Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

The Shadow

About 8 months ago I called it quits on Jennifer Blood over at Dynamite Comics . . . I was in search of something more . . . Pulpy.

Dynamite is a good publisher, headed by my 'ol pal Nick Berucci. We all got along great but I needed something I could really sink my teeth into.

Patience and perseverance paid off when they offered me regular cover chores on THE SHADOW.

Took me a few issues to understand what I wanted to do with the series, but now I think I've got it.

Below are a few recent covers that are hopefully the beginning of a glorious run -

Hope you dig!

The Shadow #12

Shadow12Fsml.jpg

The Shadow #13

Shadow13C.jpg

The Shadow #14

Shadow14F_zps0f78cee7.jpg

More to come -

- TB

Oh man Tim these are really cool. I really like them. Did you and Toms eyes cross when having to look at all those designs. ;) ;)

Oh yeah, it was a lot of hours staring at pixels the last bunch of days, not that I'm not used to it, but it was art direction X 38, then intensive art direction X 6 for 4 days. Hardcore.

Thanks and glad you like the Shadow stuff. I'm having a ball.

- tb

I've never really had the time to dig into The Shadow, but when you took over the covers, I jumped on. I've always liked the look of the character and have never really understood why more has not been done with him.

Honestly, I'm glad you left Jennifer Blood. I loved the work you did, but the story took a whole new direction I was not getting into when Ennis left. I remember Ennis saying that it was going to be his "fun" book since The Boys ended up veering into darker territories. Once he left, the book took a very serious turn to it and left me kind of cold. It's almost become a whole other book. The only reason I hung on was because of your work. Still, I was glad to see you get to do a female character for a while.

The Shadow stuff is looking great so far. I love the cogs in #12, and hands down, if they ever get the reboot going for the film, they would be stupid not to use #13 as the teaser poster.

Yeah, baby!

You know I wasn't ever made aware that Garth had left the book until Jimmy Palmiotti told me - Thanks, Jimmy!

I tend to stick around on things where Garth is concerned until Garth leaves ;)

When I submitted to the publisher I'd like to take my leave for something else they talked me into staying for several more issues.

Then they forgot I was leaving! I did one more for them so they could find a replacement.

12 was supposed to be my last (see below)

JennBlood12F-1_zps0c8b2bd9.jpg

. . . But I ended up running until #19!

Don't regret it even though THIS was supposed to be for the last issue of my run.

Some of my faves are 13-19.

More Shadow soon!

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

LOVE the work you're doing on The Shadow Tim. I can't imagine that's much of a surprise to anybody 'round here. :)

I've always enjoyed the character from a visual standpoint. Always enjoyed the kind of stories they tried to tell with the character. I have to admit, i haven't bought any of the new comics yet. They haven't been carrying it at the shop here, but also I haven't been there for awhile.

I think Kaluta will probably always be most associated with the character, but I think you are bringing a whole new swagger, a whole new danger, a whole new edge (I hate that buzz word, but it fits here). Love the crossed guns cover! That's a nice throwback.

The Shadow #12

Shadow12Fsml.jpg

The Shadow #13

Shadow13C.jpg

The Shadow #14

Shadow14F_zps0f78cee7.jpg

More to come -

- TB

The Shadow -- Yeah, I’d say you perfected it. B) Unbelievable mastery, Tim!

#12 -- I love the subtle background designs; they’re gorgeous.

#13 -- Weber’s right. This one has teaser poster written all over it.

#14 -- I love skeletons. The skeleton hands rising from below makes this my favorite of the three. Plus, I love seeing the Shadow’s sharp shadow (say that 3x fast).