OK, with that diatribe on the word's moronic contingent out of the way, who's up for a look at something that took effort and heart to create?

That's what I thought!

Check out this amazing illustration from BPV2 by Greg Staples - Colors by the sickly talented Grant Goleash (neither of whom are morons).

BP2Issue2pg22REDUXcolorsml.jpg

The cure for what ails ya ;)

- TB

Looks extraordinary! Thanks for posting, Tim! I feel better already. ;)

Didn't get this info until about 30 minutes ago. Been waiting all week to get specific times for this.

So I hope folks are paying attention!

TJ hits X-Play TONIGHT - 6:30pm/5:30pm CST on G4!

Check the link for more -

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726513/tonight-630530c-on-x-play-thomas-jane-in-studio-talking-comics-and-games/

Thanks - TB

Oh, also - We've run across a lot of lazy journalism lately with folks covering the BP VG on Kickstarter.

We're not hard to find, and I'm thinking fact-checking is something that is normally smiled upon when reporting on something.

One major site had our last issue of BP coming out in 2008! Hey folks, we're slow, but we ain't THAT kind of molasses!

Another site reports (and I quote) "Jane and Bradstreet have (unfortunately) teamed with Red Fly Studios to make the Bad Planet game, the studio that's probably best known for last year's Thor: God of Thunder. But everyone deserves a second chance, right?"

Egads! The tenor is arrogant AND it's just sloppy journalism. Had this fella done even the slightest bit of homework he'd have discovered that Red Fly Studio didn't make the terrible Thor game for the 360 and PS3 (which he's referring to). They ARE responsible for the Wii and 3DS versions, BOTH of which scored monumentally higher than their next gen counterparts.

The bitter pill to this is that people are gonna take this cat at his word and dismiss our game based on erroneous blather.

So please, don't believe everything you read. It's a darn shame that when you're shouting from the internet pulpit you can't be bothered with little things like accuracy and accountability.

That's it for the bitch session. Now onto more positive posting ;)

- TB

It is journalism like that. That ruins it for everybody.

My sentiments, exactly.

And today's (not-so) secret word is….”Morons!” Ahhhhh!!! ;)

I don’t like when people post their opinions disrespectfully. Most of the negative comments online would never be said in person by the ones who post them in the first place. There just isn’t enough time in the day to correct every ignorant statement posted by anonymous naysayers. We know better.

Good for you, Joyce! :) Though, you could just post your own opinion on there in a mature way without getting into a debate with anyone. That way, your voice gets heard.

Ugh! So, the journalist criticizes a game based on false info? How unprofessional. He should’ve done his homework.

Yeah I know I could of wrote a comment but at the time I was seeing red if you get my drift and I thought it was better I did not type anything.

If you missed XPlay tonight here's a link to the show, where TJ lets the cat outta the bag on that certain actor who will be joining us on the good ship Bad Planet Video Game!

Thomas Jane talks BP Vid Game, Kickstarter, and unveils a big surprise on XPlay!

Not a surprise to all, but a major feather in our collective cap!

Oh HELL yeah.

- TB

You really couldn't get better casting than Ron Perlman in that part.

And that was a pretty epic speed run Tom :)

If you missed XPlay tonight here's a link to the show, where TJ lets the cat outta the bag on that certain actor who will be joining us on the good ship Bad Planet Video Game!

Thomas Jane talks BP Vid Game, Kickstarter, and unveils a big surprise on XPlay!

Not a surprise to all, but a major feather in our collective cap!

Oh HELL yeah.

- TB

Great interview!

Even the Alien Deathspider got some serious screen time.

Date Night w/ Thomas Jane for $500,000+ -- Talk about an expensive date! If only I had that kind of cash lying around…He wouldn’t even have to get dressed up as any character to make it worth it. He could just go as himself, which is already quite a character.

Love seeing Tom play Super Mario Bros., which brought back such fond memories of playing that game. 39.7 sec. is impressive. Tom is the champion!

How could she not kiss TJ? That’s an opportunity you don’t pass up. Am I right, ladies? ;)

Allright - It's official - Guess who's coming to dinner?

Click ----> Bad Planet VG on Kickstarter - Update #2

Hope you dig this news!

- TB

Already commented on Kickstarter, but the update is worth talking about over & over. :D

Wow! When I read the name RON PERLMAN, I did a cartoon-style double take to make sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me. Incredible! I had a feeling he’d be a part of this project, but it’s wonderful to know it’s official. Kudos to landing the big man himself!

& then Thomas Jane is also voicing a character -- Super cool!

I can’t contain my excitement, so I know you all must be bouncing off the walls.

Current Pledge Amount Total: $29, 644

13 days to go! We gotta get this thing made!

It'll happen! Thanks for your support!!

- tb

Staying positive & motivated -- I love it! You’re welcome, Tim! :)

All right I'm officailly in..Hey duz that make me the boss now? :)

YES - but the caveat is that you have have to give us total freedom ;)

Nice jump last night!

We got a 10K backer and shot us up over 40k!

May look bleak since we're so far away from goal but we sat on 22-24k for a while and we've doubled our total in 48 hrs!

That's encouraging!

Keep plugging for us, spread the word, and don't forget to tell 'em Ron Perlman sent ya ;)

- TB

YES - but the caveat is that you have have to give us total freedom ;)

Nice jump last night!

We got a 10K backer and shot us up over 40k!

May look bleak since we're so far away from goal but we sat on 22-24k for a while and we've doubled our total in 48 hrs!

That's encouraging!

Keep plugging for us, spread the word, and don't forget to tell 'em Ron Perlman sent ya ;)

- TB

Tim I sent some more money your way hopefully it will help out a little bit. :rolleyes:

Always..Bullying my buddies into this as we speak..

Tim I sent some more money your way hopefully it will help out a little bit. :rolleyes:

Thanks kindly, Joyce!

Yer a super-backer for sure!!!

Best - Tim

Thanks kindly, Joyce!

Yer a super-backer for sure!!!

Best - Tim

Your welcome am just trying to help you guys out. :rolleyes:

Most appreciated!!

Y'know it's funny, I was checking out some coverage for the KS project and was reading some comments and it never ceases to amaze me how people have this assumption that since TJ is a movie star, why does he need to go to regular hard working 9-5 folks (ie, the fans) to finance this project? He's gotta be rolling in dough right? I mean all celebrities are all filthy rich, right?

Lemme tell ya folks, that's a misnomer. While Tom's not scraping to buy Keds for his daughter he also isn't filthy rich. And even if he was I doubt he or anyone else would want to go out of pocket for a half million and simply gamble it. We have no venture capital at RAW. Tom has dropped a lot of his personal finances on our books over the past 8 years. Most are not in the black. Paying artists and colorists and writers and production talent, coupled with FAT printing bills is a big nut. He ain't making money on this. Hopefully it pays off in some way down the road, but it takes a while to develop and build the IPs.

Plain and simple, we're independent.

This is why Kickstarter, or crowd-funding in general is a perfect fit.

Hell, we may actually try to finance a comics project that way, then folks are just basically pre-ordering the merchandise, and we don't have to go out of pocket or risk the farm to make it happen. We'll see. Maybe we do, maybe we don't. The idea is intriguing

Anyway, those assumptions just get my goat. I wouldn't take the time to post in the comments and try to convert the savages, but I can comfortably bitch about it here ;)

How about some good news? We've been doing a heck of a lot better this week than we have for the first 2-3 weeks. SLOW start pretty much doomed us.

As I've mentioned, this one isn't the end.

A lot of folks would just give up but I see this steady climb as very encouraging.

You look at how far we have to go and realistically people have to ask themselves why they should bother to back us.

Well I'll tell ya why. It shows us that people DO want to see this game project.

We know there are a ton of people out there who would love a game experience like we have in store, we just have to make people aware that it exists!

So I hit the pavement and grass roots it from dusk til dawn, spreading the word and infecting as many people as I can with a bit of passion.

The risk is low. If we don't make it this time no one has anything to lose since if we don't fully fund it costs people nothing.

But if you back us what it DOES do is it makes you a part of the team moving forward.

Everyone who backs us gets an email on D-day, informing them that we're re-launching and setting up a dedicated website which we'll be judiciously updating between the end of this campaign and the start of the next.

In the interim Red Fly is working hard (and on their own dime) to create a polished demo that we can show when we relaunch.

Folks need to see this thing.

Tom and I will be working hard at creating an encapsulated story trailer so that those unfamiliar with Bad Planet can learn much more about our world than they can discover in a quick verbal synopsis via our project vid. We'll also be attracting more talent along the way which will help get folks excited. I've got a composer friend who is extremely gifted. I think he's the next Bear McCreary and I'm hoping to bring him aboard. We'll have additional voice talent as well as talent coming aboard from the gaming world.

But until we reach the end of our next 12 days, I'm acting as if our goal is achievable. Cause it is. In spite of how things look on the surface I see this campaign as vitally important even if it fails.

An attempt-one fail is advertising! It's getting the word out and builds a core of support. That core is essential for the next step.

So please, keep spreading the word and to hell with words like "Fail". I only see in black and white when I draw ;)

Our massive thanks for the continued support!

- TB

Most appreciated!!

Y'know it's funny, I was checking out some coverage for the KS project and was reading some comments and it never ceases to amaze me how people have this assumption that since TJ is a movie star, why does he need to go to regular hard working 9-5 folks (ie, the fans) to finance this project? He's gotta be rolling in dough right? I mean all celebrities are all filthy rich, right?

Lemme tell ya folks, that's a misnomer. While Tom's not scraping to buy Keds for his daughter he also isn't filthy rich. And even if he was I doubt he or anyone else would want to go out of pocket for a half million and simply gamble it. We have no venture capital at RAW. Tom has dropped a lot of his personal finances on our books over the past 8 years. Most are not in the black. Paying artists and colorists and writers and production talent, coupled with FAT printing bills is a big nut. He ain't making money on this. Hopefully it pays off in some way down the road, but it takes a while to develop and build the IPs.

Hell, we may actually try to finance a comics project that way, then folks are just basically pre-ordering the merchandise, and we don't have to go out of pocket or risk the farm to make it happen. We'll see. Maybe we do, maybe we don't. The idea is intriguing

Anyway, those assumptions just get my goat. I wouldn't take the time to post in the comments and try to convert the savages, but I can comfortably bitch about it here ;)

How about some good news? We've been doing a heck of a lot better this week than we have for the first 2-3 weeks. SLOW start pretty much doomed us.

A lot of folks would just give up but I see this steady climb as very encouraging.

You look at how far we have to go and realistically people have to ask themselves why they should bother to back us.

Well I'll tell ya why. It shows us that people DO want to see this game project.

We know there are a ton of people out there who would love a game experience like we have in store, we just have to make people aware that it exists!

So I hit the pavement and grass roots it from dusk til dawn, spreading the word and infecting as many people as I can with a bit of passion.

The risk is low. If we don't make it this time no one has anything to lose since if we don't fully fund it costs people nothing.

But if you back us what it DOES do is it makes you a part of the team moving forward.

Everyone who backs us gets an email on D-day, informing them that we're re-launching and setting up a dedicated website which we'll be judiciously updating between the end of this campaign and the start of the next.

In the interim Red Fly is working hard (and on their own dime) to create a polished demo that we can show when we relaunch.

Tom and I will be working hard at creating an encapsulated story trailer so that those unfamiliar with Bad Planet can learn much more about our world than they can discover in a quick verbal synopsis via our project vid. We'll also be attracting more talent along the way which will help get folks excited. I've got a composer friend who is extremely gifted. I think he's the next Bear McCreary and I'm hoping to bring him aboard. We'll have additional voice talent as well as talent coming aboard from the gaming world.

But until we reach the end of our next 12 days, I'm acting as if our goal is achievable. Cause it is. In spite of how things look on the surface I see this campaign as vitally important even if it fails.

An attempt-one fail is advertising! It's getting the word out and builds a core of support. That core is essential for the next step.

So please, keep spreading the word and to hell with words like "Fail". I only see in black and white when I draw ;)

- TB

What I don't understand is why people think if you are a actor or actress you are filthy rich. What you think they don't have to pay bills like the rest of us or pay taxes. Come on people they are different then the rest of us except they may make a little bit more money.

What I don't understand is why people think if you are a actor or actress you are filthy rich. What you think they don't have to pay bills like the rest of us or pay taxes. Come on people they are different then the rest of us except they may make a little bit more money.

That comment above should of said they are not any different then the rest of us. Sorry about that have been kind of sick lately so my brain has been kind of not working.

Most appreciated!!

- TB

It is pretty irksome of people to just assume failure. If you don’t make your money this time around, I sense the determination to show up fighting even harder to get this game made. This is a learning experience for all of us. I understand why it’s just as important to support you now rather than waiting to join the bandwagon towards the end. One can’t reach a destination without getting into the vehicle first.

Wait! You mean to tell us that RAW doesn’t in fact have a money tree growing in its backyard? :o

A comic book Kickstarter -- That would be interesting. Any project RAW wants to make with the assistance of any kind of crowd-funding, I’ll back.

I honestly don’t know what Tom being a movie star has to do with it, either. What? He makes movies for a living so that means he can’t collaborate on other projects or want to include fans in a making-of process? It’s their loss to not realize that maybe, just maybe, Tom doesn’t fit into their mold of how a star should live.

BAD PLANET story trailer -- Great idea! It’d be really helpful to show people more of what the video game’s based on.

Current Pledge Amount Total: $40, 480

Reaching the goal is still a possibility.

It is pretty irksome of people to just assume failure. If you don’t make your money this time around, I sense the determination to show up fighting even harder to get this game made. This is a learning experience for all of us. I understand why it’s just as important to support you now rather than waiting to join the bandwagon towards the end. One can’t reach a destination without getting into the vehicle first.

Wait! You mean to tell us that RAW doesn’t in fact have a money tree growing in its backyard? :o

A comic book Kickstarter -- That would be interesting. Any project RAW wants to make with the assistance of any kind of crowd-funding, I’ll back.

I honestly don’t know what Tom being a movie star has to do with it, either. What? He makes movies for a living so that means he can’t collaborate on other projects or want to include fans in a making-of process? It’s their loss to not realize that maybe, just maybe, Tom doesn’t fit into their mold of how a star should live.

BAD PLANET story trailer -- Great idea! It’d be really helpful to show people more of what the video game’s based on.

Current Pledge Amount Total: $40, 480

Reaching the goal is still a possibility.

Well as Tim said before there are some morons out there. And I agree some morons who don't know there ass from a hole in the ground. Sorry I swore.

Two schools of thought on a hard press to hit our current campaign goal -

1. If we continue to hit the media with things like Ron Perlman's involvement, then we hurt ourselves moving forward to next campaign, cause having Ron in is a Game-Changer.

If we push that now then it's likely that we won't get that push on the relaunch which is where we REALLY are going to need it. Most media outlets do not do follow-ups, which is what would be required here. We currently still need to raise over half a million to make it in 10 days, and we fear promoting Ron now would be "too awesome-too late".

2. If we can continue to build support and attract backers without the huge media push then we can launch our dedicated website and pull the core backers along with us.

Then we have a nucleus in place for the relaunch. THEN we hit the media and do a blitz, along with consistent updating. We take that time to get the demo ready, the story trailer ready, Carlos Huante will have time to work up some BP specific concepts, we'll have a composer, and we'll be announcing additional voice talent, etc. We'll also be doing a re-boot of our entire prize tier, and that will be a ton more awesome as well!

That's the poop.

Thanks everyone!

- TB

Two schools of thought on a hard press to hit our current campaign goal -

1. If we continue to hit the media with things like Ron Perlman's involvement, then we hurt ourselves moving forward to next campaign, cause having Ron in is a Game-Changer.

If we push that now then it's likely that we won't get that push on the relaunch which is where we REALLY are going to need it. Most media outlets do not do follow-ups, which is what would be required here. We currently still need to raise over half a million to make it in 10 days, and we fear promoting Ron now would be "too awesome-too late".

2. If we can continue to build support and attract backers without the huge media push then we can launch our dedicated website and pull the core backers along with us.

Then we have a nucleus in place for the relaunch. THEN we hit the media and do a blitz, along with consistent updating. We take that time to get the demo ready, the story trailer ready, Carlos Huante will have time to work up some BP specific concepts, we'll have a composer, and we'll be announcing additional voice talent, etc. We'll also be doing a re-boot of our entire prize tier, and that will be a ton more awesome as well!

That's the poop.

Thanks everyone!

- TB

If you guys don't raise the money which I hope that will not happen. Are you guys going to try a second time or do you guys have a deadline for when you have to have the money. Just asking.

This has nothing to do with the game but I just have to ask it. Why is that I see tom on here but most of the time he does not post anything I mean I am not saying anything bad about the guy cuz I think he is a wonderful person but I was just curious. ;)