sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles - SPOILERS inside

David I'll be twistin your arm with this next question:

Is this thing gonna be R-rated sci-fi action or PG-13-rated sci-fi action?

Don't mean to put ya in a tough spot. I'm watchin it either way though.

-TL

Mutant Chronicles is also being compared to the movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow... a movie rated PG-13... well from what I've seen and heard... Sky Captain well look like a kid's movie (which it was) compared to Mutant Chronicles.

Guest FADoss
Mutant Chronicles is also being compared to the movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow... a movie rated PG-13... well from what I've seen and heard... Sky Captain well look like a kid's movie (which it was) compared to Mutant Chronicles.

AHHHHH!!! Anything compared to "Sky Captain" scares the crap out of me. Still not sure how you can take that much talent and waste it on something that bad. So much potential there...anyway.

As far as the animation goes...have you guys seen "Renaissance"? Beautifully done animated film. What about "A Scanner Darkly"? Good movie...a little wierd...but good. Both very reminiscent of Ralph Bakshi.

How about the new "Beowulf" coming out? That one looks cool as well.

Here's hoping for an R-Rating and something better than "Sky Captain".

Frederic

Guest AdminGuyX

I've never heard of, seen, or even know anyone who has played the game.

So for me, this is a fresh experience from top to bottom. No story baggage at all, and that's pretty rare for me.

TL, the pics you posted look good and gritty.

If this is anything like DOOM I hope it's just the first person shooter section of DOOM. That was the only part of that movie I liked even a little bit.

Guest FADoss
I've never heard of, seen, or even know anyone who has played the game.

So for me, this is a fresh experience from top to bottom. No story baggage at all, and that's pretty rare for me.

TL, the pics you posted look good and gritty.

If this is anything like DOOM I hope it's just the first person shooter section of DOOM. That was the only part of that movie I liked even a little bit.

Yeah...the First Person Shooter portion actually gave me a chuckle.

The other part I liked was Karl Urban...

SPEAKING OF WHICH...Karl would make a good Snake Pliskin...just a thought. Not sure of his nationality though...uh oh...New Zeland...back to the drawing board.

Frederic

This looks FUCKIN BAD-ASS! I'm fuckin stoked on this post-apocalyptic setting. It reminds me of Kevin Nash's self titled comic, where corporations became world powers. I just hope people recognize a cool sci-fi flick when they see the poster at the theatres. There are SO MANY sci-fi haters out there, that won't give anything a chance. I can tell already that the world's truly gone to shit in this film, and the struggling few are attempting to stay organized and maintain a chain of command. Look at TJ's rank insignia (on his left collar) in the photo below...

He's wearing upside down (which would signify British) E-7 U.S. Army Sergeant 1st Class chevrons, yet in the film's mythology he's a Major.

thomasjaneismajormitchhwy8.jpg

I'm guessin they scrounged up whatever remnants of the old system they could find, and assigned Officers and Enlisted personnel - forming a unified force. Lookin forward to these Chronicles.

-TL

Oh yeah that's what I'm talkin about! LOVE seein Tom in roles like this. I am excited for Tom, he's got these new movies coming out!

You know I see that there are at least four or five characters with swords, Severian (Anna Walton), Valerie Duval (Devon Aoki), Juba (Tom Wu), Maguire (Steve Toussaint) and from what I can see I think Tom's character has a blade. And looking at two short videos of "behind the scenes" of the movie it looks like there's going to be some blade action.

We've been told it will come out some time in 2008.

I'm hearing April or May.

Before Summer would be great.

- TB

Just watched the teaser, can't wait for this. Ever since Aliens, it seems like sci-fi/horror/action peices that hold up are hard to come by.

It's been a long time seeing Tom in action even though The Mist came out not to long ago, the last time we've seen him was The Punisher. Seems like 2008 will a busy year for him.

Teaser? What teaser? Do you mean that short video from 2005? Because that's not the teaser to the movie. I believe that the director paid for that demo to secure the rights and get funding. It's just to give you an idea of the feel of the film.