Movie: The Mist
Scene: David Drayton wakes up after sleeping/passing out one full day.
Detail: He stumbles due to the exhaustion and someone is picking him under the armpit to help him stand up. This little movement is profoundly human and touching.

Question: can you remember if this movement was planned, was it your creative input during preparation? Or did it happen on the fly?

Just now, CJ Mitchell said:

Thanks Geoff, I'll be keeping an eye out for that. :) 

Me too 🙂

Hey Tom happy holidays and New year thanks for this Q and A anyway I’ve been watching old movies and I just saw the Cincinnati Kid for first time I’m a big fan of  Steve McQueen and Paul Newman I was wondering if you can star and remake any classic movie from that era which would you be interested in doing ?? 

6 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Thanks Geoff, I'll be keeping an eye out for that. :) 

You should. Its a fantastic film and Toms portrayal of Ray is one of my fav performances on the last decade.  

4 minutes ago, Gail said:

Thomas, the saying goes that you should never meet your heroes (advice I would happily ignore if I had the chance to meet you 😉) - have you ever met someone you've admired who's shattered your illusions, or totally exceeded them? No names necessary!

this happens a lot - and that goes both ways

i once had the chance to meet Clint

turned it down

didn't want to risk it

years later we did meet at an Oscar thing

he had just won

and he was terrific

my illusions were preserved

6 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

turned it down

didn't want to risk it

he had just won

and he was terrific

Man, I never knew that. Thats awesome. I meet mine too he was kinda cool. Wore a nice hat. 

Thank you for being my superhero, and i love u being the punisher and can i one day be the punisher?!

6 minutes ago, Mamabear1974 said:

Merry Christmas, Tom. So this time, I have Aislin with me and I was TOLD its HIS TURN to ask questions so I guess I am SOL!! LOL His first question is....Its cold here in North Bay. Are you making snowmen in california! (It DOES NOT matter what I say, Tom, Babybear has made it very clear I am just to ask his "Superhero" his questions. Even if they don't make much sense. LOL My Lil Hero is set in his ways! Much like his Mamabear. xo

okey here goes: it doesn't snow much at all here in S CAL but if we want to make a snowman, we just get some shaved ice and a cold room!

Renegade Entertainment sounds like a very promising venture. I read that, in addition to films, the company plans to make games & immersive content.  What types of games & immersive content? Is there anything currently in develop for either one (anything you can discuss, of course)? 

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

turned it down

didn't want to risk it

he had just won

and he was terrific

Really cool. Really.

turned it down

didn't want to risk it

he had just won

and he was terrific

Aw that's so nice to hear, glad he was a good guy!

On Insta you mentioned that the Julie/Joe reunion was a single take. Do you have other examples in your career of "one take Tom" that you're really proud of?

7 minutes ago, Rosella said:

It’s BEYOND AWESOME that you got to direct an episode of THE EXPANSE😎  What were some of your favorite parts of that whole experience?  

all of it. the best parts are the prep and working with the crew. then there's rehearsals with cast. awesome. then shooting. also awesome.  all of it

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Man, I never knew that. Thats awesome. I meet mine too he was kinda cool. Wore a nice hat. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 That's rubbing it in Geoff!!

Good Afternoon Jane,

I want to say you have been anazing on The Expanse. I dont know if you keep up with how alot of these articles about toxic fans but alot of these fans that hate on things just love you and the expanse. I was watching some star trek and star wars hate. JJ Abrams and Nad robot to be exact and the brought up how awesome the expanse was and so I watched it and thought it was perfect. Your a actor I think I dont see enough of and alot of others agree. You made Miller. You made me care for a character that seemed to not even care about himself. The reason the show went to Amazon was due to your hard work as a actor. That it was saved or people wanted it saved is proof enough. Thank you Punisher 

-Christian S.

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

😂 Geoff 😂

Great! Now Mamabear has to go by fake snow for his bedroom! Thanks TJ!! LMAO

yes i have 

read book 5 not long ago to prepare for directing the Expanse, which i've just completed

it was a fantastic experience

Thanks for you answer, I can't wait to see that!

8 minutes ago, Gail said:

Guessed that might be the case!  What car do you drive?

maserati quattro - from 2011. typical, but this is the last year Ferrari made the engine and transmission so - i'm hanging on to it. awesome drive

Just now, Thomas Jane said:

all of it. the best parts are the prep and working with the crew. then there's rehearsals with cast. awesome. then shooting. also awesome.  all of it

Thanks for another response! Oh, I love reading that! 😀🥰 I'm glad you enjoyed the process & hope you'll get more directing opportunities for TV/film. 

How was it to work on the show, as an actor and a director, with James SA Corey -aka Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham-? Are the authors of the book.s often part of the TV show/film adaptation process?

1 minute ago, Thomas Jane said:

maserati quattro - from 2011. typical, but this is the last year Ferrari made the engine and transmission so - i'm hanging on to it. awesome drive

Lurve the Mazzer!  Cool car!

Just now, Rosella said:

Thanks for another response! Oh, I love reading that! 😀🥰 I'm glad you enjoyed the process & hope you'll get more directing opportunities for TV/film. 

If we were on Insta I would click on the heart here !

8 minutes ago, Lisa Mims said:

You follow some amazing writers on Twitter.  Would you care to make any book recommendations?

yes you should check the Expanse series! very good sci-fi

as for others, nothing new comes to mind right now

guess ive been too damn busy

but i always have a stack of books by the bed

For your new company WAR (nice anagram for RAW ;))    is it a high financial risk for you and how long was it in the works?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.