Jump to content
Geoff

The Orchard

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Enaira said:

See! There's always an explanation 😉

Ah Ariane - this time your insight went so deep it almost came out the other side!!  I’d assumed it was a ‘keeping warm between takes’ thing, but won’t I look silly if you’re right after all! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

won’t I look silly if you’re right after all! 😀

And won't I feel silly if I'm not !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Enaira said:

And won't I feel silly if I'm not !!!

Not at all!! I love that you question things and look for more meaning, makes me feel a bit shallow at times if I’m honest ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Gail, then I'll keep on posting around here 😉 I have some crazy shit in my head. Sometimes it spills over.

*disclaimer* I honestly don't care what people wear and I'm not a fashionista at all. The explanation below is a gut feeling. 

To me it seems the knitted piece of clothes comes from a girl. We do not know much about this movie. Just that the sheriff is called as a rescue by three sisters and the malevolent thingy is chasing boys. So my guess was that one girl gave it to the sheriff so he smells like a girl and wouldn't get chased down. Or the malevolent thingy really has a bad sight and thinks the sheriff is a girl. Or the three boys have a bad sight (or an excellent smelling) and wouldn't chase the sheriff down. Or...

You get the point. 

I was so busy with my thoughts that I didn't think that maybe the piece of cloth (what's the name for this kind of pullover?) was his. Or lent by a friend. Or...

Sorry people please bear with me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Thanks Gail, then I'll keep on posting around here 😉 I have some crazy shit in my head. Sometimes it spills over.

*disclaimer* I honestly don't care what people wear and I'm not a fashionista at all. The explanation below is a gut feeling. 

To me it seems the knitted piece of clothes comes from a girl. We do not know much about this movie. Just that the sheriff is called as a rescue by three sisters and the malevolent thingy is chasing boys. So my guess was that one girl gave it to the sheriff so he smells like a girl and wouldn't get chased down. Or the malevolent thingy really has a bad sight and thinks the sheriff is a girl. Or the three boys have a bad sight (or an excellent smelling) and wouldn't chase the sheriff down. Or...

You get the point. 

I was so busy with my thoughts that I didn't think that maybe the piece of cloth (what's the name for this kind of pullover?) was his. Or lent by a friend. Or...

Sorry people please bear with me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please please do keep posting - I genuinely do enjoy reading them 😊 and we're always here to mop up any overspill!!

I really hadn't considered what the garment (blanket? oversized cardigan?) might be or represent but you make quite a compelling argument for it being a plot point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Geoff said:

On set with Gato Scatena (taken from his Instagram) 

55886207_634734926993757_8646032830747174018_n.jpg

To think we could have had a Rick Grimes looking like this!

(I am rather happy with Andrew Lincoln tho!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, Geoff said:

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/295521/vincent-guastini-from-making-monsters-to-directing-producing-image-gallery/

Interview with Vincent Guastini who is doing the creature FX for The Orchard. Doesn't mention what but this dude knows his shit! 

Pretty impressive CV, creature/s should be good if nothing else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Pretty impressive CV, creature/s should be good if nothing else!

Alas as always budget will actually decide how good the creature FX are, however at least the guy doing it knows what he is doing so that's half the battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Alas as always budget will actually decide how good the creature FX are, however at least the guy doing it knows what he is doing so that's half the battle. 

Take your point ref budget, but still has half a chance with the guy’s pedigree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 8:06 AM, Geoff said:

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/295521/vincent-guastini-from-making-monsters-to-directing-producing-image-gallery/

Interview with Vincent Guastini who is doing the creature FX for The Orchard. Doesn't mention what but this dude knows his shit! 

Just looked his hashtag in Instagram up. There are incredible masks there... looking so damn real. So he's not only good at VFX but also at SFX 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Take your point ref budget, but still has half a chance with the guy’s pedigree.

 

8 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Just looked his hashtag in Instagram up. There are incredible masks there... looking so damn real. So he's not only good at VFX but also at SFX 😉

He has done some really good cool stuff and was nominated for an Emmy back in '99 so he is an old hand at both so am hoping for some really stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome this little sneak peek 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The music score for this movie is nicely coming forward. The composer just posted an extract on Instagram: look for @AlexanderTaylorComposer. Does it mean that the movie is nearing completion...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The score is normally at the end of post production so could well be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope they've abandoned that godawful alternate poster (you know, the one that has poor TJ looking like the unholy lovechild of Miller and Amos!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gail said:

I just hope they've abandoned that godawful alternate poster (you know, the one that has poor TJ looking like the unholy lovechild of Miller and Amos!)

OMG, I came here to say exactly that, Gail! 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking wasn’t it?? * shudders * 😧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gail said:

Shocking wasn’t it?? * shudders * 😧

It was....special. 🤭

Still find it funny though that you and I both immediately thought of the Miller/Amos lovechild!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very diplomatic!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody clearly told the artist ‘it’s that guy from The Expanse, not the captain or the pilot, the other one’, poor fella got confused and thought he should combine the two ‘other ones’ just to be safe!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 6:34 PM, Gail said:

Somebody clearly told the artist ‘it’s that guy from The Expanse, not the captain or the pilot, the other one’, poor fella got confused and thought he should combine the two ‘other ones’ just to be safe!!!!

Could have been far, far worse... he could have ended up all blue and glowy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actor Daniel Hill has shared a BTS pic on Insta taken during editing. He's mentioning a release during spring 2020...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3KnOG7Fklo/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...