Sign in to follow this  
joyce ford

Godzilla

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I want to see it but I can't find anyone to go with me. Am sad. :(

It was pretty damn good. It was not the film I thought it was going to be, it was kind of the opposite.

I have always loved giant monster movies, and this was fantastic. I hope they get the same crew to do the next one.

Want to see it too. Will see it soon but in the meantime...how was it in comparison to the Godzilla we grew up to?

Want to see it too. Will see it soon but in the meantime...how was it in comparison to the Godzilla we grew up to?

Diffrent, but familiar. The look of Godzilla is what I was hoping for. They made him look like a realistic version of the original man-in-suit Godzilla. Some diffrences are the feet (more stubby than actual feet, but it makes sense in terms of him being aquatic) and his size. He's huge. Some site out there had a comparison of the size of all the Godzillas, and he is by far the largest. He also gets to fight two other monsters, though not updates of old monsters, they feel like they fit in the the Toho monsters. This will make you forget about America's last try.

As for the tone of the film, it does an alright job at trying to tread that line of being a fun summer film and being something a bit darker. Overall, it is a darker film compared to the rest of the Godzilla films. There is a more serious tone to it than say, Pacific Rim, which I felt captured the Godzilla tone better. Don't get me wrong, there fun bits in the film, especially when

you find out that Godzilla is there to help the city, not destroy it

that is where I was thrown. It was advertised as the other way, but it's still a great film.