the day after in Ohio. Grrrr....

I was watching the features on Disc 2 the other day and was surprised to see that, apparently, the original ending had Hunter and Duval surviving. It was on the storyboards and also filmed that way. Does anyone know why that was changed so that Hunter was the sole survivor from the group?

Just wondering.

I think he wrote a good review, but I don't agree with all his views. About characters in movies, I don't like to over-analyze. Either I like them, or I don't. I think Perlman and Janes characters worked great in this flick.

It's interesting that he's using a picture of a zombie cult flick as his avatar (Zombi 2). Awesome zombie movie directed by an italian guy. Anyway, I feel Mutant Chronicles is a great cult flick, but not in the same way as f.ex. Zombi 2. Mutant is extremely well made and in my opinion is a unique sci-fi flick. I felt it was a breath of fresh air to watch. While Zombi 2 isn't well made, but it's got some awesome gory scenes that you won't soon forget. But some of the best things about Mutant Chronicles ain't our heroes, but it's the boneblade mutants! I mean.. you really have no chance against them, and at least they don't turn you into one by biting you, but by feeding you to a machine! I hope the movie gets a sequel with a ton of $$$ available. It's just as good as Pitch Black imo, but I don't feel Hunter has the same status as the Riddick character, yet. ;)

Blu Ray version is awesome btw.

I never listen to critics, whether they give positive or negative reviews. I see the movie if it looks interesting or features my favorite actors. I watched Mutant Chronicles and loved it. My favorite part was seeing Tom become a mutant.

I watched Mutant Chronicles and loved it. My favorite part was seeing Tom become a mutant.

Your favorite part?!? OUCH!!!!

Although it was pretty cool when Mitch stuck the knife in his arm and sucked out and spit out that black yucky stuff. And again I say, OUCH!

Your favorite part?!? OUCH!!!!

Although it was pretty cool when Mitch stuck the knife in his arm and sucked out and spit out that black yucky stuff. And again I say, OUCH!

Oh, yeah! I loved the whole end part of that movie!! :D Do or die, do or die...

Jen

Here's a link to a holiday gift guide that includes Mutant Chronicles DVD:

"Mutant Chronicles-

Need a movie that's just insane? Of course you do and nobody does crazy better than Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman."

http://www.iesb.net/extensions/index.php?o...&Itemid=177

Jen

Oh, yeah! I loved the whole end part of that movie!! :D Do or die, do or die...

Jen

It really was a good ending. I was waiting for Ron Perlman to come back.

Here's a link to article about Top 10 Science Fiction films of 2009; Mutant Chronicles is at #10!

"...Mutant Chronicles which starred Thomas Jane was a fun tale of human destruction, faith and the human spirit. At times the story and visuals were mesmerizing..."

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_17588.html

Jen

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.