Tim Bradstreet

"Archetype" the new Tim Bradstreet Art Book

I did an art book about 10 years ago called "Maximum Black".

Max Black was a wonderful experience for me. My art had only ever been laying around in piles, stored in flat files, or shoved into portfolios I'd haul around to conventions. It was so cool to see it actually collected. It gave me a chance to see it as more of a "body of work".

It's also a nice way to be recognized, having someone come to you and want to publish it is a real nice feeling.

For a long time now I've wanted to do another book but for one reason or another it just never came together.

Until now. My pal Joe Pruett over at "Desperado Publishing" did a wonderful art book I'd picked up in a shop earlier this year, a beautiful, hardcover retrospective of one of my favorite artists, Brian Bolland. I was thrilled to see it and purchased it with no hesitation.

I was very impressed with the way it was done. The quality was high; something with some shelf life ;)

When I noticed that it was my old pal Joe who published it I was very pleased and proud of him for the effort.

Now imagine my surprise when old pal Joe emailed me and asked if I wanted to do one with him.

The answer was an immediate yes. I've known Joe a great while and that's a big part of it, trust.

You want to know who you are getting into bed with when you enter into a venture such as this.

I knew he could do it right as the Bolland book proved. So this was really a "no-brainer".

This will also be a career retrospective, 20+ years making art for everyone from Game Designer's Workshop (in them old days), to Lucasfilm, Marvel, and the recent movie stuff. Also some of my amateur offerings, stuff I did before I got paid for it. But we'll leave that to a minimum ;)

The book is tentatively titled "Archetype". We're moving along compiling images as of now and the book will be out early 2008.

I'll keep everyone posted on release dates and availability as soon as I have solid intel.

- TB

Kick ass Tim. Do you know how big the book is going to be? Is there a price range as well?

Guest AdminGuyX

Joe is a cool guy. I've known his work since the Caliber days, and even before that I'd seen him around at the motor city comic con many times. I'm happy he approached you about doing this!

I can't wait man to get a copy. This will go right next to Maximum Black and Dragon Chiang I'm sure. These are 2 of my favorites!

And also, I didn't know they'd done a book about Brian Bolland!! Now I'm just going to have to seek that out.

Thanks Tim.

PS: HOLY CATS!! I just checked out the desperado home page and noticed they are publishing Age of Desire. How fucking cool is that???

DAMN!! I just noticed their office is only about 3 miles from my office!

small friggin' world.

This is too cool. Looks like 2008 is going to be a good year for Bradstreet fans. Any word on when you'll have prints available through the RAW site?

If you are looking for my prints (artist proofs), you can order them directly through me.

You can chose from anything on my sales site and if you don't find what you're looking for just ask me if I have it.

----> http://www.plyconskeep.com/artwork/timproofs.htm

Proofs are on 13"X19" watercolor paper, printed with 7 untrachrome inks, and they kick ass.

- TB

TB, I didn't realize that you had already published a book of your artwork. Where have I been???!!! This is definitely on my Must-have list (as opposed to a Wish list, :D )

Congratulations on the second book, as well. Looking forward to seeing that too.

Mediumfan

Tim is also a sales consultant too. ;)

Hey Now!

I'd been threatening to add a thread about the artist proofs for a few months now but my focus got shifted when I left for Albuquerque.

Weber's post simply reminded me that I needed to follow through with that threat ;)

So, in a further attempt to direct interested parties to that subject, I give you . . .

The official thread link -----> http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=233

- T(also the sales president)B

;)

Uh ohh Tim's movin on up to the presidential sales position. My bad. So you're back home in California? When did you leave NM? When's post production for Dark Country? When the fuck am I gonna stop asking questions?

-Raf-

. . . And when the hell are we going to get back on topic?

I got back to SD on the 9th. We are in post production NOW baby.

Jane's in India until after the new year, then he and the editor will finish up the assemble of all the stuff we shot.

Then the real editing begins. While that is happening there will be a unit out shooting pickups locally.

Once we get all the shots in place we will start grading the footage and adding in our plate shots; filling in all those green screen holes with cool stuff. I'll be updating in the "Production Diary" once I get a green light from Sony to put all that stuff back up.

Sales Consultant? Sales President? . . . All I know for sure is that I am a staff of one.

Depressing really ;)

- TB

Sweet news Tim. Yes you are a staff of one. I too have dabbled in sales once ;) . That reminds me of Big Lebowski. So getting back on topic, how long has the book been in the making? This is fucking exciting man!

-Raff-

How many pieces do you plan on putting in the new book?

In regards to Tim's books and prints, don't ever let concerns about quality make you hesitate buying. If you like it, buy it. Any time I had any issues with a Bradstreet purchase, Tim has made good on it and taken care of me.

Although there was that one time I could have sworn he was trying to get the Clint Eastwood lookalike to shoot me.

Heheh, already got a name but thanks Gunplanet ;)

The book will be hardcover, between 250 and 300 pages, maybe even more.

It will cover my entire career in the field and even some pre-professional work.

- TB

Coolness! I had just recently found out that there was that book long ago. I'm planning to get it on Amazon.com

I just stumpled across this forum today. I was searching online for some sort of master checklist type thing for everything done by Bradstreet.... so I've been making one of my own. Because I want it all! I love it so much, the detail and all.

I had the honor of getting to meet Mr. Bradstreet at a Dallas Comic-Con this January. He is a great guy.

You'd be a prince if you skipped Amazon and ordered said art book - "Maximum Black", directly through me.

You can get it right here -----> http://www.plyconskeep.com/artwork/maxblack.htm

And they are signed!

Cheers Manson, welcome aboard.

- TB

Here is a sneak preview of the cover of the upcoming art book.

There is a chance that I will create an all new piece of artwork specifically for the cover.

That's what I had planned on. However, after creating this version as a temporary cover for the book trade solicitation I'm very tempted to let this roll.

The text layout may change but I'm pretty happy with this design.

Anyway, without further prattling, the probable cover image is displayed 'neath.

ArchetypeF.jpg

MMMMM, hardcover.

- TB

There is a chance that I will create an all new piece of artwork specifically for the cover.

That's what I had planned on. However, after creating this version as a temporary cover for the book trade solicitation I'm very tempted to let this roll.

The text layout may change but I'm pretty happy with this design.

Anyway, without further prattling, the probable cover image is displayed 'neath.

ArchetypeF.jpg

MMMMM, hardcover.

- TB

Badass!

JO

While the prospect of a new piece for the cover is pretty groovy, I'd say you have a winner with the "temporary cover." Looking forward to it. And this time, there's no bitchy girlfriend to run off with it, like my nice HC Maximum Black with the sketch in it.

BTW, you get my PM?

Adam

Guest AdminGuyX

Damn. That is an awefully nice cover Tim. I'll buy the damn book no matter what you put on the cover though. I'm there.

:)

Hey thanks muchachos.

Even if I stick with this cover deign I WILL be creating a few new pieces specifically for this book.

At least 2 new Gallows illustrations and possibly some other stoof.

- TB

I think the temp is looking pretty damn good, I 'd hate to see it go. Although a new piece would be nice too, hmmm. There's always the back cover ;) .