Tim Bradstreet

"Archetype" the new Tim Bradstreet Art Book

I'm going back this year, and bringing Linda! This was the best convention I EVER went to! TIM! I'll contact these guys and tell them you're interested if you are. Bring Missy! Ask Stout or Chaykin about this show. It's a week long celebration unlike anything you've done before. Call me or contact me off site and I'll tell you about it! BTW, thanks for the preview of the book in Dallas! IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!

Great that you come back, Mr. Jusko!

I hope to go this year.

Would you dare to sing like Chris Weston and Liam Sharp the last year? :D

Alright, here's the official scoop -

Archetype will be in comic stores Wednesday, February 4th.

That's the official release date.

If you saw the book in Dallas then I fully expect you to let everyone know what you thought of it, good or bad ;)

And when you get yer hot little hands on your own copy, please let us know what you think.

The (my) waiting is almost over!

You can order the book direcly through BudPlant.com

Also . . .

I'd really extremely love to come to Jornadas de Cómic de Avilés.

I had a nice conversation last San Diego (or was it the one before) with the guy who books talent for the show.

He said he really wanted to bring me over but I have never heard back from him and cannot remember his name.

Anytime. And if Jusko and I ever end up at one together we're going to have to go on a pilgrimage to a couple of the castle locations from Anthony Mann's, El Cid! Specifically the one from the end of the picture. Yeah, anytime. I'm there. All anyone need do is officially invite me ;)

- TB

If you saw the book in Dallas then I fully expect you to let everyone know what you thought of it, good or bad ;)

And when you get yer hot little hands on your own copy, please let us know what you think.

Also . . .

I had a nice conversation last San Diego (or was it the one before) with the guy who books talent for the show.

He said he really wanted to bring me over but I have never heard back from him and cannot remember his name.

Anytime. And if Jusko and I ever end up at one together we're going to have to go on a pilgrimage to a couple of the castle locations from Anthony Mann's, El Cid! Specifically the one from the end of the picture. Yeah, anytime. I'm there. All anyone need do is officially invite me ;)

- TB

I for one well buy it as soon as I can! I freaking loved it. Like I posted. I had to put it down , it was making me depressed I couldnt get it there!

This is a buy for anyone who loves Art.

Congrats, bud! Great way to celebrate a Steelers SUPER BOWL win on the 1st! LOLOL (The book IS gorgeous, btw!)

Also . . .

- TB

My memory might be failing me, but I thought some time back that there was mention of another page of art included in the signed version?

There are special signed, illustrated "tip in" plates included in the signed editions.

My memory might be failing me, but I thought some time back that there was mention of another page of art included in the signed version?

There are special signed, illustrated "tip in" plates included in the signed editions.

Thanks for the info Joe. I'll have to pre-order a singed copy ;)

Guest AdminGuyX

CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT

Ah . . . Shepherd Book. One of the coolest characters from Whedon ever. I laugh my ass off every time I watch "Our Ms. Reynold's" because of Ron Glass' performance in that episode.

Might just have to watch a little firefly this weekend.

:)

CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT

Ah . . . Shepherd Book. One of the coolest characters from Whedon ever. I laugh my ass off every time I watch "Our Ms. Reynold's" because of Ron Glass' performance in that episode.

Might just have to watch a little firefly this weekend.

:)

I just started Firefly last night and I can't believe what I've been missing. When Ron Glass walked on, all I could think of was the

!

Sweet work TB!!

I just started Firefly last night and I can't believe what I've been missing. When Ron Glass walked on, all I could think of was the
!

Sweet work TB!!

You are in for some great tv watching!

WOW! Looks awesome!

Lawrence of Arabia. Curious!

Also . . .

- TB

Belmonte Castle (Castillo de Belmonte), in Cuenca (Castilla-La Mancha). This castle was also used in Paul Verhoeven's Flesh & Blood:

http://www.jdiezarnal.com/castillodebelmonte.html

Mr. Bradstreet, When a portfolio dedicated to Middle Ages,celts, vikings, etc? :o

Sorry for the off-topic!

Got to browse through this in Dallas and it is an un-fucking-believable book! Hats off Tim. I'm going to have to score a copy. I really didn't realize you had worked on TW2K.

I just saw Bud Plant just charged my card today so here's hoping it is going out today or tomorrow. This is the first book, DVD etc that I have really been chpmping at the bit to get in at least two years! I was lucky enough to get Maximum Black directly off off Tim at the Dallas Comic Con 5 years ago and really loved that.

Good news Don.

Thanks for letting us know the Bud Plant orders are shipping.

Books should be in comic shops by the 4th.

I'm sure you can order through your local retailer if online ordering makes you crazy ;)

Also - Amazon should have their page updated soon to reflect product availability.

- TB

OK, it's official.

Archetype hit comic shops this past Wednesday.

Bud Plant and Amazon orders look to be taking an extra week.

Thanks for keeping us posted with updates on the online shops folks.

And thanks to all for the support!

- TB

Hello, all! I'm a long-time Bradstreet fan and a first-time poster.

Waaaaaay back when Maximum Black was first solicited in Previews, I pre-ordered a copy through my local comic shop. I love that first collection. In fact, that book and Brom's Darkwerks are two of my favorite art books from the 90s.

Well, I'm happy to say that I picked up a copy of Archetype from the same shop this weekend, and I am blown away! It's a big, thick, beautiful book, bursting with Bradstreet badassery. The art itself is excellent, as are the printing, binding and design. I know Tim and Desperado's Joe Pruett put a lot into making this a great book, and it shows.

Speaking of Desperado, I've really enjoyed all the "art of" books they've been publishing -- Brian Bolland, P. Craig Russell, and now TB. The books usually come out a bit later than the original solicitation, but they're always worth the wait. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for the upcoming Joe Jusko volume.

To Tim and Joe Pruett: very well done indeed, gentlemen. And to everyone else: go get yer own copy, already!

Imran

(aka Strontium Dog)

Just found out where the comic shop is here in Tyler TX. Been spending the better part of my time pulling up fence, putting down new fence, organizing the garage, buying a new truck (05 Ford Ranger to replace the Punisher Tracker), rolling up barbwire and clearing 7 acres.

HOWEVER, hopefully the fuckers at the local shop are cool enough to carry some Bradstreet action. Beautiful book again Tim.

Just got my book from Amazon. I couldn't wait for Bud Plant sorry and I have to say hands down best art book I have ever purchased. Beautiful colors, great layout and Bradstreet art. What else could you ask for? I will be buying a second copy to keep for when my son (whose 2 1/2) gets older. Tim huge thanks for making this available to everyone!

Don, Strontium, thanks for your gracious kind words.

There are a few things I wished I could have done differently but all that is hindsight, once I had the book in my hands.

All in all it truly IS a big thick-ass book that's loaded.

I know this may sound silly, but one of the things I was most excited about was the endpapers ;)

I did a sepia treatment to the blacks and threw in some fun stuff, including the "in progress" line art from Punisher Max #60 before I added all the blacks.

That turned out supercool.

Please drop your thoughts if you've seen the book.

Feel free to complain too ;)

- TB

Finally got to see the book yesterday when I helped Tim with a photo shoot. It's gorgeous. And I guess I never paid attention to the page count before, but it's massive. Just a stunning book.

Loved reading Tim's retrospective about his career. There are some great comments from other professionals. Only had time to read a few of them, but I loved Steranko's. And I've known Grant (Goleash, colorist extraordinaire, for those of you not in the know) as long as I've known Tim and Grant's comments are priceless.

Tim and Joe Pruett did wonderful work on this book. Can't wait to get my copy. And I can't wait to see Jusko's book either.

Hey Tim, greetings from Argentina, amigo! I'm waiting for my Archetype to get shipped from Amazon these days, so I hope next weeks it's here, I'm dying to have this bible on my hands.

And It would really kick ass if Marvel collects all of your Punisher covers in one nice HC, like those collections Vertigo published of Glenn Fabry's Preacher covers and McKean's Sandman ones, you know, with the creative process and all. Already got the Punisher Omnibus and the MAX HCs, but that would be heaven.

Thank goodness for Amazon's worldwide shipping. I'd hate for folks abroad to have no access to this book.

Thanks to Amazon and the internet now everyone can enjoy this big bastard.

I heard from someone yesterday that ordered on Amazon and received their book the NEXT DAY.

No express overnight, just regular shipping. Obviously they must have been in the continental US ;)

Good to know they are getting the books out so fast, probably not overnight in every case but sounds like it's getting to people quick.

Obviously Amazon offers a nice discount on the book, and that's great. I know I'd look for the cheapest price.

But for anyone wanting to order and help me and the publisher out the most, then we hope you order the book from the Desperado site.

The link is not yet up but as soon as it is I'll post it here for anyone who is comfortable going a little above and beyond to help us out.

Contrary to what folks might think, neither Joe (the publisher/co-designer) nor I are rolling in dough. In fact, we're just hard working shlubs who fight just like you all do to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. The printing alone cost Joe over $30,000.00, and that's for just 3,500 books, a very small print run. Believe me, Joe is a very small publisher and 30 grand is a whole fucking helluva lot to a guy like him.

If you order direct from us that means we make retail instead of only 40%, even less with some mass markets. That's the best way to support us if you are into that. We would sincerely appreciate it.

Link soon.

And thanks to all once again.

- TB