johnpweber

New Site

If you are not on facebook, RAW has announced the new site is live. And if you are on facebook and have not "liked" RAW, shame on you. Get on the ball! ;)

actually, that was premature. we are still working out kinks, as you can see. give us a few hours and HOPEFULLY w'll be rockin. freakin Fatcow

Thanks for keeping us non-Facebookers updated, John! But if I was on fb, I’d “like” RAW so much that it would turn into a “love.”

HAPPY RAW YEAR!!!

The new site is RAWESOME!!! I love the comic book integration of it -- a concept you guys expanded quite remarkably. B) The layout is impressive. Especially, the HOME page. The price tag in the corner is a nice touch. ;)

I also like seeing TJ & TB on an old-fashioned TV screen under VIDEOS. I hope more videos get added under that section.

I enjoyed clicking on an image that took me to information regarding it. There’s so much more to go through & see now. I still haven’t explored everything, yet. From what I’ve seen, I love all of the amazing artwork that’s been showcased.

RAW’s new site certainly provides a more enhanced experience.

Thank you for taking members' suggestions seriously! :D

actually, that was premature. we are still working out kinks, as you can see. give us a few hours and HOPEFULLY w'll be rockin. freakin Fatcow

I'm guessing the store is one of the kinks, cause I tried getting in but couldn't. :huh:

Yeah, I jumped the gun a little bit and posted.

Thought we were ready then realized we weren't .

I took that stuff down but it's OK you guys know.

Love to hear comments, we're still shaping things.

Everything should be up soon and all bugs worked out.

We've been waiting to launch with baited breath hoping to get site up a week or two ago.

VERY SOON we'll be running like a well-oiled machine.

It's gonna be GREAT!!

Stand by -

X - TB

K - Right now it's looking good. Store links throughout the site are still being fixed but the STORE LINK in the top menu of new site page IS WORKING.

. . . . Did you hear that crash? Tom and I just slammed a bottle of champagne into the new site.

Duly Christened!

http://www.rawstudios.com/

- tb

Nice! I love the word balloons on the page that take you to the diffrent links and the page transitions. I also like how you have the diffrent artwork everywhere. It shows the range and type of work done at RAW, and hopfully it gets people excited about the new stuff coming out. Hell, looking back at the older stuff, it's been fun seeing it presented in a new way. Kind of like checking it out for the first time again. I love that you've got the Bad Planet promo videos up.

Are the old podcasts still around? Those where fun. Kind of hope we see more in the future. I know schedualing was a pain in the ass for you, but maybe shoot for one a few times a year. Not sure how often you and Tom R. get to hook up.

I think it's looking good so far.

From what I can see the site looks really cool. I can't wait to go shopping in the store. ;)

the 'just tryin to get to the store' panel should be up and working soon. right now you can hit the store button at the menu at top of page.

the 'where's my forum?' panel is also buggy. again, hit the top button for now. we have much more to add, but we wanted to get rolling before the end of the year, and after the world didn't end. so please use this section to tell us what's working - and what's not.

all good ideas will be stolen. so please share.

podcasts! that's a good one. noted.

we have lots of art to switch out, add and keep adding.

the STORE is really cool, and gonna get cooler. we are inviting all our raw artists to contribute to make posters tshirts and more.

and TIM will have a lot of cool stuff going up too! again - any suggestions as to what you'd like to see hanging on your wall or on your body or elsewhere will be taken seriously -

just remember, careful what you ask for! ;)

This a sugestion for the store, but the one item that a lot of us have asked for in the past is the RAW logo shirt you wore during The Mist press and while filming Dark Country. There is so much cool stuff in the store. Looking forward to the all around Alien Worlds Tee.

Yeah, wanna do a lot more 'all over' tees.

Always loved that style of shirt.

And we got great stuff to drape on textiles ;)

- tb

Another feature I think you should have is an "Apperances" link. A handful get announced here, but I find more on facebook and twitter. There was the end of the year one that was posted last year I believe that was broken down into three segments: Tim solo, Tom solo, and both Tim and Tom. It was nice to see where you were going to be over the next few months, and gave some of us chance to see you in person.

Another feature I think you should have is an "Apperances" link. A handful get announced here, but I find more on facebook and twitter. There was the end of the year one that was posted last year I believe that was broken down into three segments: Tim solo, Tom solo, and both Tim and Tom. It was nice to see where you were going to be over the next few months, and gave some of us chance to see you in person.

Yes! An appearance list would be helpful.

I love the store’s variety! Too bad Santa didn’t bring me any of those things. :(

I think some shirts from the Dark Country GN would be cool. Also, it’d still be great to have a RAW Cola can wrap as a bonus perhaps during certain promotional sale times.

I believe I suggested having RAW watches once. As a watch person, I think it’s a must-have accessory. Especially, Bad Planet watches -- mutant spider, the Convict, etc. Designs are endless.

Now, I gotta ask my favorite question -- What forms of payment are accepted (besides PayPal) in the new store?

watches! great idea. i know plans are afoot for zippo lighters.

an 'appearances' section - good.

i think we can manage that! soon as we get through the Horrordays we'll get on some new products and make some changes to the site. Tim has some great new art to put up. and we'll be announcing a LOGO CONTEST in the new year, through 99 Designs

that's right - we're looking for a new logo! but we WILL be offering the old logo as a Tshirt fo' sho'.

hope everyone had a merry Xmas

watches! great idea. i know plans are afoot for zippo lighters.

an 'appearances' section - good.

i think we can manage that! soon as we get through the Horrordays we'll get on some new products and make some changes to the site. Tim has some great new art to put up. and we'll be announcing a LOGO CONTEST in the new year, through 99 Designs

that's right - we're looking for a new logo! but we WILL be offering the old logo as a Tshirt fo' sho'.

I will definately be getting one of those lighters I smoke so one of those zippos would be cool. And I did have a good christmas I used a gift card I got to buy a new computer. Hope yours was good to and I hope you have a good new year to. :rolleyes:

watches! great idea.

we'll be announcing a LOGO CONTEST in the new year, through 99 Designs

RaWatches idea -- I’m so glad you like it, Tom! :wub:

New LOGO? Making everything new in the new year, huh? ;) Contest sounds exciting. I’ve never heard of 99 Designs, though. What is that?

Who made the logo that’s on the site’s store page? It looks pretty new.

I love the vertical RAW logo; it's my favorite. Maybe that one could be on a hat.

My Christmas was merry, thank you. :D Hope you enjoyed yours, as well.

and we'll be announcing a LOGO CONTEST in the new year, through 99 Designs...

99 Designs is a RAW DEAL for graphic designers. Lots of people end up doing work and not getting paid. I guess people choose the cheapest option when looking for a logo, but "design contests" put designers and firms out of business. If your budget is limited, just put some time in and find a good designer / firm and make an offer. You still get to "choose" by looking at the quality of their previous work. That way, if people are doing work for you they will be compensated.

Here's an article about how design contests depress wages and hurt the economy: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/12/obama-poster-contest-angers-designers_n_1007868.html

While I can't speak for Tim or Tom, I don't quite get why this is such a horrible idea. It would be diffrent if large companies like Wal-Mart, Target, (or Marvel, DC in this case) were doing this, but that's not the case here.

RAW has been about being in contact with the fans, and the contest is just another way to reach out to them. If you think about it, it's not like RAW really needs a new logo, there are several already. Both Tim and Tom are capable of producing a logo on their own. I could be compleatly wrong, but this is a way to get some excitment drumed up with the fans. This is a fan's chance to have their work on a RAW book!

I can see the the point of veiw if it were large corporate entities, but this is not. As for the artists on 99 Designs, they know the deal. It's not like they are getting ripped off. I'd be willing to wager a lot of the artists are there for the fun of it, or to produce work that they can use in their portfolio. I'd wager a very small chunk are there hoping to strike it rich.

As for huring the economy, I'm sure it's not putting companies out of business. I don't see multi-billion dollar companies taking advertising risks on amatures. Any dent that is getting put into the "ad creation industry" well, as much as I hate saying this, they are going to have to adapt. Since the internet age, lots of industries have been forced to. Talk to someone in the music industry. Downloading (both leagal and illeagal) has changed the way record companies have to operate. It's happening with flim and comics. Even the advancement of at-home tech is changing the game. Anyone can go out and buy softwear to create and album/film/comic. Ton's of it sufaces online everyday. A lot of it is crap, some of it is amazing, the flood of product is changing the playing field.

While I can't speak for Tim or Tom, I don't quite get why this is such a horrible idea. It would be diffrent if large companies like Wal-Mart, Target, (or Marvel, DC in this case) were doing this, but that's not the case here.

Most designers don't work on accounts like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. They do work for small to mid-size businesses, so when small to mid-size businesses host a "contest" instead of hiring a designer, they're directly hurting that industry.

As for huring the economy, I'm sure it's not putting companies out of business.

Sadly, companies do go out of business and individuals are impacted. Most design firms are small businesses or sole proprietors and every project makes a difference for them.

Here are some more resources where the case is made against design contests / speculative work:

http://antispec.com

http://www.thelogofa...esign-contests/

http://www.logodesig...design-contests

http://www.davidaire...d-for-business/

http://www.xemion.co...to-freelancers/

Just sharing the info I have so anybody reading this can make informed decisions.

Phew!,,I'm back something wierd happened when the new site went live and I got all kinds of bumped off!...yup new site is cool!..

Phew!,,I'm back something wierd happened when the new site went live and I got all kinds of bumped off!...yup new site is cool!..

You're not the only one. I had issues with the store, but it resolved its self the next day. Glad to see you back, Adam.

the 'just tryin to get to the store' panel should be up and working soon. right now you can hit the store button at the menu at top of page.

the 'where's my forum?' panel is also buggy. again, hit the top button for now. we have much more to add, but we wanted to get rolling before the end of the year, and after the world didn't end. so please use this section to tell us what's working - and what's not.

all good ideas will be stolen. so please share.

podcasts! that's a good one. noted.

we have lots of art to switch out, add and keep adding.

the STORE is really cool, and gonna get cooler. we are inviting all our raw artists to contribute to make posters tshirts and more.

and TIM will have a lot of cool stuff going up too! again - any suggestions as to what you'd like to see hanging on your wall or on your body or elsewhere will be taken seriously -

just remember, careful what you ask for! ;)

I have a suggestion but I hope it doesn't turn your face red. Have you ever thought of making female undergarments with the Raw Studios logo on it. Sorry if I embarassed anyone. ;)

back....had some problemos w the new site...but have it all figured out now...

everything looks wicked -- Merry Belated Ho and Happy New Year to everyone!!! :)

Is it just me? But I'm finding it really hard to read everything in the forum...the whole section is off balance (more so to the right).

I can't seem to center it.