Tim Bradstreet

"Archetype" the new Tim Bradstreet Art Book

Finally. If the book didn't print right, maybe we can convince Bryan Mills to use his special set of skills to teach those Korean printers a lesson.

I hope you have it for the show, bud. I'm so fucking depressed that I won't have either my book or DVD in time for the show. I was told Christmas and now late FEBRUARY. I had to send the tip in plate back three times before they got it right. This printer sucks ass.

I'm pretty sure that Archetype will be out by the 21st of this month.

This printer needs to be out of business with all the trouble and delays on their end.

It's been pretty frustrating. My publisher Joe has received two advanced copies which he's sending to me tomorrow.

He says the cover printed a tad dark, which is a little disappointing considering the proofs we OK'd were not.

He says the book looks great though. I'll know more when I get to see it.

I'm not very forgiving when it comes to average printing so it better be making me shit tiffany cufflinks or I fly to Korea for justice.

But yes, anyway, the 21st. Worse case scenario would be the 28th.

- TB

Well, I'm assuming that Joe (Pruett) is doing business with the Koreans because they quoted you guys a broader margin than any of the stateside printers. Let's hope the final product is what you're expecting and the quality eclipses cost.

Tim, when I'm leafing through your book, I don't want to see NO black ink on my fingers and I don't want to be able to deface the art with finger smudges! Joe J., I hope that when I'm around town with your book in tow that the pages don't start falling out in convenient 16 page chunks like a (bad hair weave). Also, don't let me see a "ghost" image of the art on the opposite page, neither. Otherwise... I'm just going to take it and shut up! :P

But seriously, we all know that eventually we'll get our editions, but it's a DAMN shame that you gents won't have product for the con. Not to rub it in— but you guys are going to lose a few grand each (easy). How the hell am I suppose to support the cause? At least tell me I can buy a RAW t-shirt or something? :blink: :lol:

Okay, before my witty barbs begin to sting o'ermuch, let me just say, I'm only hoping for nothing but the best and if you catch wind of any customs delays... cut and run and get your f*cking money back!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you have it for the show, bud. I'm so fucking depressed that I won't have either my book or DVD in time for the show. I was told Christmas and now late FEBRUARY. I had to send the tip in plate back three times before they got it right. This printer sucks ass.

Oh! and one more stupid suggestion.

The books won't be available for the con- so, have a stack of little tickets that folks can put there name and e-mail on. When the books come in, you pass those tickets along to Joe P. and he'll move those books for you after the fact. Tell the folks that you'll sign em for and additional (blank) dollars.

scenario! ;)

Just got finished leafing through an advance copy of Archetype.

With a deep sigh of relief I'm happy to report that it turned out FUCKING AWESOME.

One little goddamn snafu though, one page printed like shit.

Somehow a low res piece of artwork was used for the title page of the Criminal Macabre section.

Ain't got a fucking clue as to how that happened. I sent high res files. I just checked the file I sent to Joe and it's fine as French wine.

Not sure how in the hell it happened. It's a little frustrating but as far as I can tell, that's the only issue with the quality.

I just looked at the pdf layout too and it looks great there as well, so as far as we knew, there wasn't anything to fix.

The printers should have spotted it though, I mean it's not like heavy pixelization and artifacting is that hard to spot.

I guess the three stooges did my press check. Or Joe missed it when he OK'd the proof (and if so he gets a firm slap on the wrist).

One small hiccup. Could have been a LOT worse.

I'll take it.

Also, the paper is awesome, the book is fat, gorgeous sewn binding . . . It kicks ass.

I saw that some places are informing purchasers that there is a dustjacket. FALSE.

I never wanted a dustjacket. They get torn, ripped, beat up, and in the way.

Archetype has no dustjacket ;)

. . . And the end-papers . . . Yer gonna love it.

- TB

Bud Plant is reporting that they will have the books available for order by January 31.

Here are some links -

- Archetype

- Archetype Deluxe

312 pages, Hardcover, no dustjacket ;)

- TB

PS - Thanks jayesse8 ;)

J-E-A-L-O-U-S. I'm JUST getting my tip in plates to sign tomorrow. I had to send it back THREE times before it printed right. I won't see my book until the EARLIEST late February. Bring a copy to Texas. I'm dying to see it. I'm relieved that you're happy with it. I was really sweating the new printer. BTW, there are no dust jackets on ANY of Desperado's art books. I love that for the same reasons you do.

Tim, I may just drive to your place to see the book! Been dying to get my copy. I'll bring 3 seasons of THE WIRE with me.

Guest AdminGuyX

A bribe!! I love it.

Can't wait for this one, and I can't wait for Joe's book, and I still need to pick up a few other Desperado art books too.

Njc---------------

I think the quality and scope of Joe Pruett's books are really unsurpassed. They're all beautifully designed and reflect each artist individually.

A bribe!! I love it.

Can't wait for this one, and I can't wait for Joe's book, and I still need to pick up a few other Desperado art books too.

Njc---------------

I'll bring 3 seasons of THE WIRE with me.

I'm tellin' ya, take his Maryland magnets away until he watches all seasons. 'K 'hon?

Then y'all can go to yer local crab shack and he'll show you how its done.

Goddamn and blast it!

Joe confirms that he will not have books in-hand in time to ship for the Dallas show.

I guess I'll have just my one copy on site to show off and that's it.

I'll also have a copy of Shock Festival on hand to show.

Oh well, at least I can travel light.

- TB

Tim and Joe,

I am, excited to order each of your books as soon as they are available.

Mike

Think of it this way, scarcity creates desire......

Don't feel bad. I got just ONE tip in today (for approval) and it looks nothing like the pdf they sent me. Dark & muddy. I fucking give up. I asked Joe to see if they can Lighten it even 10% before they print it, but I just signed off on it. If I keep sending it back the book will never come out. Tim, you had issues with the tip in, too, correct?

Goddamn and blast it!

Joe confirms that he will not have books in-hand in time to ship for the Dallas show.

I'll also have a copy of Shock Festival on hand to show.

Oh well, at least I can travel light.

- TB

Don't feel bad. I got just ONE tip in today (for approval) and it looks nothing like the pdf they sent me. Dark & muddy. I fucking give up. I asked Joe to see if they can Lighten it even 10% before they print it, but I just signed off on it. If I keep sending it back the book will never come out. Tim, you had issues with the tip in, too, correct?

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence with the way the rest of the book will print does it?

I have to tell ya, some of the stuff in my book is a shade dark but it's not that big a deal since the art is so graphic.

Hell, Marvel printed almost every Punisher cover I did 20% darker than my files. A LOT of ULTRA dark covers there.

Thankfully the darkness of my book is significantly less dark than the Marvel printing so I'm feeling pretty good about that stuff.

Like I mentioned, my cover printed dark too but again it doesn't kill it. No one but me will really notice.

But your stuff, oil paintings and full color without the graphic blackness, all the subtle nuances . . . That stuff HAS to be treated carefully.

If it prints too dark then it pretty much RUINS the book. It happened to one of my best pals about 10 years ago.

Fred Fields did a collection of his oil paintings but it printed WAY dark and subsequently the book turned out like dogshit on dogshit.

He was crushed, and it didn't sell dick.

Hell, for that matter if it prints too light that fucks it too.

Be an anal PRICK with your book if you have to Joe. I'm dead serious.

Cause if you throw caution into the wind or give up on dealing with these guys out of frustration, you're the one who gets burned and has to live with it.

HAWK these cocksuckers, hound them to the pits of HELL to get it right.

Don't be in too much of a rush to get it out there. Just make absolutely sure it's getting done right.

xo - TB

Thats ok my friend. Well love just seeing you guys and getting the prints. I plan to buy the book as soon as it is avalabel. So hopefully you and Mr. Jane well make another Tx Run and I can get it sighned in person.

The actual book is gonna be scrutinized to no end before I sign off on it. I figured the tip in is so limited, and as you said, I think I'll be the only one who would probably notice the problems. You have the actual book. Is the tip in on different paper? That might account for the problem. I also figured out that they're trying to go absolute black on the black areas, not realizing it's a tonal piece and there will be variations in the darks. MKakes me wonder how much experience they actually have with art. The butterflies I'm feeling are from the fact that the pdf was perfect but the printed tip in is off. The BOOK'S pdf is perfect, also. I hope that doesn't mean I have a surprise in store. I'm gonna be sweatin' until I see the actual proofs.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence with the way the rest of the book will print does it?

I have to tell ya, some of the stuff in my book is a shade dark but it's not that big a deal since the art is so graphic.

Hell, Marvel printed almost every Punisher cover I did 20% darker than my files. A LOT of ULTRA dark covers there.

Thankfully the darkness of my book is significantly less dark than the Marvel printing so I'm feeling pretty good about that stuff.

Like I mentioned, my cover printed dark too but again it doesn't kill it. No one but me will really notice.

But your stuff, oil paintings and full color without the graphic blackness, all the subtle nuances . . . That stuff HAS to be treated carefully.

If it prints too dark then it pretty much RUINS the book. It happened to one of my best pals about 10 years ago.

Fred Fields did a collection of his oil paintings but it printed WAY dark and subsequently the book turned out like dogshit on dogshit.

He was crushed, and it didn't sell dick.

Hell, for that matter if it prints too light that fucks it too.

Be an anal PRICK with your book if you have to Joe. I'm dead serious.

Cause if you throw caution into the wind or give up on dealing with these guys out of frustration, you're the one who gets burned and has to live with it.

HAWK these cocksuckers, hound them to the pits of HELL to get it right.

Don't be in too much of a rush to get it out there. Just make absolutely sure it's getting done right.

xo - TB

¡Por fin!

In February I´ll have my signed edition! (I suppose...)

Mr. Bradstreet, I hope some day you will be able to come to "Jornadas de Cómic de Avilés" (best spanish comic convention, with good food, cider, wine, beer and a beautiful medieval city...) and to meet you. :)

I'm going back this year, and bringing Linda! This was the best convention I EVER went to! TIM! I'll contact these guys and tell them you're interested if you are. Bring Missy! Ask Stout or Chaykin about this show. It's a week long celebration unlike anything you've done before. Call me or contact me off site and I'll tell you about it! BTW, thanks for the preview of the book in Dallas! IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!

¡Por fin!

In February I´ll have my signed edition! (I suppose...)

Mr. Bradstreet, I hope some day you will be able to come to "Jornadas de Cómic de Avilés" (best spanish comic convention, with good food, cider, wine, beer and a beautiful medieval city...) and to know you. :)

BTW, thanks for the preview of the book in Dallas! IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!

I agree, the book looks just great. And it was great to see my Mummy piece was in there. Tim, we'll talk again when you get your copies for sale (i.e. what we were talking about doing at the con last weekend).

G.