May be verging on the personal early on here - do you have any tattoos or are you as nature intended?  Gotta say, nature's been good to you so it would be a bit like scribbling on a Da Vinci masterpiece!

Hey tom im Michael how u been you've been a role model to me i love acting .  I love you work in  deep blue sea the mist the punisher.  What was it like filming those movies especially  deep blue sea an the mist i love those films man much love michael

9 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

love Tom Waits!

Tell u what, Blue Skies is my little girls’ favourite song ever. They are only six years old. Call it a good education 😉

10 minutes ago, Mamabear1974 said:

Hi Tom, I know its been several years in the making but I have been waiting (impatiently) so long for the Lycan. I heard you now have a new artist. Will the Lycan be out anytime in the near future? Thanks so much!;)

this also answers the question about Raw titles: right now there's only one more book coming, yes, The Lycan. We lost our artist, which as you prob know was a big deal because we take our artists very seriously here at Raw. good news: we just (finally) found a new one, after an exhaustive search. More to come on Lycan, but I just last night had dinner with Joe Pruett from AfterShock Comics. Joe has agreed to come onboard and help me publish all six issues of the new Lycan. That's right! Lycan is hitting production as soon as next month. I've talked to our new artist and he is ready to go as soon as he finishes his current book, which should be in the next couple weeks. 

I've been so busy with film projects I haven't had time to take on a new book; Joe and AfterShock are going to take the reins with publishing, leaving me to do the creative work with our artist. As soon as we sign him up we will make an announcement here at RawStudios. Bravo, AfterShock!

I would be interested to know how you prepare your voice BTS just before shooting the scene? Any specific/recurrent exercises? It is fascinating how you can play with your organ.

Vocal organ. (Don’t wanna be banned from here, feels comfy and I like it here).

Oh yeah, before I forget, Geoff was gonna ask you this but if he did he didn't tell!  You once said that The Predator wasn't the version you'd have done, so care to share here what yours would have gone like?

15 minutes ago, Chris Sue said:

Hi Thomas ! I hope you are doing well and thank you for doing this !
I was wondering what has been the most challenging job you had to do as an actor and why ?

depends what you mean by challenging. the worst is when its 5 below outside and you have to jump in a lake (done that) 

most challenging role was probably Mickey Mantle in 61*  it was also the most rewarding. 

6 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

...and coffee (with heavy whipping cream, no sugar, since someone asked). 

Thanks for A-ing my coffee Q! 😁

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

That's right! Lycan is hitting production as soon as next month. I've talked to our new artist and he is ready to go as soon as he finishes his current book, which should be in the next couple weeks. 

As soon as we sign him up we will make an announcement here at RawStudios. Bravo, AfterShock!

Awesome !

Who are some of your favorite singers/bands of all-time? 

17 minutes ago, Mad_Anthony said:

Hey Tom what’s your favorite go to cigar ?

H. Upman magnum 50, Cuban of course.  the half corona is great too. that's what i've got now.  There's also Robaina

19 minutes ago, Franklin Perry said:

Mr. Jane. Huge fan. love your work. A possible 2 part question here. Are you still trying to just get your kids back? And if so, how long will it take for you to have God sit this one out in order to get your kids back?

hahahahaa that's good

Hello Tom.  Dark Country is one of my favorite films... EVER.  I love the score.  Any chance of a release of it via digital, iTunes or CD?

1 minute ago, Thomas Jane said:

depends what you mean by challenging. the worst is when its 5 below outside and you have to jump in a lake (done that) 

most challenging role was probably Mickey Mantle in 61*  it was also the most rewarding. 

Challenging in any way really. Physically, shooting conditions, the character you had to portray...

5 below and swimming in a lake seems like a good challeng indeed !
Thank you for your answer

Have you read the poems of Rosella and Gail in this forum? They're really nice. I recommend reading them and you'll feel high with butterflies in your belly 😉 Enjoy !

http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/topic/2593-today-1504-worldwide-art-day/

I don't know how you do it all but our passions is what keeps us going. I just know Lycan is going to be something special and I am waiting!!!! I'll be more patient;););) I will not take up anymore of your time. I am very thankful you are here connecting with us as not many celebrities would do that, so thank you with all my heart!! My son adores you and it means so much for him to have a "great" male role model in his life! There are not many left in this world and he needs one. Thank you for all you do, ESPECIALLY the work you do with children of the night as, for personal reasons, it is a very important charity to me that I am involved with myself. God Bless. I wish you all the happiness in the world. xxoo

6 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

this also answers the question about Raw titles: right now there's only one more book coming, yes, The Lycan. We lost our artist, which as you prob know was a big deal because we take our artists very seriously here at Raw. good news: we just (finally) found a new one, after an exhaustive search. More to come on Lycan, but I just last night had dinner with Joe Pruett from AfterShock Comics. Joe has agreed to come onboard and help me publish all six issues of the new Lycan. That's right! Lycan is hitting production as soon as next month. I've talked to our new artist and he is ready to go as soon as he finishes his current book, which should be in the next couple weeks. 

I've been so busy with film projects I haven't had time to take on a new book; Joe and AfterShock are going to take the reins with publishing, leaving me to do the creative work with our artist. As soon as we sign him up we will make an announcement here at RawStudios. Bravo, AfterShock!

Very EXCITING news!! :D Yay, AfterShock! 

18 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Expanse question: how difficult/different was it to say your lines through a vac suit helmet? During the reunion scene with proto Julie the sound of your voice changes towards the end when you get nearer to her as if you were speaking from inside a fish tank. Was this effect wanted due to the camera close-up or did the mic move inside the helmet?

someone's paying attention!  good question. the vac suit SUCKs all around. there was a fan to keep the glass from fogging up so the sound was pretty bad. but the performance was good, so i didn't want to go in and loop it. that may have been the issue. we did loop a lot of it, but they were able to save the stuff i wanted. as for that effect, not sure.  could very well have been a result of trying to save the sound we had. 

1 minute ago, Enaira said:

Have you read the poems of Rosella and Gail in this forum? They're really nice. I recommend reading them and you'll feel high with butterflies in your belly 😉 Enjoy !

http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/topic/2593-today-1504-worldwide-art-day/

Thanks for sharing, Enaira!! 😊❤️

^HA! Is your laundry still dirty thats great!

Mr. Jane, I appreciate you responding to my last question. Such an honor. I have another one for you. When I enter the bathroom ready to do battle, it reminds me of a saying you taught me when I needed a confidence boost - "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum". Frank, Is there a time in your life that you live by those words as well?

21 minutes ago, Rosella said:

QUESTION FROM RAW MEMBER & our good friend SUNSHINE (who couldn't join us on here today, unfortunately, but wanted me to ask on her behalf)

"When will your film A MAGNIFICENT DEATH FROM A SHATTERED HAND be produced?" 

westerns are damn hard to get made. we're focusing on other stuff. just started a prod co. with Courtney Lauren Penn called RENEGADE. got the rights to a Stephen King book, From A Buick 8. this should be easier to get made! 

19 minutes ago, Al. said:

Hi Thomas! Thank you for being here tonight with us, I hope you are doing well. Have you some comics/books recommendations to give? What are your favorites?

Thank you for your job on The Expanse and Miller. It was amazing, and deeply moving. Love that character – and the hat!

if you can hunt down the old FAUST books by Rebel Studios, theey will rock your world

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

someone's paying attention!  good question. the vac suit SUCKs all around. there was a fan to keep the glass from fogging up so the sound was pretty bad. but the performance was good, so i didn't want to go in and loop it. that may have been the issue. we did loop a lot of it, but they were able to save the stuff i wanted. as for that effect, not sure.  could very well have been a result of trying to save the sound we had. 

Wow I understand better now, thank you!

The kiss with Julie isn't in the book. I read somewhere that you and Florence improvised. Can you tell us how it happened exactly? The idea came during rehearsal or during shooting? And what were the first reactions of Abraham and Franck? On what did you sit during that scene? Your position looks strange, were you sitting at all? Or were you suffering leg muscles burns for the beauty of the scene? I guess the room was completely green? Or did you have blue lights?
It is by the way the most beautiful, unexpected, dangerous, romantic, cult kiss of sci-fi history along with Han Solo and Leia. Your voice… your vac suit… your sexy nuc pet… You’ve been exploding the neurons and synapses of several thousands of viewers here. Job extremely well done!