2 hours ago, Al. said:

I loved the way they built Ilus and prepared for s5, which will have a completly different atmosphere and I hope you'll like it better than s4 😉

I'm still completely hooked to the series 😋 Nicole also mentioned something cool would happen in S5. I believe "when the shit gets real" was her expression, or was it yours ? 😁 so I have hope and I have TJ as a director to look forward to.

I also bought Nemesis Game by the way, so that (by December), I'll be ahead of the series and will be able to follow the plot this time!

Well, I suppose I ought to share a few thoughts with the group.  First off, just before anyone thinks otherwise, I really did enjoy S4 and the series as a whole is still head and shoulders above any other sci-fi on offer IMO.  There were just a few niggles that made it marginally less enjoyable - for one, as Ariane said, it felt like it could have done with a couple more episodes to explore some storylines a bit more fully, for example Bobbie's journey from upstanding Martian marine to basically aiding and abetting.  The beautiful thing about the first three seasons was that although there were several stories being played out at any one time, they were skilfully layered and interwoven so none of them overwhelmed any other one, whereas S4 felt a bit flat and one dimensional in comparison.  Also, for me the crew of the Roci worked as a team, because although each had their flaws, together they blended perfectly and I felt when they were split up into their own kind of side-stories something was lost.  I also missed the sheer spectacle of the battles in space with all the associated VFX of PDC's and rail guns, and the use of shadow and light working their way round various heavenly bodies (and I'm not referring to TJ here!!!).  I did enjoy the true resurrection of Miller though and his internal struggle with 'the assholes' that were trying to control him!  As I write however, we are currently rewatching the whole shebang (S1 - 4) so it might just gel together better this time.  If you can shed any more on all things S4 from the book perspective though, please feel free to share!

Still looking forward to S5 and hoping it does indeed 'get real'!! 😄

5 hours ago, Gail said:

the use of shadow and light working their way round various heavenly bodies (and I'm not referring to TJ here!!!).

I like how you're a fan to the very tip of your fingernails! 🤣

5 hours ago, Gail said:

I did enjoy the true resurrection of Miller though and his internal struggle with 'the assholes' that were trying to control him!

Oh that was interesting! The first time he glitched and shouted it really took me by surprise and I was sitting on the edge of the couch, very awake.