Jump to content
Geoff

Official Social Media

Recommended Posts

Help needed, mes amis! I'm not very 'au fait' with all the peculiarities of Instagram so I may well be doing something wrong but here's my query - I follow #thomasjane but not all the posts with that tag show up on my, erm, list (or whatever the geek term is for that), whereas all the '@somebodyorother' ones do.  Does anyone else have this or have I missed something somewhere along the line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gail said:

Help needed, mes amis! I'm not very 'au fait' with all the peculiarities of Instagram so I may well be doing something wrong but here's my query - I follow #thomasjane but not all the posts with that tag show up on my, erm, list (or whatever the geek term is for that), whereas all the '@somebodyorother' ones do.  Does anyone else have this or have I missed something somewhere along the line?

The hashtag when you click on it should be split into two menu options at the top. One says "Top posts" recent and the other says "Most recent" so they should all be under "Most recent" and the ones with the most likes should be in "Top posts" but it doesn't always seem to be that way but im sure that there is some clever coding that sits behind it all that only shows certain things but looking at the count of total # posts under #ThomasJane the ones under "Most recent" do all seem to be there. In my case anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oye oye, the so called "ninja" will now mingle into the discussion... 😉

What you're describing Geoff is true if you actively click on the fucking hashtag. Gail's question is related to the automatic flow of posts appearing on the main "thread".

Gail: I have made the same observation and didn't even try to solve it.

Conclusion: I'm actively clicking on the fucking hashtag every day to see what's new (most recent) and if I missed something.

I'm sure this answer doesn't help you 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Oye oye, the so called "ninja" will now mingle into the discussion... 😉

What you're describing Geoff is true if you actively click on the fucking hashtag. Gail's question is related to the automatic flow of posts appearing on the main "thread".

Gail: I have made the same observation and didn't even try to solve it.

Conclusion: I'm actively clicking on the fucking hashtag every day to see what's new (most recent) and if I missed something.

I'm sure this answer doesn't help you 😖

Well I bow down to thee as normal. Even with all the swearing. #fuckinhashtags 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both for your time and yes, it was the thing that Ariane (aka social media ninja) described - glad it’s not just me being an old person!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Enaira said:

Oye oye, the so called "ninja" will now mingle into the discussion... 😉

What you're describing Geoff is true if you actively click on the fucking hashtag. Gail's question is related to the automatic flow of posts appearing on the main "thread".

Gail: I have made the same observation and didn't even try to solve it.

Conclusion: I'm actively clicking on the fucking hashtag every day to see what's new (most recent) and if I missed something.

I'm sure this answer doesn't help you 😖

The more you engage with the posts which use that hashtag, the more will show up in your feed. Spend a couple of days just clicking the shit out of all the hearts on the posts, and you'll soon start to see the #Thomas[fuckinghashtag]Jane posts showing up automatically. 😋

Insta's algorithm is basically the same as the Book of Faces; it won't show you stuff it doesn't think you're interested in (unless it's paid to do so, of course... I get spammed sodding cat stuff ads all the time - I don't even have a cat!), so you have to teach it what you want to see. Make sense? Now, go forth and like the shit out of anything and everything you can find with that hashtag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nicole said:

The more you engage with the posts which use that hashtag, the more will show up in your feed. Spend a couple of days just clicking the shit out of all the hearts on the posts, and you'll soon start to see the #Thomas[fuckinghashtag]Jane posts showing up automatically. 😋

Insta's algorithm is basically the same as the Book of Faces; it won't show you stuff it doesn't think you're interested in (unless it's paid to do so, of course... I get spammed sodding cat stuff ads all the time - I don't even have a cat!), so you have to teach it what you want to see. Make sense? Now, go forth and like the shit out of anything and everything you can find with that hashtag!

🤣 all clear now! It means I don't click ENOUGH on the Tom Jane photos on Insta! 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Enaira said:

🤣 all clear now! It means I don't click ENOUGH on the Tom Jane photos on Insta! 🤣🤣

Hard to imagine, I know! But yep, essentially, that's the problem. What a problem to have, eh? Ha ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom is 007 !

(More or less...)

Congratulations! 😉

PSX_20200108_193838.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Tom is 007 !

(More or less...)

Congratulations! 😉

PSX_20200108_193838.jpg

Nice one!  We can only hope.......🤞🤞

(Although surely it's 7006 + one ninja that nobody sees! 😉😂)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the theme tune in my head now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...