Tim Bradstreet

"Archetype" the new Tim Bradstreet Art Book

Guest AdminGuyX

Still no firm release date for this one? I was just browsing the Desperado website and didn't see it.

Did I miss it?

:)

The last thing I heard was September but I don't have any firm dates.

I'll post here as soon as we have that info written in stone.

Got some good promo coming up for it too.

Will link to that stuff as it becomes available.

Not too much longer to wait.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX
Not too much longer to wait.

Cool. Thank you. Between this and shock festival you've got some great stuff upcoming to close out the year!

I had put a preorder on Archetype where I work (I work at a Barnes & Noble). Their bookmaster system had a release date of June 25th, so I did this in early June. When the book didn't arrive at the B&N warehouses, they canceled my order and have marked the book as "Search Our Dealer Network" which basicaly means, as far as we're concerned, this book is out of print... go elsewhere to get it. So don't go to B&N or Borders to get this book!

I guess that just means I'll get it from Tim or Desperado. Either way... I really cannot wait to get this book. I'm freaking excited about it. I was able to show off my art at a local show over the weekend. Many people commented they saw a Bradstreet influence.

I am Bradstreet influenced. I have a quick question for Tim... I was re watching the extra on the Punisher DVD on how you draw the covers, and I see you drawing on vellum from the photographs.... then the scene changes to you inking the piece on comic board paper.... how do you get the pencils from the vellum to the comic board?

I had put a preorder on Archetype where I work (I work at a Barnes & Noble). Their bookmaster system had a release date of June 25th, so I did this in early June. When the book didn't arrive at the B&N warehouses, they canceled my order and have marked the book as "Search Our Dealer Network" which basicaly means, as far as we're concerned, this book is out of print... go elsewhere to get it. So don't go to B&N or Borders to get this book!

I guess that just means I'll get it from Tim or Desperado. Either way... I really cannot wait to get this book. I'm freaking excited about it. I was able to show off my art at a local show over the weekend. Many people commented they saw a Bradstreet influence.

I am Bradstreet influenced. I have a quick question for Tim... I was re watching the extra on the Punisher DVD on how you draw the covers, and I see you drawing on vellum from the photographs.... then the scene changes to you inking the piece on comic board paper.... how do you get the pencils from the vellum to the comic board?

Sorry to hear about the pre-order being dumped. For sure a result of the publishing delay.

Should be available soon and I'll alert everyone here as soon as a I have a hard release date.

As for the vellum to the board, I dry transfer the pencils from the vellum to my boards.

Essentially I pencil the thing backwards (or in reverse), then I flip over the vellum and secure it tightly to my board.

Then I secure an additional, clean piece of vellum over top and rub the pencils down with a lead holder using HB lead.

I always go over the entire piece twice to make sure I get a solid transfer. It's a complete pain in the ass but it works for me ;)

- And _C_ Yes, there is artwork from Heresy in the new book. Not a ton of it though. The new book focuses more on the work I've done in the last 10 years. If you want to see that stuff larger and even with some of the pieces in color, pick up a copy of my first art book Maximum Black

- TB

thx for the reply TIm!

and yes, I'm a fan of your Heresy work from the Maximum Black, both HC and SC I proudly own and treasure.

...and the mag Inquest helped a little too.

Tim! Can't wait for Archetype! I was wondering if that awesome piece you did of Snake Eyes will be in the book? Just wondering! keep up the great work.

P.S. Are you a Chicago Bears fan? I saw a photo of you with a Bears cap, I think.

Snake Eyes is in the book.

Bought the Bears hat while I was in Albuquerque shooting Dark Country.

The Bears are my brother's team, my favorite NFC team.

I'm a dyed in the wool member of The Steeler Nation.

I wore that hat as a good luck charm.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

I haven't seen these linked yet, so if I missed them let me know and I'll edit the thread.

Newsarama multi-part interview about the new book:

Part 1:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090822-Bradstreet1.html

Part 2:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090824-Bradstreet2.html

Part 3:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090825-Bradstreet3.html

Part 4:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090826-Bradstreet4.html

And it looks like more to come.

I haven't seen these linked yet, so if I missed them let me know and I'll edit the thread.

Newsarama multi-part interview about the new book:

Part 1:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090822-Bradstreet1.html

Part 2:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090824-Bradstreet2.html

Part 3:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090825-Bradstreet3.html

Part 4:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090826-Bradstreet4.html

And it looks like more to come.

Thanks for the heads up Noeland.

Just found out today that this has been running all week.

Part 5 is up now. Previews from the book included.

Big thanks to Steve Ekstrom who went above and beyond with the coverage.

I love phone interviews when I'm doing them but I usually don't dig them so much when I read them.

Mostly because the train of thought while talking is a completely different dynamic then writing (where you can actually make sense).

Then add in the Steve had to decipher all of the shit I was talking about. Weird words, bizarre syntax, fragmented sentence structure . . . Makes it hard to know what the hell I'm talking about at times.

Still, great job Steve, and big thanks!

Newsarama - Archetype Interview part 5

- TB

Archetype looks like it will be hitting stores and shops by November 19th.

Apparently our printer in Hong Kong was so backlogged that it took practically 2 full months to get a quote back from them.

It's just been sitting there in the que for 60 days.

We're doing a final text edit on it right now and then it hits the presses Monday.

Hallajulia!

312 pages - Hardcover only!

ArchetypeF.jpg

- TB

Now THAT'S sweet!!!! My Desperado book went off to the printer on Monday and we're looking at a Christmas release. 328 pages! We'll have to blow back more than a couple of beers to celebrate the dual release, TM!

Here is a sneak preview of the cover of the upcoming art book.

There is a chance that I will create an all new piece of artwork specifically for the cover.

That's what I had planned on. However, after creating this version as a temporary cover for the book trade solicitation I'm very tempted to let this roll.

The text layout may change but I'm pretty happy with this design.

Anyway, without further prattling, the probable cover image is displayed 'neath.

ArchetypeF.jpg

MMMMM, hardcover.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

It's going to be one BADASS holiday season.

Two new artbooks by two of my favorite artists.

;)

Do it Street. First time I've been here, I will see you soon and look FWD to hearing more about the book.

T. Daley

Great to see you here TD.

YOU will be one of the first to get a book too, my brotha.

For those of you who don't know, Tim has done a lot of modeling for me over the years. He's been on Punisher covers (he was the body double for Punisher Max 50, also in the line-up on a few Knights covers), He portrayed SW Manor during a story arc for Helllbazer - Ashes And Dust, he's been on card art book covers, etc, etc . . .

He also stars in Shock Festival as Michael Talbot-Haynes, the actor who portrays "Alligator Caine".

One of my best pals in the world.

Welcome Tim.

- TB

The concluding half of the Squib Central interview with me concerning Archetype is now live

Here be the link me hearties ------> Squib Central - Re-Evolutionary - Part II

Just finished signing the tip-in plates for the signed edition this past Saturday, so the book should be out before Christmas ;)

Still don't have a hard date though. Will apprise.

- TB

A friend of mine, whose a bit of an artsy type has your first book, I think he got into your stuff thru your Punisher work and Hellraiser (you did some work with that yes?) He buys lots of hardback art books. His most recent purchase is of a guy by the name of Oliver Frey. I don't know if you've seen any of his stuff, but when I was growing up there was a couple of british magazines for gamers called Crash and Zzap which catered for Spectrum and Commodore 64 games. Oliver did the covers for both and became a bit of a celebrity (in the geek world of young gamers anyway!) His stuff is worth a checkout if you haven't seen it.

http://www.thalamus-books.com/books-kean-oliver-frey.html

I'm pretty sure that Archetype will be out by the 21st of this month.

This printer needs to be out of business with all the trouble and delays on their end.

It's been pretty frustrating. My publisher Joe has received two advanced copies which he's sending to me tomorrow.

He says the cover printed a tad dark, which is a little disappointing considering the proofs we OK'd were not.

He says the book looks great though. I'll know more when I get to see it.

I'm not very forgiving when it comes to average printing so it better be making me shit tiffany cufflinks or I fly to Korea for justice.

But yes, anyway, the 21st. Worse case scenario would be the 28th.

- TB