Tim Bradstreet

"Archetype" the new Tim Bradstreet Art Book

Putting final touches on the book this week

Just to break things down thus far . . .

The book will be published in Hardcover edition only, retailing for - 49.99.

There will also be a signed edition retailing for - 79.99 - with some kind of tip-in plate and an extra piece of art.

The book is 300 + pages.

Introduction by Jim Steranko

Forward by Matthew Sturm

With quotes and insights from Guillermo del Toro, Mark Schultz, Mike Carey, Bernie Wrightson, Steve Niles, Thomas Jane, Gary Gianni, Paul Gulacy, Bruce Jones, Tim Truman, Lee Bermejo, Phil Hale, and Danijel Zezelj.

Archetype is a retrospective and covers my entire 22 year career working in RPGs, VGs, comics, trading cards, album covers, and movie posters.

Almost everything is represented. Plus - Unpublished and personal art, sketches, thumbnails, and photos.

If you have any questions just ask.

- TB

PS - The back cover sans flavor text blurb -

ArchetypebackC2.jpg

Will we be getting that Punisher meat slicer photo? Or are you saving that for something else?

Forgive me if this has previously been mentioned, Tim... but can we get the book directly from you? I'm in awe and I gotta have a copy.

Thanks for planting that idea in my head Mike V -

Going to see if we can squeeze it in.

Mike Powell -

Not sure yet.

I will be getting some comps but do not know if I'm going to make a direct "at cost" purchase of books for my sales site right off the bat.

I could have Joe send half my comps to my sales guy . . . That's an idea. Probably be around 50 books. They could sell fast.

Until I have a better idea of that - The best way to order it and help us all out is to get it through your friendly retailer, or through Bud Plant.

I think it will also be available through Amazon, Borders, and Barnes And Noble, or just Barnes And Noble if they end up buying out Borders.

The book was scheduled for a June or July release, can't remember which.

but it's more likely it will not ship until late August/early September.

As soon as I have a solid release date from the publisher I will report it here.

Thanks - Tim

Awesome, I hope you are able to slip that one in, I really want to see that one.

Just sent off the file for my publisher.

Love to show it here but all good things . . .

Again, thanks for reminding me about that Mike.

- Tb

Will the $79.99 version be available through retail stores, or will that be something that we'll have to order through a specialty shop?

Will the $79.99 version be available through retail stores, or will that be something that we'll have to order through a specialty shop?

Better question for my publisher Joe.

I'm not sure.

You can post your query to the Archetype thread on the Desperado Forums for a quicker answer.

Tim Bradstreet Art Book On The Desperado Forums

- TB

Just sent off the file for my publisher.

Love to show it here but all good things . . .

Again, thanks for reminding me about that Mike.

- Tb

No prob, I can't wait to see it.

Hi Tim, great art as always and i was wondering if vol.2 going to have some drawings from vol.1?? I did meet you a year ago in Tucson at the comic signing and just blank out on your Maximum Black book, but I did buy 2 proof from you that are amazing. Your great guy to talk to and gave me great advice

Thanks

Daniel

There will be work that was featured in Maximum Black as this is a career retrospective.

But the Lion's share of the book is covers and illustrations from the last 10 years.

I'd say it's 70% new stuff and 30% pre-1998.

Thanks - TB

PS - JWeb - attempting to get an answer for you. Stay tuned.

JWeb - In answer to your query -Joe says -

"The answer is that it'll be available on the Desperado webstore the moment it comes out.

Joe"

Desperado Webstore - Purchase Archetype

You guys will be the first to know when it becomes available.

Thanks - TB

Hey Tim, not sure if this the right place to included this if not, sorry about it and feel free to delete. I order Maximum Black through Plycon back in 6/11/08 and was charge for it, have not recieve the book yet and did send an email to them 2 days ago asking if the book was send or what is going on. On their site it says books ship out 2-3 days and with a conformation email. Do you know if the place ran out of stock of your books?? when i order it said 100 in stock.

Thanks

Hey Tim, not sure if this the right place to included this if not, sorry about it and feel free to delete. I order Maximum Black through Plycon back in 6/11/08 and was charge for it, have not recieve the book yet and did send an email to them 2 days ago asking if the book was send or what is going on. On their site it says books ship out 2-3 days and with a conformation email. Do you know if the place ran out of stock of your books?? when i order it said 100 in stock.

Thanks

I have another member here on the forum that has very recently heard no word back from Plycon about a query he sent their way.

Let me check into this and see what I can find out. He should have plenty of stock of the books themselves. And he should still have plenty of signed editions.

Tony Herrell, who runs Plycon is almost without fail a customer service angel. Something seems amiss. I will get back to you on this asap.

- TB

Hello everybody.

My name is Salvador and I´m from Spain.

First of all: Mr. Bradstreet I love your work. You´re an impressive artist, man. A truly modern master.

I have a question, please:

I have preordered (Previews) the signed edition. Do you know if this edition will slipcased or somehow protected?

I fear that this treasure arrives with some sort of damage... :)

And, recommended sites to order Maximum Black? I have already, but I want another signed!

Thank you!

Hello everybody.

My name is Salvador and I´m from Spain.

First of all: Mr. Bradstreet I love your work. You´re an impressive artist, man. A truly modern master.

I have a question, please:

I have preordered (Previews) the signed edition. Do you know if this edition will slipcased or somehow protected?

I fear that this treasure arrives with some sort of damage... :)

And, recommended sites to order Maximum Black? I have already, but I want another signed!

Thank you!

Salva, Welcome to the RAW forums!

Please extend my warm wishes to the brotherhood in Spain.

You can order Maximum Black (signed) through my sales site, here is a direct link -> Maximum Black

As for Archetype, I'm not sure how Diamond protects the shipments. That may be something you have to take up with them directly.

My publisher Joe may be able to shed some light on that, or to give you some information about how to order it directly through him.

You can contact Joe at this address ---> info@desperadopublishing.com

Best - TB

Unfortunately that ship date was wishful thinking.

I just signed off on the last edit of the book yesterday so it's still going to be a little while before this becomes available.

I'd say by mid to late August.

Cheers - TB

That is affirmative.

I had asked for it to be placed in the book twice and for Some reason Joe kept forgetting to get it in there.

My big final edit made room for it ;)

It's in, I hope you get a kick out of it.

Thanks for reminding me about all of that.

- TB