kenbastard

WELCOME DRINKS

Hello CJ!

Welcome on this awesome forum! My feeling so far is that we're all geeks here. So that's normal 😉

I'm glad we have a new friend to enrich our *cough* serious *cough* discussions in here.

50 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Hello CJ!

Welcome on this awesome forum! My feeling so far is that we're all geeks here. So that's normal 😉

I'm glad we have a new friend to enrich our *cough* serious *cough* discussions in here.

Well really Ariane - we’re the veritable home of highbrow chat! 🤣🤣

Welcome to the forum CJ, hope you have fun here! 😉

And I see we have another new member - welcome Nicole!  Good to meet yo........oh no, wait a minute, it’s The Goktor!!!!  We finally see behind the alias! 🤣🤣🤣 

2 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Hey all, I joined up yesterday after catching the tweet about the Q&A. Been following Thomas on twitter and Insta for a couple of months now, bit late to the party but its always better once things are warmed up. 

Bit about me, I live with my two sons, one is 23 in full time work and the other is 11 still at school. I'm a self-employed Editor and Writer, though my writing needs a kick up the backside as been lazy with it. I work with local schools encouraging kids to write stories. I play a few MMORPGs and even Cosplay a bit, total geek at times :)  

Look forward to being part of things here and hope you're all well. 

Welcome aboard, CJ - you sound like you'll fit right in around here - it's probably fair to say that we all err on the side of geekery here! Would love to hear more about your Cosplay; which characters do you play? And what about MMOs? Tell me more!

4 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hello CJ!

Yep... totally serious discussions about a certain person's organs!

ooh-matron.gif 

(It's been awhile since Kenneth put in an appearance! Ha ha!)

2 hours ago, Gail said:

And I see we have another new member - welcome Nicole!  Good to meet yo........oh no, wait a minute, it’s The Goktor!!!!  We finally see behind the alias! 🤣🤣🤣 

Season 2 Space GIF by SYFY

1 hour ago, Nicole said:

Yep... totally serious discussions about a certain person's organs! 

VOCA... ah nah. You're beyond reasoning, you desperate pack !

2 minutes ago, Enaira said:

I think you just have to admit defeat on this one!! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Are you familiar with the British expression about open goals, Ariane? 😋 🤣

(You know we love you, though, right?!)

Geoff's latest offering in the Real Men thread made me immediately think it should be captioned... which led me to thinking that just for fun, we should have a caption game! So I did a thing... 😋 (But we may want to take it into the bar!)

miller-santa.jpg

25 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Are you familiar with the British expression about open goals, Ariane? 😋 🤣

(You know we love you, though, right?!)

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Enaira said:

tenor.gif

Perfect! 

Thankyou for the nice welcome.

Great adjustment to the trilby 🤣  

Characters I've cosplayed, well I've recently done The Punisher - of course :), Nyssa Al Ghul from Arrow, Constantine, and Martha Wayne's Joker from Flashpoint. Planning on doing a Belter cosplay for May, possibly something like Drummer.

MMORPGs I play are mostly the Lord of the Rings Online, big Tolkien fan. I was playing the classic server of WoW when it came out, choosing a priest was a bad idea though. I've played SWTOR, Elder Scrolls online and FFXiV, all of which I go back to on occasion when something new has come out on them. I'm a bit of a sucker at buying the new expansions. :) 

7 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Thankyou for the nice welcome.

Great adjustment to the trilby 🤣  

Taki taki, kopeng!

Characters I've cosplayed, well I've recently done The Punisher - of course :), Nyssa Al Ghul from Arrow, Constantine, and Martha Wayne's Joker from Flashpoint. Planning on doing a Belter cosplay for May, possibly something like Drummer.

We're I skinnier... a good deal skinnier... I'd be all over cosplaying Avasarala. She's my spirit animal! (Plus, I used to live in India, and have a bunch of saris!) Drummer would be so cool to cosplay, too. And Alex... oh no, wait... I want to play with Alex! 😋 Hurr hurr!

MMORPGs I play are mostly the Lord of the Rings Online, big Tolkien fan. I was playing the classic server of WoW when it came out, choosing a priest was a bad idea though. I've played SWTOR, Elder Scrolls online and FFXiV, all of which I go back to on occasion when something new has come out on them. I'm a bit of a sucker at buying the new expansions. :) 

I used to play a lot of Stronghold Kingdoms when I was still working in the games industry because I was writing and editing the Wiki for it, and had to play it so I knew what the heck I was writing about. Really enjoyed playing but then Firefly decided to add in a really harsh PvP mechanic, which basically gave a boatload of advantages to the griefers, and it went from being a really cool game with a nice community, to 'who can be the biggest arsehole, and fuck everyone else up'. So I stopped playing. 

I was one of the writers for Illyriad, which was a great game, and one I had so much fun working on. However, after a year and a half of playing it, I got to the point where it was taking up so much of my life, that I felt the need to take a step back. Not least because it meant I wasn't playing any other games, and TBH, I prefer single player games, anyway! 

I did try ESO but I have to be honest, and say that I got bored really quickly with it. But then, I got bored with Skyrim too because I found it all so samey. Fallout, OTOH (not 76, I hasten to add!), is an epic series, and one I've spent thousands of hours on! I'll take SciFi and post-apocalyptic over fantasy any day! 😋

3 hours ago, Nicole said:

We're I skinnier... a good deal skinnier... I'd be all over cosplaying Avasarala. She's my spirit animal! (Plus, I used to live in India, and have a bunch of saris!) Drummer would be so cool to cosplay, too. And Alex... oh no, wait... I want to play with Alex! 😋 Hurr hurr!

I'm not skinny at all :)  I love Avasarala's costumes they're always so amazing.  Yeah Alex is cute.

3 hours ago, Nicole said:

I was one of the writers for Illyriad, which was a great game

That's really cool. I'm meant to be sorting out a PhD application about roleplaying and how it can help with writing a narrative but things keep getting in the way atm :(  I'll try and finish it in Jan ready to start in February. 

Have you tried playing The Outer Worlds? That's a sci-fi single player.  Talking of Firefly, (the series) there was going to be an mmorpg of that but I think they lost funding for the development or something, is a shame as that would have been great. 

9 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

That's really cool. I'm meant to be sorting out a PhD application about roleplaying and how it can help with writing a narrative but things keep getting in the way atm :(  I'll try and finish it in Jan ready to start in February. 

Cool; hope you get to pick it up again!

9 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Have you tried playing The Outer Worlds? That's a sci-fi single player.  Talking of Firefly, (the series) there was going to be an mmorpg of that but I think they lost funding for the development or something, is a shame as that would have been great. 

Yeah, I remember talk of a Firefly MMO... could have been so shiny! Loved TOW - played through twice so far; so many Firefly references in it... including this!!

cows.jpg

Anyone loitering in the bar yet? 👋

Or am I a bit early?

On 12/18/2019 at 11:31 AM, CJ Mitchell said:

Hey all, I joined up yesterday after catching the tweet about the Q&A. Been following Thomas on twitter and Insta for a couple of months now, bit late to the party but its always better once things are warmed up. 

Bit about me, I live with my two sons, one is 23 in full time work and the other is 11 still at school. I'm a self-employed Editor and Writer, though my writing needs a kick up the backside as been lazy with it. I work with local schools encouraging kids to write stories. I play a few MMORPGs and even Cosplay a bit, total geek at times :)  

Look forward to being part of things here and hope you're all well. 

Hi CJ and welcome!

Glad to have a new geek-cosplay-RPG member down here 😊

2 hours ago, Gail said:

Anyone loitering in the bar yet? 👋

Or am I a bit early?

Anybody.......?

Hey Rosella!! Good to see you back in the bar! 👋👋

Hey all, I'm just lurking in the corner propping the bar up

Oh sorry @Gail, didn't see your message 😥

I'm here as well!

Have you got yourself a hot toddy CJ? 🤒

Just now, Al. said: