Geoff

The Orchard

54 minutes ago, Enaira said:

See! There's always an explanation 😉

Ah Ariane - this time your insight went so deep it almost came out the other side!!  I’d assumed it was a ‘keeping warm between takes’ thing, but won’t I look silly if you’re right after all! 😀

12 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

won’t I look silly if you’re right after all! 😀

And won't I feel silly if I'm not !!!

4 minutes ago, Enaira said:

And won't I feel silly if I'm not !!!

Not at all!! I love that you question things and look for more meaning, makes me feel a bit shallow at times if I’m honest ...

Thanks Gail, then I'll keep on posting around here 😉 I have some crazy shit in my head. Sometimes it spills over.

*disclaimer* I honestly don't care what people wear and I'm not a fashionista at all. The explanation below is a gut feeling. 

To me it seems the knitted piece of clothes comes from a girl. We do not know much about this movie. Just that the sheriff is called as a rescue by three sisters and the malevolent thingy is chasing boys. So my guess was that one girl gave it to the sheriff so he smells like a girl and wouldn't get chased down. Or the malevolent thingy really has a bad sight and thinks the sheriff is a girl. Or the three boys have a bad sight (or an excellent smelling) and wouldn't chase the sheriff down. Or...

You get the point. 

I was so busy with my thoughts that I didn't think that maybe the piece of cloth (what's the name for this kind of pullover?) was his. Or lent by a friend. Or...

Sorry people please bear with me 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Thanks Gail, then I'll keep on posting around here 😉 I have some crazy shit in my head. Sometimes it spills over.

*disclaimer* I honestly don't care what people wear and I'm not a fashionista at all. The explanation below is a gut feeling. 

To me it seems the knitted piece of clothes comes from a girl. We do not know much about this movie. Just that the sheriff is called as a rescue by three sisters and the malevolent thingy is chasing boys. So my guess was that one girl gave it to the sheriff so he smells like a girl and wouldn't get chased down. Or the malevolent thingy really has a bad sight and thinks the sheriff is a girl. Or the three boys have a bad sight (or an excellent smelling) and wouldn't chase the sheriff down. Or...

You get the point. 

I was so busy with my thoughts that I didn't think that maybe the piece of cloth (what's the name for this kind of pullover?) was his. Or lent by a friend. Or...

Sorry people please bear with me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please please do keep posting - I genuinely do enjoy reading them 😊 and we're always here to mop up any overspill!!

I really hadn't considered what the garment (blanket? oversized cardigan?) might be or represent but you make quite a compelling argument for it being a plot point!

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

On set with Gato Scatena (taken from his Instagram) 

55886207_634734926993757_8646032830747174018_n.jpg

To think we could have had a Rick Grimes looking like this!

(I am rather happy with Andrew Lincoln tho!)

On 6/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, Geoff said:

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/295521/vincent-guastini-from-making-monsters-to-directing-producing-image-gallery/

Interview with Vincent Guastini who is doing the creature FX for The Orchard. Doesn't mention what but this dude knows his shit! 

Pretty impressive CV, creature/s should be good if nothing else!

38 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Pretty impressive CV, creature/s should be good if nothing else!

Alas as always budget will actually decide how good the creature FX are, however at least the guy doing it knows what he is doing so that's half the battle. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Alas as always budget will actually decide how good the creature FX are, however at least the guy doing it knows what he is doing so that's half the battle. 

Take your point ref budget, but still has half a chance with the guy’s pedigree.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:06 AM, Geoff said:

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/295521/vincent-guastini-from-making-monsters-to-directing-producing-image-gallery/

Interview with Vincent Guastini who is doing the creature FX for The Orchard. Doesn't mention what but this dude knows his shit! 

Just looked his hashtag in Instagram up. There are incredible masks there... looking so damn real. So he's not only good at VFX but also at SFX 😉

15 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Take your point ref budget, but still has half a chance with the guy’s pedigree.

8 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Just looked his hashtag in Instagram up. There are incredible masks there... looking so damn real. So he's not only good at VFX but also at SFX 😉

He has done some really good cool stuff and was nominated for an Emmy back in '99 so he is an old hand at both so am hoping for some really stuff. 

Awesome this little sneak peek 👍🏻