13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

46786582_134681564083852_6535566740652870831_n.jpg

Saw this and thought there was suddenly some weird time travel stuff going on.......

13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

47694096_385381798874361_791158503222763335_n.jpg

But realised now it’s just a painting!  Must wake up properly before I look at these!!!!

hahahahaha - Nah, its the adhoc Mary Poppins jumping in the picture scene they put in, not sure its gonna work myself. 

The Butler's in love...

10 minutes ago, Geoff said:

hahahahaha - Nah, its the adhoc Mary Poppins jumping in the picture scene they put in, not sure its gonna work myself. 

Mary Poppins? 

Jumping in the picture? 

In Hour of Lead?

Now I'm the one with the sleepy neurons.

Could you please explain? 😳

6 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Mary Poppins? 

Jumping in the picture? 

In Hour of Lead?

Now I'm the one with the sleepy neurons.

Could you please explain? 😳

It was a Joke! 😀

Have you just given the plot away Geoff?  Was it the bad nanny wot did it?? 🤣

8 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Have you just given the plot away Geoff?  Was it the bad nanny wot did it?? 🤣

hahahahahaha oh shit! 

25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

46469142_2142801055974814_4208105062029338469_n.jpg

Beautifully atmospheric.......

Producers have teased me a big update next week........

No idea what so dont ask :) 

The music score has been locked in for the film which under normal circumstances means its now completed.

Im hoping this is the big news but it does lead itself to what the big news might well be. 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, Geoff said:

The music score has been locked in for the film which under normal circumstances means its now completed.

Im hoping this is the big news but it does lead itself to what the big news might well be. 

So did you get anything else on this Geoff?  Or was that the update they referred to? 

Thomas was actually with the producers this week so Im expecting some news in the next few days. 

Still nothing here either but heard from producers last week to advise that there will be things coming out this month. 

Still nothing despite chasing. Got a sinking feeling here. .....

4 hours ago, Gail said:

☹️☹️☹️

Yeah, with no huge SFX or VFX there is no way it should be still in post production unless it's constantly being re cut which is often a bad sign. 

Might be totally wrong though. 

On 9/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, Geoff said:

Still nothing despite chasing. Got a sinking feeling here. .....

I don't really understand the world. Is it sooo much more expensive to distribute a movie than to create it? How come that so many movies are financed to reach a "near completion" state and then... that's it thank you.

I would expect that the people financing the movie upfront would want their (or part of it) money back? I would expect that in case the movie doesn't turn out to be as envisioned, a quick DVD or VOD release would be better than nothing?

By just laying unfinished and unwatched a movie will not get better anyway. So I just don't understand the $$$ flows here.

I always thought that pre-prod and prod would be more expensive than post-prod but apparently I'm wrong. Why?

Its not really the expensive part in this case, more I think a creative one.

If you're doing something like Avengers then the post prod is massively expensive due to all the work that goes in and the time it takes to do so that all makes sense. On a movie like HOL its just editing (unless the Mary Poppins joke above is a real thing) to cut the film to make a cohesive version. Simple enough if the director is involved in the editing then it brings together the vision from the filming into the final cut.

Sometimes however it just doesn't mash well and the edit doesn't make sense or look or feel right so you go back and do it again, and again, and again until all you're left is is something like Highlander 2 which was just an editing mess! or if you look at how many versions of the original Star Wars or even Blade Runner there are, people can always re edit and then you can get Directors Cuts etc. 

Im not saying this is the case here, just a looming gut feeling I have,  as you are right Araine, if everyone was liking what they saw they would want it our there even if they make a loss a smaller loss is better than bigger one. Unless they are still trying to get it right and it becomes a labor of love but losing money then longer it sits unreleased. 

Its not even the time scale here as filming wrapped in late Dec so has only been 10 months which might seem like a long time but often isn't its just the lack of anything anywhere. 

I might be totally wrong and hope I am. 

I must say Geoff you’re passing on your feelings of impending doom on this one now - as you say there are likely to be minimal VFX going on (Mary Poppins gag notwithstanding!) so surely it has be either a finance or an editing thing, either way if you’re not getting any good vibes from anywhere it’s not sounding hopeful at the moment.  I echo your sentiment though - really hope you’re wrong!! 🤞

lol, not trying too promise. Just a lot of "Oh yeah will send the stuff right over" from the powers that be and then....nothing.