Hi Gang and welcome to the exclusive RAW live Q & A with none other than our resident boss Mr Thomas Jane.

Thomas is going to be around for as long as he can and answer your questions. Please be patient as there may well be quite a few people wanting to ask questions and this aint Twitter and it dont rapid fire. You may also want to refresh your browser on occasion.

Please stick to asking one question per post so that Thomas can answer as many different questions from as many different people as he can.

All questions are being checked so please ensure that you are respecting TJ and the forum rules.

Have fun yawl!!!!!

............Over to you Mr Jane

Hi Tom longtime!..How ya been?..

Hello sweetheart!  First I just want to thank you again for stepping in to help with my registration to the forum in March, really appreciate it.  My first question is, if you could travel in time to play any role in any film, ever, which one would it be and why?

Hi Thomas, 

how are you, how surreal to be messaging you, I hope you’re having a pleasant enough afternoon. Congratulations on your long and diverse career. I hope I will still see of you in many years to come. 

Can u describe your typical day now, and how does it differ from when u were starting off as an actor in LA?

You’re sooo cool as Miller!

Love u,

Anna Clara 

Twin mum

London 

😽

Just now, Thomas Jane said:

heya ! took me a minute to find the thread but here I am!

Welcome back, Tom! 

Ahoy Thomas!

Time is short, we all wish to have a bite at you, so I'll be quick: "Mille merci et bravo!". For everything. I truly mean it.

Can you share a few words about the setting of this Q&A: it will help to visualize how all this fun takes place and is made possible. Are you in an interior scene (office, home, how’s the light)? Or is it outdoors? Can you tell us if you are typing yourself or is someone helping out so you can concentrate on the next question?

Just now, Adam Stines said:

Hi Tom longtime!..How ya been?..

i'm sitting here with coffee and a cigar in sunny LA. got some raisenettes from a movie i went to (can't remember the film) and life is good

heya ! took me a minute to find the thread but here I am!

Can't quite believe you're here - this is sooooooo cool!!

1 minute ago, Thomas Jane said:

i'm sitting here with coffee and a cigar in sunny LA. got some raisenettes from a movie i went to (can't remember the film) and life is good

How do you take your coffee? 

3 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

Sounds perfect!

1 minute ago, Gail Bentley said:

Hello sweetheart!  First I just want to thank you again for stepping in to help with my registration to the forum in March, really appreciate it.  My first question is, if you could travel in time to play any role in any film, ever, which one would it be and why?

I'd love to travel back to the 40s and work with some of the great film noir heroes of mine like John Alton, John Huston, Anthony Mann, Robert Siodmak, Richard Fleischer, the list goes on!

What does the future hold for new RAW titles?

Hi Tom, I know its been several years in the making but I have been waiting (impatiently) so long for the Lycan. I heard you now have a new artist. Will the Lycan be out anytime in the near future? Thanks so much!;)

Hi Thomas ! I hope you are doing well and thank you for doing this !
I was wondering what has been the most challenging job you had to do as an actor and why ?

Mr. Jane. Huge fan. love your work. A possible 2 part question here. Are you still trying to just get your kids back? And if so, how long will it take for you to have God sit this one out in order to get your kids back?

I'd love to travel back to the 40s and work with some of the great film noir heroes of mine like John Alton, John Huston, Anthony Mann, Robert Siodmak, Richard Fleischer, the list goes on!

Thanks honey!  Can I ask, do any of the characters you've portrayed bear any resemblance to your character, or are you drawn to any particular type of role?

Expanse question: how difficult/different was it to say your lines through a vac suit helmet? During the reunion scene with proto Julie the sound of your voice changes towards the end when you get nearer to her as if you were speaking from inside a fish tank. Was this effect wanted due to the camera close-up or did the mic move inside the helmet?

QUESTION FROM RAW MEMBER & our good friend SUNSHINE (who couldn't join us on here today, unfortunately, but wanted me to ask on her behalf)

"When will your film A MAGNIFICENT DEATH FROM A SHATTERED HAND be produced?" 

6 minutes ago, Anna Clara said:

Hi Thomas, 

how are you, how surreal to be messaging you, I hope you’re having a pleasant enough afternoon. Congratulations on your long and diverse career. I hope I will still see of you in many years to come. 

Can u describe your typical day now, and how does it differ from when u were starting off as an actor in LA?

😽

Typically, if I'm not shooting I don't like to wake up before noon. Always been a night owl. I feed Cat, make coffee and meditate for 20 min. then it's usually meetings or writing sessions talking about upcoming projects, making notes on scripts, boring phone calls, that kinda stuff. most days i spend about half my day working on upcoming projects. the rest i spend on getting shit done, reading (Foundation Series by Asimov at the moment) goofing off. in other words, I have the incredible luxury of doing what I want to do, what turns me on. i love it. 

Back in the day it was splitting my time btwn working at a coffee shop or some place and doing some local theater. i always told myself that i had to do at least one thing for my art every single day, no matter what. It paid off. 

Hi Thomas! Thank you for being here tonight with us, I hope you are doing well. Have you some comics/books recommendations to give? What are your favorites?

Thank you for your job on The Expanse and Miller. It was amazing, and deeply moving. Love that character – and the hat!

10 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Ahoy Thomas!

Time is short, we all wish to have a bite at you, so I'll be quick: "Mille merci et bravo!". For everything. I truly mean it.

Can you share a few words about the setting of this Q&A: it will help to visualize how all this fun takes place and is made possible. Are you in an interior scene (office, home, how’s the light)? Or is it outdoors? Can you tell us if you are typing yourself or is someone helping out so you can concentrate on the next question?

I've got a little house overlooking a lake in Los Angeles. I'm sitting at the dining room table. the deck door is open and a breeze is coming through. sunny today, but it rained yesterday so the air is clean for a change. i've got a cigar in mouth and coffee (with heavy whipping cream, no sugar, since someone asked). No one else is here, I'm typing with two or three fingers, sorry of it's a little slow!