Sign in to follow this  
Rosella

R.I.P Comedians Pinette & Rooney

It's sad to say, but the world just became a little less funny.

We recently lost two comedians....

John Pinette (1964 - 2014)

Mickey Rooney (1920 - 2014)

And their demises happened a day apart.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/comedian-seinfeld-actor-john-pinette-dies-at-50-1201153267/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/04/06/mickey-rooney-dies/7404557/

John Pinette died at the age of 50 of natural causes. 50?! That is way, way too soon. They credit him first for Seinfeld; it's weird that he too appears in the series finale, along with James Rebhorn who also recently passed away. But we all identify him more as Bumpo from The Punisher. Every time I hear the song, "La Donna E' Mobile," I picture him mouthing along to the words and dancing around. He knew how to laugh at himself, and I like to think he's still doing just that even right now.

Mickey Rooney died at the age of 93. What a comedy legend! At some point in our lives, I've bet we've all seen or heard this man onscreen. He left behind an impressive body of work. And of course, every year, it is a must to break out his Christmas classics Santa Claus is Comin' to Town & The Year Without a Santa Claus.

Both of these men will be dearly missed.

Guest AdminGuyX

Mickey Rooney was a staple in our house when I was a kid. I saw a lot of his black and white films when I was young. Honestly I'm not sure how many of his color films I've seen.

John Pinette was one of my favorite stand up comics. I knew who he was long before The Punisher, and if you haven't watched any of his comedy I highly suggest you go do that right now. He was pretty damn brilliant.

Mickey Rooney was a staple in our house when I was a kid. I saw a lot of his black and white films when I was young. Honestly I'm not sure how many of his color films I've seen.

John Pinette was one of my favorite stand up comics. I knew who he was long before The Punisher, and if you haven't watched any of his comedy I highly suggest you go do that right now. He was pretty damn brilliant.

The last film Mickey Rooney made before he passed away is Night at the Museum 3. It's amazing that he worked pretty much up until the day he died, which will make his scenes all the more bittersweet.

Yeah, I've seen some of Pinette's stand-up acts. I agree. The man knew how to be funny without being crude, a rarity among most comics.